• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New York

Bloomberg has been handling the press really well as well from what I've seen. Keeping things light hearted but sombre at the same time some how and being very clipped and concise when any idiot reporters try asking questions about exploding transformers, nuclear plants etc.

Bloomberg is another Republican I could vote for!

Actually - he's an Independent now?

A fiscally conservative, socially liberal Republican.....my kind of man!

What's not to like......self made Billionaire, unlike Romney who was born into priviledge...............I see he is still campaigning today in Ohio whilst Obama has cancelled all trips. Classy.

Kennedy airport closed until 1100 (UK time) Wednesday, Newark until 2300 Wednesday.

Kennedy runways and taxiways under water still, so may be extended. Last Virgin flight out of JFK yesterday morning reported the water lapping over end of runway as it went airborne

Dang, posted in the other thread...
For once, I'm glad I don't live in NYC. How long will it take for the subways to be up and running? Seemed like large swaths of the city lost power.

There are helicopters that Chris Christie can ride in? But props to him for prioritizing cleaning up this mess and not playing politics, especially when mentioning FEMA. That's Republican fodder right there.

Dang, posted in the other thread...
For once, I'm glad I don't live in NYC. How long will it take for the subways to be up and running? Seemed like large swaths of the city lost power.

There are helicopters that Chris Christie can ride in? But props to him for prioritizing cleaning up this mess and not playing politics, especially when mentioning FEMA. That's Republican fodder right there.

Romney plans to close FEMA, don't he?

On the power, I think the utility companies switched it off. That way they don't get the transformers short-circuiting, a problem in New Orleans after Katrina, and they can switch it back on when the water recedes. Should make it quicker to get power back although some people might have lost it unnecessarily.

Romney plans to close FEMA, don't he?

On the power, I think the utility companies switched it off. That way they don't get the transformers short-circuiting, a problem in New Orleans after Katrina, and they can switch it back on when the water recedes. Should make it quicker to get power back although some people might have lost it unnecessarily.

The damage to the power is the most extensive in NYC history. Bloomberg today said it's going to take days to get it back up. They preemptively shut down power in a lot of places downtown, but there was a massive explosion at a power station on the east side of the island that knocked out power for about 40 blocks. Not sure when those people will have power again. Crazy.

The damage to the power is the most extensive in NYC history. Bloomberg today said it's going to take days to get it back up. They preemptively shut down power in a lot of places downtown, but there was a massive explosion at a power station on the east side of the island that knocked out power for about 40 blocks. Not sure when those people will have power again. Crazy.

Ah, that doesn't sound promising. Presumably things like that are the reason for the premptive shutdown. Although I suppose they don't need the power station back on to restore power, just to fix the network and get power from the national grid.

I think so....and Ocean City......that's where it made landfall and those barrier islands along the coast are low laying and very vulnerable to flooding.

Lots of the houses are built on stilts for that reason.

Looks like the boardwalk has been washed away!

Sister in law is out there. Says they still have no power or communications. Mobile phone battery on it's last legs. But they still have some wine left.

As long as there's wine left

Haha

Just called, it's really bad.

She went out there to film a series so her digs aren't too bad but it's problematic for all.

They filled the bathtub before hand but have used it for the loo (apparently the U.S system needs electricity for the bog flush to work?). Haven't showered for 3 days and food is running low.

There are some places to charge your phone but as you can imagine, people are fighting for this (maybe more so than food?).

There are some buses but I believe no flights.

You'd think it was a village and not some major City!

I want to suggest people poop in bags and chuck them but that will only attract disease...

Back