• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Free Wifi

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
So I was meeting some friends in the old wetherspoon and since I had an hour to wait I thought I'd connect to their wifi and play some poker on my tablet while I waited.

It was brick though, it kept cutting out, timing out my hand and forcing me to fold..

So where do you guys score free wifi while you're out and about?

The Cloud - provide free wifi for wetherspoons and various pubs/high street chains, including Caffe Nero and Greggs

O2 - Provide free Wifi in Mcdonalds, Harvesters, Costas and some other pub chains.

Virgin Media - Provides Wifi on London Underground stations.

On the o2 website they claim that their wifi is fast enough to stream video and skype so surely it should be good enough to play some poker? And does anyone know if The Cloud's wifi sucks or was it just the wifi in that particular spoons I was in?

Obviously playing poker isn't the be all and end all of wifi.. but it's nice to know. The Cloud's wifi is more than good enough for e-mails and web browsing.

So I was meeting some friends in the old wetherspoon and since I had an hour to wait I thought I'd connect to their wifi and play some poker on my tablet while I waited.

It was brick though, it kept cutting out, timing out my hand and forcing me to fold..

So where do you guys score free wifi while you're out and about?

The Cloud - provide free wifi for wetherspoons and various pubs/high street chains, including Caffe Nero and Greggs

O2 - Provide free Wifi in Mcdonalds, Harvesters, Costas and some other pub chains.

Virgin Media - Provides Wifi on London Underground stations.

On the o2 website they claim that their wifi is fast enough to stream video and skype so surely it should be good enough to play some poker? And does anyone know if The Cloud's wifi sucks or was it just the wifi in that particular spoons I was in?

Obviously playing poker isn't the be all and end all of wifi.. but it's nice to know. The Cloud's wifi is more than good enough for e-mails and web browsing.

I'll name that tune in one. Austerity Britain by The Streets?

The Virgin media on the tube wi-fi.................does it cut out once you go North of kings Cross?

It only works on the platforms, not when you are actually travelling. Pointless, plus you now have to pay for it. Should be free.

Amazing how many places don't have free Wi-Fi like airports for one. London City seems to be the only one that I know of that has it.

Most coffee shops are free now. Costa and Starbucks are free - starbucks wifi is as brick as their fudgein coffees though - ****s.

I use that Sky Cloud and its generally terrible. Only good thing is it picks up a signal where I have my fag breaks in the city.

Anywhere outside the city its not even worth having

Back