• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

I'm following this one with interest.

He had a strong game against us last Sunday. We were more fortunate than good to not have one of his runs result in a goal.

How can he best benefit Spurs? By coming on after an hour or so, when defenders and wide midfielders have begun to tire and bringing that pace and power to our attack. We have enough smart, positionally astute and clinical forwards to take advantage of the chances he can create with those marauding runs. Him and Reguilon down the left side will be a handful for any team.

There's also a decent chance he'll draw fouls or penaltys blowing by fatigued opponents who mis-time challenges. Again, we have someone who can deliver from dead ball situations.

He'll also put pressure on current midfielders to up their own games in order to keep him from becoming a starter. And if he did start, he's going to grind down whomever he's facing at RB-RW making his sub have an easier game.

Used wisely, he can be an effective asset.

What happens at 25? Do people stop learning and developing? Alli is currently learning how to play CM. He's a similar age. He didn't look too good there in pre-season, now he's developing into the role. How is this possible when he's 25? :)

As outlined, Traore can pass and finish. There are plenty of examples of it. You presumably just watched a game where he put in 3 or 4 decent crosses in one game - more than most manage in a game. You can see examples of him scoring goals too. As mentioned already, his development are more things like slowing down at the right moments, learning from more senior players like Kane on how to finish and be composed in front of goal, and taking the next step. At 25 you are still learning. Son was not as svelt as he is now, and has developed over the past 4 years as have plenty of other players.

No player has ever developed attributes at 25 years old that they didn't already posseses at 17. None. Try and name a single player, he doesn't exist. The key time for development are the teen age years, by the time a player hits their 20s they are what they are going to be. The relevance of 25 is of course that is how old Traore is and it's not a young age in football terms. He's done his development, he is the player he is now. All that can be improved on at this point is refinement not additional attributes.

The players you mention all demonstrated those abilities at younger ages, they just became more refined with time. They did not add attributes that did not previously posses.

Where we differ is that having watched Traore play since he was 15 I see no great development in his game. He's always had the ability to beat players for fun but lacked killer instinct in terms of passing or shooting and I don't see how he's going to the one player to baulk the entire history of football development suddenly playing of the same manager he's already played under for 3 years.

He had a very good game against us. Very good. And it led to absolutely fudge all. Again, that was a good game for him.
Also, I can't recall anyone wanting to sign any of the many goalkeepers that had 100 saves against us, Tim Krul springs to mind.

No player has ever developed attributes at 25 years old that they didn't already posseses at 17. None. Try and name a single player, he doesn't exist. The key time for development are the teen age years, by the time a player hits their 20s they are what they are going to be. The relevance of 25 is of course that is how old Traore is and it's not a young age in football terms. He's done his development, he is the player he is now. All that can be improved on at this point is refinement not additional attributes.

The players you mention all demonstrated those abilities at younger ages, they just became more refined with time. They did not add attributes that did not previously posses.

Where we differ is that having watched Traore play since he was 15 I see no great development in his game. He's always had the ability to beat players for fun but lacked killer instinct in terms of passing or shooting and I don't see how he's going to the one player to baulk the entire history of football development suddenly playing of the same manager he's already played under for 3 years.

Respectfully, completely disagree. Kane was not a prolific striker at 20 years old. Far from it. His impressive scoring 'attributes' developed later on. Most CBs don't become imposing until well into their 20s.

Traore already has great ability/attributes, the kind that you can't teach. It is refinement he needs. I find it funny that people who have watched him since so young have proved to be so wrong in their assessments. How do you write players off at 15!? He probably will always be mercurial - a player who can do amazing things, but also frustrate - but he is highly successful already. Had people like you had their way he'd have been cast aside long ago. Yet he was near the top of assist figures in the PL, and I don't think there is a defender in the world who'd relish going 1-1 with him. We can agree he is frustrating and not clinical, that he has sides to his game that need refining, but to suggest he doesn't offer anything and can not improve is churlish.

It is difficult but not impossible if the player is willing. I agree that the younger years are the formative ones but sometimes a mature player can tweak their game with positive results. Sometimes a new technique can be learned that hides a weakness. Dembele is a good example of the former.

In saying that I don't think Traore seems to be one of those players that this applies to, but you never know.

It is difficult but not impossible if the player is willing. I agree that the younger years are the formative ones but sometimes a mature player can tweak their game with positive results. Sometimes a new technique can be learned that hides a weakness. Dembele is a good example of the former.

In saying that I don't think Traore seems to be one of those players that this applies to, but you never know.
Michail Antonio at West Ham is a present example of one who seems to have adapted and improved his game in a later stage of his career than you'd expect.

I think that’s right. Good coaching right environment can help development. I don’t remember Frank Lampard doing much at West Ham. But at Chelsea he looked like a different human being. Drogba too I seem to recall developing fairly late. Experience helps too.

Can’t see us getting him Sheriff Tiraspol are 3 up from the first leg and looking to make the Champions league group stage. Why would he want to drop down to the Conference league.

Back