• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Vitesse***

At one point the camera panned to Levy and you could almost hear him thinking how much it’s going to cost him the get Conte the players he needs

Jezza Christensen and all his carpenter friends, that was a psycho match.

Loads of positives, quite a few known issues, and a few new ones.

First positive: Everyone seems fired up, ready to go.
Second, the deck has been reshuffled, and everyone has a fresh chance to restart their season.

Now, if our issues were only skin deep, so small that they could be fixed by a single training session and some pep-talk it would be bliss.
It will take time to get all of them sorted out, but this should be an encouraging start. The sexy thing to do in this match would have been to fold up, not only on 3-1/3-2, but on the red card, and then on not being able to get the substitutions done due to pressure.
We did not fold, even if we rode our safety margin by quite a distance for a while.
If Conte can plaster over _that_ crack in the Spurs DNA in one session, I'm rather intrigued about what he can do in a full week of training...

The left side needs working on. Reggie looked to be a bit too hot for a while, some of the passes he sent to Davies were nasty and could have caused real problems.
PEH/Skipp-combo is limited. Both are great workers, but neither seems to set the world on fire with creativity. Moura is high energy, high risk, but also high gain if utilised. It will be exiting to see what kind of combination we'll end up with on both sides, Reggie/Son on the left and Emerson/Moura on the right can be lethal if we manage to balance it properly, but I suspect we're in for a few weeks with nailbitings, hairpulling and bloodcurdling screams at the tv/pitch for us supporters before Conte has it all nailed down. :)

But hey, we're Spurs. We're used to that! :D

Very good interview by Conte.

Said a lot about the work which the players need to do tactically and physically and the scope for improvement

Mad game.

There were a number of refreshing things though. Conte's interview the main one. Confidence, hard work, control, etc. I feel sorry for him, because he can't know where to start. Conte has to both find his first team and develop them with games think and fast.

Confidence - when we fudged up and gave away easy goals, we lost our confidence. We couldn't pass the ball, we didn't believe in ourselves. The opposition grew and we retracted. Before that our movement, our endeavor was excellent. We passed the ball well, we showed for the ball well. But once we'd lost those two goals, the insecurities flooded back and we weren't able to control the game.

We have lots of decent players, but not that many stand out ones. Which makes it hard to choose a set side. I hope Conte doesn't fall into the trap of constantly trying out new players that the last 3 managers have. He needs to discern his side rapidly, stick with them, and shift some of the suplus (ideally turning 3-4 average decent players into 1-2 quality ones).

Mad game.

There were a number of refreshing things though. Conte's interview the main one. Confidence, hard work, control, etc. I feel sorry for him, because he can't know where to start. Conte has to both find his first team and develop them with games think and fast.

Confidence - when we fudged up and gave away easy goals, we lost our confidence. We couldn't pass the ball, we didn't believe in ourselves. The opposition grew and we retracted. Before that our movement, our endeavor was excellent. We passed the ball well, we showed for the ball well. But once we'd lost those two goals, the insecurities flooded back and we weren't able to control the game.

We have lots of decent players, but not that many stand out. Which makes it hard to choose a set side. I hope Conte doesn't fall into the trap of trying out new players that the last 3 managers have. He needs to discern his side rapidly, stick with them, and shift some of the suplus (ideally turning 3-4 average decent players into 1-2 quality ones).

He knows where to start. He's taken over teams in relegation. Juve finished 7th the 2 seasons before he took over and won the league. Chelsea were 10th. As he said, he's not afraid.

Our midfield still needs a complete overhaul

Just keeps losing it and poor passing.

thought we defender well with 10

crazy match, don’t think there was one really bad tackle apart from the kick on Sanchez and somehow three reds

Last edited:
Conte: "It was a crazy game. Usually I don't like these type of games - crazy games mean anything can happen. But at the same time we [deserved to win] and we won.

After the red card we were in trouble, but to win [while] suffering is good for this team and these players.

For sure we have to improve - and I think also this is a positive thing."

Was an entertaining game to go too I have to say
Vitesse raised their game as it’s the biggest game they have had in years - fair play
Great to see a Hugo play as a sweeper keeper again
The intensity for the 30 mins was great to see
There are some really stupid players on our team but they will learn or leave

Dier should have been stronger for their first goal. He's central CB in the back three, he needs to command that space not get drawn out or distracted.

Moura... Now that was utterly stupid. People going for Reggie for last week's mistake that resulted in a corner for the goal should be doubly furious at Moura for his direct contribution to thee goal.

We seriously lack a creative midfielder and Moura is not it.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I was very pleased with the first half hour, the players were playing at full pelt.
Like me on the Xbox, hold down accelerate for the full lap and just feckin go for it, smashing off the walls and killing anyone in my path.

Really hard to assess once Romero went off. Very dumb from him.
If Dier or Sanchez had done that, people would be furious.

Pleased that Conte immediately witnessed what sexy is.
It is probably wafting down from the stands, judging by the comments in this thread.

I think Vitesse and Rennes are actually good teams with some very capable players.
We will probably see some of these players moving to "big clubs" in the future.
Like Camavinga and Raphinha and Sarr and Ndombele and... well loads of people, they all start somewhere like this.

By the way, I should apologise.
My wife walked past and I said we were playing well, 3-0 up, hit the post, tried to nutmeg the keeper, all fantastic... 3 seconds later they scored etc.

By the way, I should apologise.
My wife walked past and I said we were playing well, 3-0 up, hit the post, tried to nutmeg the keeper, all fantastic... 3 seconds later they scored etc.

I've got to do likewise. I was calling my son downstairs every time we scored like a f**king over-excitable idiot. After 15 minutes of not hearing from me, he came down to see the score was 3-2. "Why didn't you call me down for their goals, you only call me for the Spurs ones".

Wait till he finds out that Ryan Mason didn't really lead us to the Premiership last season after Jose benevolently stepped aside while we were top of the table to let a young coach win the league.

He knows where to start. He's taken over teams in relegation. Juve finished 7th the 2 seasons before he took over and won the league. Chelsea were 10th. As he said, he's not afraid.

I’m not sure that Serie A when he was at Juve, or the PL in 2017/18, featured squads like the current City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea ones.

This will be his toughest job.

I’m not sure that Serie A when he was at Juve, or the PL in 2017/18, featured squads like the current City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea ones.

This will be his toughest job.

I'm not expecting him to win the league. Just turning the team around and make improvements. Next season we can see where we are and where we want to be.

Seems like youtube are putting up highlights of games in super quick time nowadays, somebody (not me.... looks sideways at SteveAWOL... should post them in the match thread, dontcha think?)

Interestingly, if you pause the video above on 4:48 you can see that Romero isn't facing the corner at all, he just wrestles his player to the floor and Dier has to hurdle that player, and that is why Dier makes such a weak attempt to get there before his man, for their goal.

Back