• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

I couldn't watch the game today (looks like I haven't missed much) but I think it's worth keeping in mind that this guy has won silverware everywhere he's been. Mourinho was yesterday's man, Santo was too nice, Pochettino had lost it... It can't always be the manager's fault. We're all passionate about the club and I hope you know I'm not singling you out here but at the end of the day, even Christian Gross knows a lot more about managing a football team than any of us ever will. We can't put the manager under fire everytime we get a couple of poor performances... particularly not with the players we have at the moment.

As a reminder, on this very message board, a lot of people sided with Dele when Mourinho tried to offload him. Twelve months later... who's been proved right?

I'm not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread but we can't really hope to attract someone with a better CV at the moment so if I had to put my money on someone to turn things around and if I were left with a choice between the manager and the players... let's just that it wouldn't take me too long to reach a decision.
When are we going to learn that an extensive CV means nothing when it comes to being a successful manager at Spurs.

Our best managers in recent years, BMJ, Harry and Poch didn't exactly have stellar cvs. But they could make teams better than the sum of their parts.

We need to give Conte a chance but the signs are not good so far and his CV is meaningless to me while I watch us lose regularly. The Chelsea losses recently were reminiscent of of 90s Spurs.

Kane probably won’t reproduce his best in a spurs shirt.

this is a horrible uncomfortable truth that we have to deal with. He needs to be sold and we go again.

Hugo is undeserving of being our captain, a captain at goalkeeper is always dumb anyway, and I don’t care for the Hugo lovers, guy is 100 per cent on the decline.

best we can hope for is a miracle in the fa cup.

conte needs a summer window if he has the stomach for it.

yeah, I feel down, next year will be even harder with Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming into play.

don’t have many solutions or answers atm, just feel utterly down with the current state of things.

Thats so fudging stupid to say! Are you one of the ppl that was saying Bale needed to go becouse we didnt win with him in the team? Romero is by far the best defender, not his problem the rest is s h i t
You carry on being a fan boy and wearing your Romero tinted glasses. He has done nothing to suggest he is as good as people claim and he should be criticised like everyone else.

I warned very clearly a couple of days ago that a successful end to the season hinged on a change from 343 to 352.

Now its too late (especially as we get no points from the next game) we completely fudged it by incredibly just persisting with the same brick that struggled against chelsea, brighton and soton.

We got what we deserved for being so desperately naive.

You carry on being a fan boy and wearing your Romero tinted glasses. He has done nothing to suggest he is as good as people claim and he should be criticised like everyone else.
I will assume you give no consideration to the fact that he is a young player, new to the league, just off a long injury, playing in a terrible back line that has its most reliable (this season) player (Dier) out injured.

I will assume you give no consideration to the fact that he is a young player, new to the league, just off a long injury, playing in a terrible back line that has its most reliable (this season) player (Dier) out injured.

The boy is a star for me. He’s just surrounded by brick. He’ll be one of the best defenders in the league. Of all the problems in our first eleven today, he’s about tenth or eleventh.

Nope, i am judging by everyone calling him world class already. I can’t form a bad opinion on him because its too soon yet everyone can make a good opinion of him in the same time frame? You see what i am getting at?

Watching from the best seats in the North Stand (many thanks @nelto) you could certainly see what a decent job Mourinho did to get half a tune out of this lot.

Zero shape, zero skill and zero intelligence.

I know its only a couple of games but I have seen nothing from Bentancur and Kulusevski that makes me think they are yet more players from another top European team that are distinctly average. Typical Spurs last couple of hours on the last day of the transfer window and we sign 2 players Juve want to get off their books to accommodate a better player they have signed. I`ve said it so many times how long are we going to buy players that are not good enough at the top of other leagues? And expect them to somehow look like world beaters in our distinctly average team.
I never used to want us to be big spenders that could possibly bankrupt us but our transfer business for the last few years is just so bad. There must be something seriously wrong with our scouting system. Leicester and dare I say it West Ham have picked up plenty of useful players recently, and now they have money Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be overtaking us soon, if not in league position but in attractiveness to agents and players by paying bigger fees and wages than we do.
Its a sad fact of world football but that is why ManU Emirates Marketing Project Liverpool Chelsea Juventus Bayern Real and Barca and PSG dominate their leagues apart from occasional blips every now and then. Most top european leagues are dominated year in year out by the teams that spend the most money and are in the champions league consistently.
Also that brings in revenue from the top competitions and from sponsors too. How much money will winning the club world championship bring to Chelski?
The few years we had top 4 and "challenging" for the title seem like a lifetime away now.
Trouble is if Conte and Paratici leave, which would not surprise me one bit where do go then?

I know its only a couple of games but I have seen nothing from Bentancur and Kulusevski that makes me think they are yet more players from another top European team that are distinctly average. Typical Spurs last couple of hours on the last day of the transfer window and we sign 2 players Juve want to get off their books to accommodate a better player they have signed. I`ve said it so many times how long are we going to buy players that are not good enough at the top of other leagues? And expect them to somehow look like world beaters in our distinctly average team.
I never used to want us to be big spenders that could possibly bankrupt us but our transfer business for the last few years is just so bad. There must be something seriously wrong with our scouting system. Leicester and dare I say it West Ham have picked up plenty of useful players recently, and now they have money Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be overtaking us soon, if not in league position but in attractiveness to agents and players by paying bigger fees and wages than we do.
Its a sad fact of world football but that is why ManU Emirates Marketing Project Liverpool Chelsea Juventus Bayern Real and Barca and PSG dominate their leagues apart from occasional blips every now and then. Most top european leagues are dominated year in year out by the teams that spend the most money and are in the champions league consistently.
Also that brings in revenue from the top competitions and from sponsors too. How much money will winning the club world championship bring to Chelski?
The few years we had top 4 and "challenging" for the title seem like a lifetime away now.
Trouble is if Conte and Paratici leave, which would not surprise me one bit where do go then?

Bentancur is a player. You can see it already. Willing to take the ball and responsibility. Not sure about the other lad. As much because it’s too soon as it is about whether we needed a player like him.

Bentancur was comfortably our best player today and has looked good in his sub apperances too

Back