• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Dier too. The new boys too often look isolated. The Poch bunch seems to be a clique that is unfriendly to newcomers. Established players like Hojberg and Lo Celso seem to enjoy playing for their country not club. Younger ones like Reggie, Bergwjin still seem far from integrating with the team, and the latest ones Kulu, Bentan and even Sess... Not a lot of communications with the rest of the team and look lonely. Mad ones like Moura and Gollini seem to get along just fine though.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I am amazed at how you draw you conclusions. How do you figure that Kulu and Bentan seem far from integrating into the team? There is nothing to suggest that either player is having problems off the pitch, and on the pitch they looked good.

I would suggest that if there was a reason for some of our new players not being happy at Spurs, it is simply because they have been unable to hold down a regular place in the first team, and that is something you cannot blame on either Kane or Son. Those players need to get put in the hard work and force themselves into the starting line up, which is exactly what Son did. I remember Son wanted to leave after his first season, he was unhappy because he was not playing regularly. Poch told him to stay and fight and look, at him now. Dele Alli was happy at Spurs, and then was not, and that was when he lost his place in the starting line up.

Last edited:
Funny how comments about there being a clique in the dressing room only come out after a defeat. Nobody was saying stuff like that after outclassing Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday, after coming from behind to beat Leicester in injury time or after today's win.
Does that somehow invalidate the point? By the way, I'm not stating that the original comment is completely factual, but increased scrutiny is normal and expected after a defeat. If we were playing well, it probably could be argued that it isn't a detrimental issue.

Does that somehow invalidate the point? By the way, I'm not stating that the original comment is completely factual, but increased scrutiny is normal and expected after a defeat. If we were playing well, it probably could be argued that it isn't a detrimental issue.

I think assertions such as the original comment in this discussion requires supporting evidence to validate it.

Dier too. The new boys too often look isolated. The Poch bunch seems to be a clique that is unfriendly to newcomers. Established players like Hojberg and Lo Celso seem to enjoy playing for their country not club. Younger ones like Reggie, Bergwjin still seem far from integrating with the team, and the latest ones Kulu, Bentan and even Sess... Not a lot of communications with the rest of the team and look lonely. Mad ones like Moura and Gollini seem to get along just fine though.

You do have some imagination to come up with these things

Funny how many had written him off. Even when he wasn’t playing well you could see he had qualities that should see him come good with a run of games. More to come from him still. He needs to keep plugging away and there will be moments where he excels, and as he does, he’ll develop more faith in himself. He hasn’t had a proper run of games probably since being a Fulham. He needs a midfielder to play off who’ll give him some 1-2 passes to run onto down the wing, where he can use his pace. Football fans always lament players because they don’t ‘take on their man’ as though this is something that is common. Most PL players have good pace and ability and you can’t just run around them. With the exception of a Traore. So Sessengon and Conte needs to coordinate passes to free him. Then (as I’ve been saying for ages) he’s better in attack than Reggie. They should push each other on and create competition and strong rotation options. Hopefully Conte rotates in phases - 10 games each etc - rather than every other game which seems to stall consistency and momentum.

Last edited:
I have been saying for a while that this kid just needs some time. I have always believed he has the potential, he scored 18 goals in one season in the Championship. People also seem to forget that he is still just 21 years old. As his confidence grows so too will his consistency.

I have been saying for a while that this kid just needs some time. I have always believed he has the potential, he scored 18 goals in one season in the Championship. People also seem to forget that he is still just 21 years old. As his confidence grows so too will his consistency.

I think he scored 16 league goals, and that was in 48 starts. Which would be equivalent to 10 goals in a more realistic 30 starts - still impressive given his age, but puts things in perspective a bit more. (Agree he has potential though and might fulfil it in time!)

I am amazed at how you draw you conclusions. How do you figure that Kulu and Bentan seem far from integrating into the team? There is nothing to suggest that either player is having problems off the pitch, and on the pitch they looked good.

I would suggest that if there was a reason for some of our new players not being happy at Spurs, it is simply because they have been unable to hold down a regular place in the first team, and that is something you cannot blame on either Kane or Son. Those players need to get put in the hard work and force themselves into the starting line up, which is exactly what Son did. I remember Son wanted to leave after his first season, he was unhappy because he was not playing regularly. Poch told him to stay and fight and look, at him now. Dele Alli was happy at Spurs, and then was not, and that was when he lost his place in the starting line up.

It's not about being happy it's about playing together well and looking out for each other.

Communication.... Verbal and non verbal... You can see on camera we are the quieter amongst epl teams. Especially if someone takes a tackle, executes or receives a nasty tackle... The Spurs player in the centre of it is often isolated.

Always no one there quickly enough providing moral support or advice or an arm around the shoulder. Creating the atmosphere for trust and teamwork. It's lacking in this team and Kane, Dier and Lori's haven't done much as senior players to help.

It's not about being happy it's about playing together well and looking out for each other.

Communication.... Verbal and non verbal... You can see on camera we are the quieter amongst epl teams. Especially if someone takes a tackle, executes or receives a nasty tackle... The Spurs player in the centre of it is often isolated.

Always no one there quickly enough providing moral support or advice or an arm around the shoulder. Creating the atmosphere for trust and teamwork. It's lacking in this team and Kane, Dier and Lori's haven't done much as senior players to help.

Yeah, let's blame Dier, Kane Lloris for the inconsistencies of Lo Celso and Tanguy

I think assertions such as the original comment in this discussion requires supporting evidence to validate it.
I agree with this, but I do think discussions of squad harmony are warranted... maybe not in this thread, and of course with some sources (unless hypotheticals are being discussed).

I agree with this, but I do think discussions of squad harmony are warranted... maybe not in this thread, and of course with some sources (unless hypotheticals are being discussed).

I just find it interesting that players like Romero, Kulu and Bentancur who appear to have established themselves immediately in the starting line up do not raise the issue of struggling to settle, and looking lonely etc

I just find it interesting that players like Romero, Kulu and Bentancur who appear to have established themselves immediately in the starting line up do not raise the issue of struggling to settle, and looking lonely etc
I think it’s because we haven’t a Clue on the outside and people just wanna guess how players are made to feel
I doubt we are any worse or better than any club at welcoming players into the fold

Showing some real good signs I think. Still flashes more than consistency in terms of great involvements, but tries a lot more to make things happen, great to see.

Hopefully he can keep it up.

Back