• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad Assessment - Spring 2022

We're looking for someone to play alongside Dier and Romero though. We need a quick, cultured player next to those two to get a balance. Botman is slow.
He is but he reads the game
Hence why I also added badisheille who I’ve only seen highest of, but looks rapid

If conte couldn’t rely on Dele, Gio and Tang then getting rid for now makes sense.

it numbs the brain in a sense because we invested huge funds in in two of those and it hasn’t worked, that represents a big failure in recruiting on our part, mistakes we can Ill afford to make compared to financially doped rivals.

I will see what the new boys have to offer but I do feel again a trifle deflated we were pipped regarding Diaz.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Perhaps removing bad eggs will be more beneficial than the players signed.

If conte couldn’t rely on Dele, Gio and Tang then getting rid for now makes sense.

it numbs the brain in a sense because we invested huge funds in in two of those and it hasn’t worked, that represents a big failure in recruiting on our part, mistakes we can Ill afford to make compared to financially doped rivals.

I will see what the new boys have to offer but I do feel again a trifle deflated we were pipped regarding Diaz.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Perhaps removing bad eggs will be more beneficial than the players signed.
Interesting that no one has seen that pool signing Diaz means less games for mane or another player which can easily null their effectiveness

I dunno if Conte will be happy? I wouldn’t say I feel happy, more like stroppy, I couldn’t get my favourite sweets from the shop as richer, fatter kids got their mitts on them first, I bought some shiny new toys a few years ago which I’ve had to flog at a car boot as it turns out they were poo poo when I thought they were the bee’s knee’s.

and one of my best mates who I had some fantastic times with and loved, albeit he’s been a bit of a brick the last few years has gone and moved to Merseyside.

Reactions: DTA
Very rational changes and meets what Conte wants so thats good.

Both new players can carry the ball through the midfield so really looking forward to see how the wings get more space.

Not sure if it's good enough to get us into CL next season and hope Conte extends his stay if we don't to complete the overhaul.

Still so much to sort out...

I still think the clamour for a RWB is not that much of a problem. Royal is still in his first season at PL level and Doherty showed when you play him in his natural position then can can do a job.

I feel what we are needing in Summer is a LCB, a Quality midfielder and a striker.

Agree and I think we will be surprised to see better players in the centre make it easier for wing backs.

Thinking ahead there's a lot of older players that need replacing soon, hope Conte has had the time to work with the youth coaches for internal succession.

Really not lost a lot of minutes played or impact from the players leaving.

Two players in that should be better fits under Conte, should hopefully have a reasonable impact even this season.

Plenty that needs work, but January is always difficult.

Pretty sure he means Pau Torres from Villarreal.
Not sure that he’d be keen to join us if he has Lo Celso bleating in his ear till the end of the season. I can’t see him giving Spurs a good press unfortunately as Torres is good and might fit.

I think we'll be lining up like this by the time the new lads are intergrated

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty
Hojberg Bentancur Regullion
Kulusevski
Kane Son
With he players in bold being the ones most likely to be upgraded on in the summer - dropping to squad/back up roles

Last edited:
I think we'll be lining up like this by the time the new lads are intergrared

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty
Kulusevski
Kane Son
With he players in bold being the ones most likely to be upgraded on in the summer - dropping to squad/back up roles
Looks good to me.

As for the window think anyone disappointed needs a reality check. January isn’t the time to do your proper business, and there’s only one or two players that have been signed I’d be disappointed we didn’t get - one of which we tried to sign.

You only have to look at rivals Arsenal and West Ham to see how difficult it is, both wanted to sign players and got nothing. For us to get rid of players not wanted by Conte and acquire two players who better fit Contes system is as good as we could hope for in January. Yes it’s not been the perfect window, but certainly a good starting point and good enough for January. The real business will be done in the summer…

Overall I think we have a trimmer more focussed squad. The mentally weak (from Contes PoV) have gone. Mentally we are stronger.

From a functional pov we are stronger.

Some might say we lack creativity. That is not Contes plan, creativity will come from out wide and the forwards.

The right side is still an unknown with regards to how it (and whom) will contribute (work for Conte).

Davies cover is a worry.

I'm not too worried about Kane, barring a long term injury. We can cope.

To split the Midfielders and Forwards into groups, we have
Skipp Winks PEH Bentancur for midfield
Sonny Moura Kane Bergwijn for forwards
Kulu is the flexible one being able to play 7, 8,9,10,11

Depending on the number of injuries in each group we can change between 343 and 352

We just have the 18 games to focus on before we can shuffle again. We got ourselves in the box seat with what we had. We are the only top 4 rival that has improved our situation in this window. You'd have to imagine there is still improvements from Contes coaching to come as well. With a bit of injury luck and a fair wind I see no reason we can't succeed.

Overall I think we have a trimmer more focussed squad. The mentally weak (from Contes PoV) have gone. Mentally we are stronger.

From a functional pov we are stronger.

Some might say we lack creativity. That is not Contes plan, creativity will come from out wide and the forwards.

The right side is still an unknown with regards to how it (and whom) will contribute (work for Conte).

Davies cover is a worry.

I'm not too worried about Kane, barring a long term injury. We can cope.

To split the Midfielders and Forwards into groups, we have
Skipp Winks PEH Bentancur for midfield
Sonny Moura Kane Bergwijn for forwards
Kulu is the flexible one being able to play 7, 8,9,10,11

Depending on the number of injuries in each group we can change between 343 and 352

We just have the 18 games to focus on before we can shuffle again. We got ourselves in the box seat with what we had. We are the only top 4 rival that has improved our situation in this window. You'd have to imagine there is still improvements from Contes coaching to come as well. With a bit of injury luck and a fair wind I see no reason we can't succeed.
Uh… 19 games minimum unless we’re not turning up for the FA Cup

I think we'll be lining up like this by the time the new lads are intergrared

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty
Kulusevski
Kane Son

I think that is more or less our best side. I'd probably stick with Moura and ease Kulu in. I'd also love to give Sessegnon a consistent run of games, but as we are today, Regullion is the better more settled player - just. Sess will need to prove himself from the bench or be ready to cover. Longer-term, Royal could be an awsome CB in a three, able to stride out into midfield.

Back