• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Stop Spacegoating Sanchez.

DesFVVsX0AAfys9.jpg

Oh you're still banging that drum - players with a long history of positive contribution tend to get passes where other players that contributed less haven't, same in every walk of life. That said Kane & Son were two of the most criticised players in the squad last season.

Everyone can have bad games but I do find it strange that the blame is reserved for Son and Kane only whenever we lose 1-0 like the other 8 outfield players aren’t allowed to score or something.

The worst people would say about Kane and Son is they should not be subbed or rotated if off form (heightened by a previous lack of decent alternatives) Calls for Kane to he sold where based on his interviews with Neville imo.

There are a handful of players I don't think are quite good enough, but even in the case of Sanchez I'm happy to say he made a valuable contribution in the run in. But based on the years of watching him I just think he will always have a mistake in him, he still looks unnatural on the ball and this is not mitigated by him being especially strong or reading the game well.

There is an element of confirmation bias if course but I am really surprised that after all this time Sanchez could divide opinions. Then again I think Tanganga has more potential and I've seen people write him off so this is why we love to talk about the game so much.

I don't mind disagreeing,but not rating someone doesn't need to be aggressive and without reasoning, but its not spacegoating to look at our squad as it improves and identify the weak spots based on a few years worth of observations. He has my support in the shirt, as they all do, I'd just rather we had someone who isn't as skittish.

Last edited:
The worst people would say about Kane and Son is they should not be subbed or rotated if off form (heightened by a previous lack of decent alternatives) Calls for Kane to he sold where based on his interviews with Neville imo.

There are a handful of players I don't think are quite good enough, but even in the case of Sanchez I'm happy to say he made a valuable contribution in the run in. But based on the years of watching him I just think he will always have a mistake in him, he still looks unnatural on the ball and this is not mitigated by him being especially strong or reading the game well.

There is an element of confirmation bias if course but I am really surprised that after all this time Sanchez could divide opinions. Then again I think Tanganga has more potential and I've seen people write him off so this is why we love to talk about the game so much.

I don't mind disagreeing,but not rating someone doesn't need to be aggressive and without reasoning, but its not spacegoating to look at our squad as it improves and identify the weak spots based on a few years worth of observations. He has my support in the shirt, as they all do, I'd just rather we had someone who isn't as skittish.

That is fair enough and i do not really disagree, but you/me/and others have seen a lot of slagging off for Sanchez by some and its a little over the top IMO. It was not so long ago that the likes of Dier/ Davies were getting in the ear about how brick they were but they have proved a lot of those folks wrong, maybe Sanchez can do the same?

Not saying you were one of those folks but we have seen it happen.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of him from previous seasons, since Conte has been here he has shown to be solid and dependable when playing RCB. Conte only gave game time to a select few outside the starting eleven and he was one of them which speaks volumes. Think his on the ball work has developed aswell. He’s fine as a squad player…..

Regardless of what anyone thinks of him from previous seasons, since Conte has been here he has shown to be solid and dependable when playing RCB. Conte only gave game time to a select few outside the starting eleven and he was one of them which speaks volumes. Think his on the ball work has developed aswell. He’s fine as a squad player…..
I think the back 3 and Bentancur has made most of our defenders look better, (Not just Sanchez). I'd still be nervous about him filling on for a run of games and I still think he looks uncomfortable on the ball compared to the rest of the team. But if we don't sign anyone else I think we have addressed the priorities and hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

It's like Moura, I think we can do better but we have more pressing needs when it comes to offloading genuine surplus to requirements players than looking to upgrade seemingly content low maintenance squad players.
It's hard to see any future for Winks, Lo Celso or Ndombele with the depth we have at CM.
Reggie I wouldn't mind as a squad player but needs to stop bricking the bed in the final third and pre season selection infers at least one of him or Conte are not happy with his role in the pecking order.
Rodon whilst never offending me with his performances has failed to convince 3 managers so expect his further along taxi rank than Sanchez.
Gil - Not sure on him, lacks stature but not technique but the only slot is backup for Kulu. I can see us cashing in if a La liga side ia interested.
Tanganga I'm actually a fan of, seems a loan to Italy is imminent. I hope it doesn't have a buy clause but he needs a season at cb and if AC see his potential based on the few games he has had then he must have something?
Royal - Did step up and he's the one i'd say became solid and dependable, unfortunately that's not enough for rwb here. Not against him becoming a rcb but then I don't see where Sanchez fits in?
Parrott - kicked on at MK Dons but as they didn't go up think a championship loan is best.
Sarr - Not seen enough, will he get enough games to develop?

That is fair enough and i do not really disagree, but you/me/and others have seen a lot of slagging off for Sanchez by some and its a little over the top IMO. It was not so long ago that the likes of Dier/ Davies were getting in the ear about how brick they were but they have proved a lot of those folks wrong, maybe Sanchez can do the same?

Not saying you were one of those folks but we have seen it happen.
There's definitely an element of it, same at the ground I think I just butted in as sometimes some posters seem keen to defend players at all costs when there is always going to be either individual performances or squad discussions where some players will not hit the standard.

Where do you stand on the relative ability of Winks, Rodon and Tanganga to our squad and ambition? Which players would be top of your list to sell?

There's definitely an element of it, same at the ground I think I just butted in as sometimes some posters seem keen to defend players at all costs when there is always going to be either individual performances or squad discussions where some players will not hit the standard.

Where do you stand on the relative ability of Winks, Rodon and Tanganga to our squad and ambition? Which players would be top of your list to sell?

Well i think we have to try and shift some players for sure, Winks has to go ( for his own sake he needs to play), I would like to see Tanganga go out on loan ( but no agreement to sell) as i think we have not seen the best of him here. Rodon is a unusual one as for what ever reason he has not been getting any games recently( which makes me wonder why) he has not really let himself down in the games he has played though. Reggy is a funny one, in his first few games he looked a proper player but for whatever reason he has failed to push that on and he plays as if he is a bag of nerves, from the outside its impossiable for us to know why.

Oh you're still banging that drum - players with a long history of positive contribution tend to get passes where other players that contributed less haven't, same in every walk of life. That said Kane & Son were two of the most criticised players in the squad last season.
Yep, certainly am and will do so when they have bad games.

Yep, certainly am and will do so when they have bad games.

But you often tend to single those two in particular whenever we lose and no one else almost like the other outfield players don’t have to contribute in terms of goals and assists. It’s unrealistic to expect them to turn up every single week. Even Messi and Ronaldo had off games in their prime. It’s not Kane and Son’s fault that we are over reliant on them for goals. Anyway, hopefully that will change next season because it’s not a recipe for success if one of them gets injured for example.

But you often tend to single those two in particular whenever we lose and no one else almost like the other outfield players don’t have to contribute in terms of goals and assists. It’s unrealistic to expect them to turn up every single week. Even Messi and Ronaldo had off games in their prime. It’s not Kane and Son’s fault that we are over reliant on them for goals. Anyway, hopefully that will change next season because it’s not a recipe for success if one of them gets injured for example.
I think people highlight my criticism of Son and Kane and block out the criticism i give other players. I think i am quite fair in my criticism and i feel i do this equally with other players. I know when i mention a bad performance from Kane and Son that i would get jumped on for it by the majority and i feel this is why it seems i have some sort of vendetta against them but i really don’t. People don’t highlight my criticism of other players, i rip into Hojberg alot, Reguilon, Lloris etc.

I think people highlight my criticism of Son and Kane and block out the criticism i give other players. I think i am quite fair in my criticism and i feel i do this equally with other players. I know when i mention a bad performance from Kane and Son that i would get jumped on for it by the majority and i feel this is why it seems i have some sort of vendetta against them but i really don’t. People don’t highlight my criticism of other players, i rip into Hojberg alot, Reguilon, Lloris etc.

We all see when son has a poor performance. It's the calling for him to be dropped we disagreed with.

Good to know that you strive to share all your criticism across the team.
Any prospect of some praise anytime soon?

I've no problem with commenting on any players performance and I'm not saying you have done this, but it's the personal attacks and calling players offensive names that annoys me, nobody plays badly on purpose and as weve seen last season the usual suspects performances improved with the benefit of good coaching and having a strategy.

See, I blame all this dissension on Eccleshare Syndrome. The Arsenal cnut drops all sorts of tiny turds into his articles which invite readers to get up their dander and bitch about something minor about Spurs. Then it builds up and before long you've got all sorts of snark on Spurs forums.

Did'you'se catch that turd-laced piece on Djed Spence on the Arseletic? Absolutely invites all sorts of doubt and concern about Spence's character and abilities when he's simply an up-and-coming 21-year-old who has done well in his development and has earned a bit of slack from observers and Spurs fans alike.

That’s fine, but if often comes across as blaming them solely. The majority of goals and chances created are by those two but they do need help sometimes too. Conte’s system relies heavily on full backs but they created very little for us last season. The centre mids also created next to nothing. Kulusevski chipped in with his share of goals and assists, but we got very little from the rest of the team. How often do we nick goals from set pieces for example? I can’t recall many.

Sanchez has shown in the years that he has been here that he plays his worst football at LCB so I am surprised that he does not consider starting Rodon there ahead of him.

I feel sorry for Sanchez because he does not at all comfortable playing in that position and when he makes the inevitable mistake he will get slaughtered.

Sanchez has shown in the years that he has been here that he plays his worst football at LCB so I am surprised that he does not consider starting Rodon there ahead of him.

I feel sorry for Sanchez because he does not at all comfortable playing in that position and when he makes the inevitable mistake he will get slaughtered.
Did well at LCB vs Rangers. Even did a nice move near the box.

Back