• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad Assessment - Spring 2022

I think we'll be lining up like this by the time the new lads are intergrared

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty
Hojberg Bentancur Regullion
Kulusevski
Kane Son
With he players in bold being the ones most likely to be upgraded on in the summer - dropping to squad/back up roles

My guess is this

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Royal Hojberg Bentancur Regullion
Kulusevski Son
Kane

I think that is more or less our best side. I'd probably stick with Moura and ease Kulu in. I'd also love to give Sessegnon a consistent run of games, but as we are today, Regullion is the better more settled player - just. Sess will need to prove himself from the bench or be ready to cover. Longer-term, Royal could be an awsome CB in a three, able to stride out into midfield.
I think Sess will get plenty of game time, think he has a lot more potential for than Reguillon, especially as a WB.

Sessengon is a good finisher. But he has never played as a wing back before I believe? so he needs time. I like both of them though so lets see how they both do.

I think Sess will get plenty of game time, think he has a lot more potential for than Reguillon, especially as a WB.

But he needs to prove it. The ingredients are there, he’s just lacking game time and fluency/confidence.

Sessengon is a good finisher. But he has never played as a wing back before I believe? so he needs time. I like both of them though so lets see how they both do.

He played LB when on loan in Germany and further forward for Fulham, so should be well suited to LWB

I think we'll be lining up like this by the time the new lads are intergrared

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty
Hojberg Bentancur Regullion
Kulusevski
Kane Son
With he players in bold being the ones most likely to be upgraded on in the summer - dropping to squad/back up roles

That would be a shame as I think is a better player than PEH.

Secondly, on what basis do you assume the Kulu walks straight into our starting line up? Should he not at least prove himself first?

I hope we play 2 up front, I think we look more dangerous when we do

I think that there is very little difference between @billyiddo's formation and mine. You would expect that front three to be pretty fluid and to take up different positions during different passages of play.

That would be a shame as I think is a better player than PEH.

Secondly, on what basis do you assume the Kulu walks straight into our starting line up? Should he not at least prove himself first?

I dont, i expect them both to become first choice players "once intergrated" so once they've proven themselves - it's not like Kulu has much competition in attack tbf

Last edited:
I am still mightily concerned about our right flank, I think it is our weak link. Hopefully with Romero back on the right side of the back 3 he will be ample support
Doherty playing his under lapping style with a few more players in the team who can pass will be a good option… kulu and Romero are both good at that, unlike Sanchez and Moura by comparison (who have other strengths)
It’s exactly how wolves used to use him

What we have got now is mostly hard working players, that hopefully Conte will work into an effective unit. We're still awfully short on creativity in central midfield. Hopefully we can add to that in the summer, along with another CB (another raid to Juventus? De Ligt?) and a RWB and a striker. Add real quality in those areas, and we should be pretty strong!

Also if Nuno had played three at the back, the only system that worked for him in the UK then we might not have bought Royale and might have gone harder for Dumfries and be in a better situation for Conte.

With our players, I always found it inexplicable why Nuno didn't play three at the back and wingbacks. It had been his successful MO at Wolves and I never understood why he ditched it. Madness.

It's a damn sight inconsiderate and inconvenient what Paratici and Conte have done.

Just when the schithole media - and The Athletic, but not you Ally - had us lined up for a proper roasting over our transfer window and the impending departure of a 'FURIOUS!' Conte, they go and do a nice job of clearing deadwood and bringing in players everyone knows P & C are completely familiar with and prepared to adapt to the style of play Conte wants. All the Kane krap has worn out, Son's re-signed a long contract, Lloris is sorted, now this smart business. What's left to fabricate?

I like the loaning of Ndontbelieve back to Lyon. Probably the best chance to see him restore his game and earn us a decent transfer fee. Dele to Everton is fine, too. With Lampard's midfield experience, he'll be well aware of what Dele can do and, more importantly, what he needs to do. Good prospect of earning Spurs a healthy return on this transfer.

Gil and LoCelso are probably in the best possible environments to get their games tuned up and bring back money and an improved young player.

Not a spectacular window but a very respectable one. And for a January window in the midst of Covid complications, hard to imagine one much better. All of which leaves the club in decent shape for a top-four finish and, come the summer, an even better transfer situation and the improved prospect of a contented Conte signing an extension.

No complaints from me but I don't work for the schithole media.

What we have got now is mostly hard working players, that hopefully Conte will work into an effective unit. We're still awfully short on creativity in central midfield. Hopefully we can add to that in the summer, along with another CB (another raid to Juventus? De Ligt?) and a RWB and a striker. Add real quality in those areas, and we should be pretty strong!
If we get De Ligt than we should go for De Beek.
Need to replace Davies and Goalies too.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

With our players, I always found it inexplicable why Nuno didn't play three at the back and wingbacks. It had been his successful MO at Wolves and I never understood why he ditched it. Madness.
Or play Doherty whom he knew.
His appointment is puzzling. Looks like he never wanted the job. Kept washing over issues after a great start.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back