• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Covid outbreak at Spurs

Off the top of my head Fulham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa all had matches postponed for seemingly less cases.

Tbh surprised the PL or FA haven’t asked us to stop training…

I can't see Rennes being too enthusiastic about travelling to a club with such a wide outbreak of covid so close to the matchday. It has to put their players at risk as well.
Yep I agree. Especially as they're flying high in 2nd place in their league, the last thing they want is to lose players through infection/isolation. We should be on the phone to them to get them to pressure UEFA from their end

Next outbreak and ckosure to coincide with afcon, that way the clubs don't lose players going Away on international duty.

Not gloating or anything, but I said before the weekend, that there would be serious consequences if the UK government would continue to ignore the new wave of Covid infections, and everyone else played it down and said I overreacted....

Not gloating or anything, but I said before the weekend, that there would be serious consequences if the UK government would continue to ignore the new wave of Covid infections, and everyone else played it down and said I overreacted....

New wave? This wave has been going since july.

If you are talking about omicron. It seems mild, no rise in the amount of people in hospital in south africa. Might change but seems more like a cold than covid.

If you are talking about omicron. It seems mild, no rise in the amount of people in hospital in south africa. Might change but seems more like a cold than covid.
Not talking about South Africa. I'm talking about the rest of Europe, where hospital admissions sky high, and almost every country has reinstated massive restrictions again, almost on lock down level.
This has seemingly been virtually ignored in the UK, as your comment confirms. The health services in many European countries are really struggling.

Match receipts, plus an opportunity for some youth players? Why would we forfeit?

Difficult spot. New cases arising so not under control. Keep training and play the game and you risk more players contracting it.

Becoming near irresponsible to even keep training knowing that the likelihood of more infections is this high.

Very difficult situation for the club if UEFA and the FA aren't responsive, but would think a forfeit at least should be considered.

Not talking about South Africa. I'm talking about the rest of Europe, where hospital admissions sky high, and almost every country has reinstated massive restrictions again, almost on lock down level.
This has seemingly been virtually ignored in the UK, as your comment confirms. The health services in many European countries are really struggling.

Our hospitalisations have been flat since july. We opened up earlier for the very reason to not have a wave in winter.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare#card-patients_in_hospital

That’s not right.

The SA hospitalizations are more than doubling week on week.

Back