• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

tickle my balls with a feather, if those who are bitching about us now had been around during the 90s they would have been commiting suicide.

Except most of us were here and lived through the 90s, some older posts even remember when we were relegated dare I say. That doesn’t mean we should just accept things the way they are now. As others have said, we’re all Tottenham fans, not fans of the ENIC appreciate society. They’ve been here 20 years. I don’t think it’s uncalled for to call them out on the things that need improving on whilst also highlighting the good things they’ve done. That’s kind of like saying well we don’t live Somalia or South Sudan so shouldn’t we just accept life the way it is in Britain now and not ever question the government and not strive for them to improve in certain areas.

Except most of us were here and lived through the 90s, some older posts even remember when we were relegated dare I say. That doesn’t mean we should just accept things the way they are now. As others have said, we’re all Tottenham fans, not fans of the ENIC appreciate society. They’ve been here 20 years. I don’t think it’s uncalled for to call them out on the things that need improving on whilst also highlighting the good things they’ve done. That’s kind of like saying well we don’t live Somalia or South Sudan so shouldn’t we just accept life the way it is in Britain now and not ever question the government and not strive for them to improve in certain areas.

What part of my post did you miss? i said those who were not around in the 90s :rolleyes:

We should always want more. We should always look to improve including players and owners. Just don't think there is any need for moaning all the time and slagging them off. They are trying to do the best for the club. Dier might not be the greatest defender in the world and yes we should look for an upgrade. But calling him brick all the time doesn't help and just creates a negative atmosphere. The same with levy.

What part of my post did you miss? i said those who were not around in the 90s :rolleyes:

Fair enough mate :D

Still think my overall point stands. We should ask questions of the ownership when required and not give them a pass because their predecessors were awful. In that sense Sugar and co are the gift that keeps giving for ENIC as the bar was so low it couldn’t get much worse bar relegation or going into administration.

You also have to remember how the media twists things or blatantly makes them up. Look at gattuso today.

Headlines all saying tottenham are a mess. Ok but that wasn't what insinge actually said. What was actually said was

"We’ve texted each other, he told me there was a bit of mess."

“But now I am focused on the Euros, while he’s on holiday so I am not going to ask him such questions.”

People have been twisting things so much to suit their agendas they forget what the truth is.

Last edited:

Still think my overall point stands. We should ask questions of the ownership when required and not give them a pass because their predecessors were awful. In that sense Sugar and co are the gift that keeps giving for ENIC as the bar was so low it couldn’t get much worse bar relegation or going into administration.

There is a difference between asking them questions or giving them a pass, to demanding the board resign and enic out banners. Which is just stupid as neither will happen.

All good, I do support Levy but i am not blind to the fact that he has made mistakes ( everyone of us does). However he still has a lot of credit in the bank for me at this time for where he has brought us from since being here. Said it before but Covid has made a major impact on our ability to bring the money in to achieve what is needed here ( a major overall of the squad) so i will wait and see if given a full season of full houses and what he then does. IF this time next season we have not bought the updates the team badly needs i may review my opinion on Levy.

Time will tell.

You also have to remember how the media twists things or blatantly makes them up. Look at gattuso today.

Headlines all saying tottenham are a mess. Ok but that wasn't what insinge actually said. What was actually was

“But now I am focused on the Euros, while he’s on holiday so I am not going to ask him such questions.”

People have been twisting things so much to suit their agendas they forget what the truth is.

That and believing all the rubbish that the press are putting out to sell papers, and also the wanabees on T w AT er who are at best speculating and at worse trumping.

We should always want more. We should always look to improve including players and owners. Just don't think there is any need for moaning all the time and slagging them off. They are trying to do the best for the club. Dier might not be the greatest defender in the world and yes we should look for an upgrade. But calling him brick all the time doesn't help and just creates a negative atmosphere. The same with levy.
No, no, that's how you support a club.

Headlines all saying tottenham are a mess. Ok but that wasn't what insinge actually said. What was actually said was

I'm the first to quote Malcolm X when it comes to the media. But this isn't the Daily Mail with a young black footballer.

You can disregard several of the names but you cannot claim it's all bogus. We've absolutely made ourselves a memeworthy laughing stock on our managerial search. It's a parody now. Sure, some names probably weren't close to the mix. But it's beyond a shadow of a doubt Conte, Fonseca, and Poch were contacted it seems. We sacked our manager 66 days ago. Why can't people accept it's a fudging brick show?

I'm the first to quote Malcolm X when it comes to the media. But this isn't the Daily Mail with a young black footballer.

You can disregard several of the names but you cannot claim it's all bogus. We've absolutely made ourselves a memeworthy laughing stock on our managerial search. It's a parody now. Sure, some names probably weren't close to the mix. But it's beyond a shadow of a doubt Conte, Fonseca, and Poch were contacted it seems. We sacked our manager 66 days ago. Why can't people accept it's a fudging brick show?

Yes we all wanted the coach position to be sorted earlier. Yes it being all over the media is a bad look for the club. If it goes into july without anyone in then it's a problem. Other than that?

Why shouldn't we talk to a number of coaches before we decide who is the right fit for us? Who is interested or who is available?

A lot of Spurs fans these days seem to be very fragile mentally wrt how we look from the outside - who gives a tpss about memes ffs
Noone cares that much about memes. What's important is the massive squad restructuring thst needs to take place this summer and the availability of the right people, on particular a club manager to oversea it.

By the time we have a .replacement manager its likely there will be no time to manage an effective squad restructuring, which will likely be compounded when we let kane go close to the start of the season, or after the start, with little to no time to find a replacement. Like we did with Berbatov and keane.

Given the absolute imperative that we act quickly following the sacking of Mourinho the complete and utter failure to do so simply isn't good enough.

Noone cares that much about memes. What's important is the massive squad restructuring thst needs to take place this summer and the availability of the right people, on particular a club manager to oversea it.

By the time we have a .replacement manager its likely there will be no time to manage an effective squad restructuring, which will likely be compounded when we let kane go close to the start of the season, or after the start, with little to no time to find a replacement. Like we did with Berbatov and keane.

Given the absolute imperative that we act quickly following the sacking of Mourinho the complete and utter failure to do so simply isn't good enough.

We are not getting a manager. We will be getting a coach.
Paratici is going to be overseeing the restructuring, the ins and outs.

That depends on who we get
- If we take 70 odd days for a sub par manager (and that is super subjective) = yes, not good enough
- If we get the "right" guy = hard to argue

Quoting players who left 8+ years ago is a bit of a stretch

Regardless of who comes in, I think you will be deeply disappointed if you think a "massive squad restructuring" is on the table this summer (with what money?)
- I expect quite a few outs (mostly 2nd choice players)
- Two or three first team changes at most.

That depends on who we get
- If we take 70 odd days for a sub par manager (and that is super subjective) = yes, not good enough
- If we get the "right" guy = hard to argue

Quoting players who left 8+ years ago is a bit of a stretch

Regardless of who comes in, I think you will be deeply disappointed if you think a "massive squad restructuring" is on the table this summer (with what money?)
- I expect quite a few outs (mostly 2nd choice players)
- Two or three first team changes at most.

Whether it’s a good appointment will largely depend on results. What I would say is whoever we get is coming in with little to no preparation time to work with the players and there’s still the matter of incomings and outgoings which we need to sort out ASAP but we can’t as we don’t have a manager lol. So it’s hardly an ideal situation for our next manager.

On the flip side, the bar is low and expectations must be relatively lower than they have been probably since Poch first got the job in 2014.

Whether it’s a good appointment will largely depend on results. What I would say is whoever we get is coming in with little to no preparation time to work with the players and there’s still the matter of incomings and outgoings which we need to sort out ASAP but we can’t as we don’t have a manager lol. So it’s hardly an ideal situation for our next manager.

On the flip side, the bar is low and expectations must be relatively lower than they have been probably since Poch first got the job in 2014.

Again. We are not getting a manager. We are getting a coach. Paratici is in charge of transfers.

Again. We are not getting a manager. We are getting a coach. Paratici is in charge of transfers.

Yes but the manager/coach still has to have time to work with the players and quickly decide which ones are surplus to requirements. As I said, it is hardly ideal preparation for such an important, transitional season.

Yes but the manager/coach still has to have time to work with the players and quickly decide which ones are surplus to requirements. As I said, it is hardly ideal preparation for such an important, transitional season.

No, paratici will have decided which ones are surplus to requirements.

Preseason starts on july 5th. How long will the coach have to work with the players to decide which he wants to work with and which he doesn't? For the whole of preseason? Just one preseason game? Then we start looking at transfers? Or start now?

Back