• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

Have not read a peep on here by the pro EU lot about how the European Union pressurised by Germany voted to carry on trading with Russia for precious metals.

Very quick to post EU flags when they send something more then helmets to Ukraine. But nothing about the EU being funded by blood money. Feel free at this point to indulge in a spot of what about ism and say how the UK benefited from slavery etc 150 years ago.

There are reports that they swapped captured soldiers to secure the major, but then again propaganda is rife on all fronts.
Yeah I just saw that report too, 9 solidiers exchanged. I guess it adds up as one Ukrainian is worth 9 Russian soldiers.

Yeah I just saw that report too, 9 solidiers exchanged. I guess it adds up as one Ukrainian is worth 9 Russian soldiers.

Depends, the one who was threatening my wife n son last night over telegram is just a worthless clam. But every culture has its tacos I suppose.
(She is a Russian speaking Ukrainian, guess that is enough nowadays)

Depends, the one who was threatening my wife n son last night over telegram is just a worthless clam. But every culture has its tacos I suppose.
(She is a Russian speaking Ukrainian, guess that is enough nowadays)
I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds despicable and yes every country has is assholes.

As mentioned in the “what happened today thread” we had a chat this evening with someone we had originally earmarked as “Eastern European” but who it transpires is Russian (lesson learned in the past, since forgotten, now re-learned - don’t assume English isn’t understood/spoken just because the person doesn’t appear to react to the language). Anyway, we had a good chat about our holiday in Russia but eventually the elephant in the room was too much and I had to ask about Putin and Ukraine. This was someone well travelled and (despite questionable childcare skills), clearly far from stupid. Yet he was totally bought into Putin, didn’t believe all the Western justification for supporting the Ukrainian resistance, believes Ukraine to be essentially Russian, strongly believed that Putin has over 80% support of the population (talks of rigged elections are bogus western meddling), acknowledged that someone probably poisoned Navalny but it wouldn’t have been Putin-led as there was no need as Navalny’s popularity was sinking fast, and generally felt that Putin has good control over the whole situation (no madness or irrational behaviour) and is well supported.
The whole conversation was quite surreal. I did ask him what he thought of being able to see coverage overseas that he wouldn’t be allowed to see in Russia but he dismissed it as untrue propaganda. It was thoroughly disconcerting. I wasn’t going to get into an argument with him - not appropriate on holiday - but it was very shocking to hear such a viewpoint from someone whom I would have expected to be more wordly- wise, as it were.

As mentioned in the “what happened today thread” we had a chat this evening with someone we had originally earmarked as “Eastern European” but who it transpires is Russian (lesson learned in the past, since forgotten, now re-learned - don’t assume English isn’t understood/spoken just because the person doesn’t appear to react to the language). Anyway, we had a good chat about our holiday in Russia but eventually the elephant in the room was too much and I had to ask about Putin and Ukraine. This was someone well travelled and (despite questionable childcare skills), clearly far from stupid. Yet he was totally bought into Putin, didn’t believe all the Western justification for supporting the Ukrainian resistance, believes Ukraine to be essentially Russian, strongly believed that Putin has over 80% support of the population (talks of rigged elections are bogus western meddling), acknowledged that someone probably poisoned Navalny but it wouldn’t have been Putin-led as there was no need as Navalny’s popularity was sinking fast, and generally felt that Putin has good control over the whole situation (no madness or irrational behaviour) and is well supported.
The whole conversation was quite surreal. I did ask him what he thought of being able to see coverage overseas that he wouldn’t be allowed to see in Russia but he dismissed it as untrue propaganda. It was thoroughly disconcerting. I wasn’t going to get into an argument with him - not appropriate on holiday - but it was very shocking to hear such a viewpoint from someone whom I would have expected to be more wordly- wise, as it were.
I'm not sure I would have been as circumspect.

You might have been if you had someone looking daggers at you, silently warning you not to “go there”. And sometimes it’s more interesting, if less palatable, to let someone air their viewpoint.
I assume you mean your husband. Yes I totally understand this, and I would have had the same pleading eyes from my own partner if this conversation had happened. She can read my twitches like a poker player reads tells. I have a fairly high threshold for listening to aberrant nonsence but this I'm not sure I could have ignored.

Last edited:

As maddening as it is to me my Latvian friend sort of takes Putin side, has said the west put to many sanctions on him. He gets to see both news reports so should have more sense.

But it is interesting how people pick sides. Not heard a lot on here at the reports today of EU countries selling arms to Russia even after an embargo or how Macron give the ok to sell them chemical warfare in 2014 when he was finance minister.

Not heard ant response to the Ukrainian presidents claims that Germany has blood on it's hands because of continuing to trade for steel, aluminium etc from Russia. No not heard a lot about that today on here.

Back