• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

If your brought traore on to tire out the opposition for the last 10 minutes would be good as long as he doesn't touch the ball .... could you imagine him one on one with the keeper in the 90th minute for the win ... zokora & sissoko throw back.

Surely for the money there are better more effective players out there.

There are always "better" players out there, the question is

- Do they want to come and can the deal be done in time
- (most importantly), do we have a plan for them? do they fit the system, balance the team more?
- Does the manager want them? (tied in to point above)

We have bought good players before that don't fit the system, it's never a smart move.

I'm not a Traore fan, but as I've said, if we have a plan for him, Nuno wants him and we can make it work financially ..

If your brought traore on to tire out the opposition for the last 10 minutes would be good as long as he doesn't touch the ball .... could you imagine him one on one with the keeper in the 90th minute for the win ... zokora & sissoko throw back.

Surely for the money there are better more effective players out there.
If I was coaching Traore I'd tell him that every single time he finds himself one on one with the keeper I don't want him shooting but I instead want him to be taking it around the keeper. He is the best dribbler I have seen and I would expect him to have a 90%+ rate of either getting around the keeper or getting a penalty.

I still think we will get Martinez
And play a front 4 ish with traore and son either side of him and Kane

Yep, lot of talk re Nuno wanting 2 up front

If we had a second striker I could definitely see a switch away from 4-3-3 -> something more like 4-4-2

wide players being -> Bergwijn/Gil and Traore/Lucas
strikers beingsome mix of -> Kane, Son, New CF, Scarlett, maybe Dele back in his old role?

If I was coaching Traore I'd tell him that every single time he finds himself one on one with the keeper I don't want him shooting but I instead want him to be taking it around the keeper. He is the best dribbler I have seen and I would expect him to have a 90%+ rate of either getting around the keeper or getting a penalty.

Yep, let him walk it into the net

If we had a second striker I could definitely see a switch away from 4-3-3 -> something more like 4-4-2

strikers beingsome mix of -> Kane, Son, New CF, Scarlett, maybe Dele back in his old role?
It’s me in FM mode
But I do think it’s odd he hasn’t signed that new contract yet at inter. He is also lowly paid
And we wanted to buy him. All of our big deals so far have been on the never never do we can in theory finance it (I assume)
And inter are buying players who play his position

I still think we will get Martinez
And play a front 4 ish with traore and son either side of him and Kane
I think the club were looking at him expecting Kane to be sold.

I think we'll get Traore on a loan with obligation and then move on Sissoko somehow (probably on loan) and do some sort of similar loan deal for a creative midfielder and that will be it.

Perhaps we'll also get Tomiyasu if we can get Doherty or (more likely) Aurier out and persuade Bologna to accept a deal on the never never.....

Though I notice that nobody has picked up Jerome Boateng on a free transfer yet. He would be the ideal player for us to bring in I think and maybe we can stretch our wage budget to bring him in.

I think we'll get Traore on a loan with obligation and then move on Sissoko somehow (probably on loan) and do some sort of similar loan deal for a creative midfielder and that will be it.

Perhaps we'll also get Tomiyasu if we can get Doherty or (more likely) Aurier out and persuade Bologna to accept a deal on the never never.....

Though I notice that nobody has picked up Jerome Boateng on a free transfer yet. He would be the ideal player for us to bring in I think and maybe we can stretch our wage budget to bring him in.

I said about boateng to my mates
I’m not a fan myself but the guys won everything in the game
I didn’t think a certain Brazilian going to Chelsea would work…. And it did

if we were after Martinez to replace Kane it would have IMO been the wrong move. He isn’t prolific and is quite wasteful. He is a 2nd striker IMO or can play in a 3

I can see us shipping out Aurier and sissoko by hook or by crook. I’m stunned moussa inst a make weight in a deal for Sarr to get him in early

I agree that we will get Traore in on the never never

Sounds about right, big issue is still the moving on players

I think we have RB, CB and CM targets lined up, but they only make sense if we ship out someone from that position on our side.

I said about boateng to my mates
I’m not a fan myself but the guys won everything in the game
I didn’t think a certain Brazilian going to Chelsea would work…. And it did

if we were after Martinez to replace Kane it would have IMO been the wrong move. He isn’t prolific and is quite wasteful. He is a 2nd striker IMO or can play in a 3

I can see us shipping out Aurier and sissoko by hook or by crook. I’m stunned moussa inst a make weight in a deal for Sarr to get him in early

I agree that we will get Traore in on the never never
I think we were expecting to get £150m+ for Kane and would've used that to buy Martinez and Vlahovic . If we were looking to bring in a striker to supplement Kane then we should've been doing early business and taking Patson Dakka for a bargain £22m instead of Leicester.

The problem for Sissoko going to Metz would be wages and Levy has never liked subsidising those. Unfortunately that limits Sissoko's moves to only a few clubs. I don't think it will be difficult to get Aurier out on loan to a club in Italy, I expect that will happen as the window closes and the loan deals start to really flow. I think there would also be lots of PL clubs who would happily have Aurier on loan for a season. Sissoko would also make a good loan for the promoted teams I think.

Sounds about right, big issue is still the moving on players

I think we have RB, CB and CM targets lined up, but they only make sense if we ship out someone from that position on our side.
Subsidising the move is what needs to happen.... That isn't Levy's MO though so I think we'll go down to the wire (about time we had another exciting down to the wire window anyway, the last few have been far too boring!)

I think we were expecting to get £150m+ for Kane and would've used that to buy Martinez and Vlahovic . If we were looking to bring in a striker to supplement Kane then we should've been doing early business and taking Patson Dakka for a bargain £22m instead of Leicester.

The problem for Sissoko going to Metz would be wages and Levy has never liked subsidising those. Unfortunately that limits Sissoko's moves to only a few clubs. I don't think it will be difficult to get Aurier out on loan to a club in Italy, I expect that will happen as the window closes and the loan deals start to really flow. I think there would also be lots of PL clubs who would happily have Aurier on loan for a season. Sissoko would also make a good loan for the promoted teams I think.
That was what I thought
But that would have shown a Change in tactics too
Daka is class IMO
He will replace Vardy for them

There are always "better" players out there, the question is

- Do they want to come and can the deal be done in time
- (most importantly), do we have a plan for them? do they fit the system, balance the team more?
- Does the manager want them? (tied in to point above)

We have bought good players before that don't fit the system, it's never a smart move.

I'm not a Traore fan, but as I've said, if we have a plan for him, Nuno wants him and we can make it work financially ..

All fair points

Only played with one up at Wolves didn't he? I don't think he'll move away from his 4-3-3 and if he does I think it would be for a 4-3-2-1. I think the stories of '2 up front' were just to make potential recruits think that they wouldn't merely be backup for Kane.

Only played with one up at Wolves didn't he? I don't think he'll move away from his 4-3-3 and if he does I think it would be for a 4-3-2-1. I think the stories of '2 up front' were just to make potential recruits think that they wouldn't merely be backup for Kane.
Played with 2 up I believe at Valencia with Rodrigo and Alcacer

Reading through a well-sourced (both Spurs and City writers) report in The Athletic today, the Kane transfer was never going to happen after Levy got pizzed off with City's initial derisory bid. They never truly made a serious offer for him after that. Which may be what has prompted Peep G to announce his impending departure from the club. He wanted to swing hard this season and the City board wanted to box clever and wait for a more affordable Haaland to hit the market.

Back