• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Vitesse***

Just got in. What agame! Arguable got a bit too comfortable early on. Thought Royal played really well. Although we scored 3 not sure the front 3 system worked. I thought when it was announced that it might have been played as a two and moura in behind as a 10.
Skipp/hojberg did ok but not enough creativity there. Actually thought winks did well when he came on.

Only saw the second half. Unimpressed with Skipp & PEH for the second game in a row. Both lack quality, they give us no control in the middle. Winks looked a class above them and that’s saying something.
Romero - not sure about this guy but he’s surrounded by chaos so that can’t help.
Overall probably the best possible result, a win but still a stark demonstration to Conte of how far off we are.

Here's another corner. This time Romero is off.

Corner floats across goal and everyone is moving to the action but Dier is clearly ball watching and one of the highest on the pitch. https://uploads.Fapatalk-cdn.com/20...20211104/1fbeceb72cf00663833557de3e3c1f47.jpg

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Not sure what point you're making here.
Dier was presumably tasked with masking some threatening guy, maybe the guy that scored the first goal, and the ball sails over everyone.
I can't work out where Davies sprouts from in these 2 images, like he appeared from thin air!

Only saw the second half. Unimpressed with Skipp & PEH for the second game in a row. Both lack quality, they give us no control in the middle. Winks looked a class above them and that’s saying something.
Romero - not sure about this guy but he’s surrounded by chaos so that can’t help.
Overall probably the best possible result, a win but still a stark demonstration to Conte of how far off we are.
This is a game where you need to watch both halves to assess the players fully. Not saying it makes it easier, but the first half was so high energy from both sides, any sub would have made a difference.

Vitesse being younger and hungrier pushed us all the way. Credit to them they never gave up, always positive football.

Not sure what point you're making here.
Dier was presumably tasked with masking some threatening guy, maybe the guy that scored the first goal, and the ball sails over everyone.
I can't work out where Davies sprouts from in these 2 images, like he appeared from thin air!
Davies is the furthest guy on the right, man marking someone tight. As soon as the ball floats over he moves around and backs into the danger zone.

All this time Dier is standing watching not moving. And we all know how quick Davies is. Dier isn't a natural CB is the point.

I thought Kane was very good today. His best game for us this season. Put his body on the line a lot and tried to create chances directly or open up space by his movement.

Emerson was royal. Conte has found his best position and role in one game.

Moura, Skipp, Hojberg, Winks, Lo Celso and Tanguy....what a mess. A bionic Eriksen would be better than any of them. Interestingly, no Dele... Maybe we will see more in the EPL.

The triple subs on 70 min was spot on given the situation. I'm hopeful we can win this tournament with Conte.

Seems like youtube are putting up highlights of games in super quick time nowadays, somebody (not me.... looks sideways at SteveAWOL... should post them in the match thread, dontcha think?)

Cheers, I left the house when we were 3-0 up to go cinema with some mates I’d not seen since first lockdown and see that I missed an entertaining 60 minutes of Spursiness!

Just about to watch recording of match on TiVo.

it was playing very early morning here, and my son told me we were 3-0 up because as i looked at the screen before going back to sleep, there was a vitesse goal and it was 3-2

Interesting to see how Conte will make the chop and changes to the side, we need it desperately!

Dier will have to work very hard to earn further playing time under Conte. At fault for both goals. Gets out-thought and out-fought for the first, nutmegged on the second. For being such a big guy, he plays small.

Romero's second yellow was a complete screw-up by him. He had three other defenders behind him. No need to panic and tackle the Vitesse guy. Just turn and run with him to minimize his time and space on the ball. We're seeing a guy still not fully adjusted to his backline team mates and making rash decisions. He's a good player but Conte will need to focus on making him play smarter.

Hojbjerg was curiously inept moving the ball forward. We see him stroking passes with precision for Denmark yet he misses on line and length far too often when playing with Spurs. He's got hospital pass written all over him and needs to be sorted before he gets one of our attacking players injured.

I was pretty happy with Kane, Reguilon, Emerson and Son. And Lloris, who had to be sharp on some well-directed shots.

Watching the highlights, it looked to me like Romero was fouled, but his reaction to the foul looks like a foul, and that gets him a second yellow, so I'm not sure he should have been sent off.

I'm sure he was down on the pitch and the ref told him to move to the sideline. I thought it was odd doing that with a head injury at the time.

It looked like He just ran off, then the staff told him to go down

the ref then told him to move the 2 inches off the pitch

Finishing 3-2 might be a good thing. Had we steamrolled them 6-0 we may have thought less needed fixing.

If he didnt know the true scale of the task...he will now

Yup! He said as much after the game as well, that the team starting doubting themselves and that this was going to be one of the main areas to work on improving - saying he wanted a team to kill off opponents when in a position to do so.

I think the first half hour showed us a lot of good signs on how he wants us to play. Lots of pressing in certain areas, quick direct football, overlaps and movement in certain directions. It was clear as day that these were instructions from the coach. And we'll only improve in those areas of course. I'm very optimistic after that start.

Dier will have to work very hard to earn further playing time under Conte. At fault for both goals. Gets out-thought and out-fought for the first, nutmegged on the second. For being such a big guy, he plays small.

Romero's second yellow was a complete screw-up by him. He had three other defenders behind him. No need to panic and tackle the Vitesse guy. Just turn and run with him to minimize his time and space on the ball. We're seeing a guy still not fully adjusted to his backline team mates and making rash decisions. He's a good player but Conte will need to focus on making him play smarter.

Hojbjerg was curiously inept moving the ball forward. We see him stroking passes with precision for Denmark yet he misses on line and length far too often when playing with Spurs. He's got hospital pass written all over him and needs to be sorted before he gets one of our attacking players injured.

I was pretty happy with Kane, Reguilon, Emerson and Son. And Lloris, who had to be sharp on some well-directed shots.

Is a shot going between your legs when you're in a blocking position a "nutmeg"?

Watching the highlights, it looked to me like Romero was fouled, but his reaction to the foul looks like a foul, and that gets him a second yellow, so I'm not sure he should have been sent off.
No, Romero tried to dangle a leg and nick the ball away but the Vitesse guy was too strong, so Romero pulled him down.

Back