• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It will take serious intent and ambition from Levy to make Kane stay. That must include a top quality manager and a serious overhaul of the squad. Even then next season will be make or break for us and Kane.

Its very honest certainly!!

Any chance that Levy might back the new manager with say 6-7 new signings this summer to kick the club on and Kane stays?
For me there is not a single chance of this hapenning.

My thoughts:
Spurs are one of European leaders in terms of revenue's drop in 2020 + we still have huge stadium debt.
Levy's idea was to hire Mourinho, provide him with some medium-quality transfers in order to get at least a trophy and a CL finish.
He failed with it, also failed with Super League and club got some additional, not planned payments.
We still didn't sell stadium naming rights. COVID couldn't come at a worse time for us...

Kane's rethoric could have been worse but considering comments above Kane fully understands his current value and Levy's necessity to raise funds because team needs an overhaul in a couple of areas (especially defence).
As result, either we see several solid transfers and a new manager coming while selling Kane (I bet it will be a transfer to City for 120-150mil £ or 80-100mil£ + Jesus) or we keep unhappy Kane (just like we did to Modric) without any strong prospects in the future season. Moreover, Kane's value will drop significantly because of +1 age, -1 length of his current contract, no strong background for us to perfom much better in comparison with 20/21 season.

Levy has to act and at first place he will think about developing situation as usual: like a businessman, a top-manager, not like a sport enthusiast.
We missed our golden chances and everybody, from top to bottom, are to be blamed for it. Including Kane, who did nothing in some important moments. But overall he fully deserves a step forward and can't be blamed for his comments above.

I wish him all the best and will respect either of his decisions (excluding transfer to any of London teams ofc). Just like a felt when Modric, Bale were on the verge of leaving.

Last edited:
The conversation should have been with the club before it was with sky.
Very disappointed, I expected better from Harry.

He owes us nothing. We pay him to do a job, which he does to the highest standards in the league. We have the best striker in the league, have we matched his ambition?

Our No1 CB is Eric Dier, a player Poch deemed not good enough to start in the XI during Poch's reign. Our other CB is a 32 year CB who's best years are behind him, not in front.

Ben Davies started half the games this season, a player not deemed good enough to start under Poch.

Our biggest game of the season, Cup Final, had Harry Winks start. A player, deemed not good enough to start under Poch.

Harry, like Poch, are who you build your team around. Instead, we've built that house around them out of fudging sand.

As gutting as it is, I think we should make it easy and let him go. No mind games...just extract maximum value, get a good manager in and start again. I've enjoyed Harry's time so much...what a player. His goals against Woolwich will stay with me forever. He's a nice guy and a good professional. Get business done super quick and move on.

He owes us nothing. We pay him to do a job, which he does to the highest standards in the league. We have the best striker in the league, have we matched his ambition?

Our No1 CB is Eric Dier, a player Poch deemed not good enough to start in the XI during Poch's reign. Our other CB is a 32 year CB who's best years are behind him, not in front.

Ben Davies started half the games this season, a player not deemed good enough to start under Poch.

Our biggest game of the season, Cup Final, had Harry Winks start. A player, deemed not good enough to start under Poch.

Harry, like Poch, are who you build your team around. Instead, we've built that house around them out of fudging sand.

He's under contract to us, there's rumours he's been in touch with other clubs, he's off and by the sounds of it he's made a deal with one of those clubs and prepping Levy for what to expect.
It's not up to him to decide what we ask for.
He expects to play at this level for 7 year, his words, that's worth a lot more than £100m, and if he thinks Levy won't through those words back in his face his an idiot.

Apart from the fact it’s with Gary Scargill and on Sky the comments actually make me feel better than not hearing from him at all and letting the media rumour mill go into overdrive.

I’m hoping Levy may realise that we can’t replace him and this may make him find a way of investing more in the team than he intended.

Also I read it that although winning things gets banded out I think it’s the absence of CL that is having an impact on Kane’s position, both in terms of the games and possibly the bonuses attached to it?

I want to play in the biggest games, well we got you there and you didn't play mate.

Getting tinkled off with this now.

I agree on that. Last night was another big game if he wanted the club to have any European involvement next season. Another no show, to add to the cup finals and semi-finals. I love the bloke, but this line is a bad one for him to take.

Why? He's probably been having the same conversation every summer with Levy for years. Nothing changes. Now he's playing the game to make sure that he gets his move. I, for one, don't blame him.

I’m with you. This stinks. Getting Gary fcuking Neville to advertise his availability and price?
I’d prefer he goes now to be honest. Extract the maximum possible price. At least the players he leaves behind might finally grow a pair when they don’t have him to lean on.
Plus he should be dropped for Sunday. His head’s not in the right place.

Agreed, thats what it is. Levy needs to show Kane the route to us challenging for proper trophies in the next 1-2 years - so who is the manager going to be, and how much will he have to spend
I always admire your optimism Adam. But do you honestly think Levy is just going to go ok then, we will have a massive shopping spree if you stay?! We are skint, have a government loan to pay and only real chance of us spending money is if we sell Kane.

Not to mention I think some are being overly optimistic about this. Levy would already of had conversations with Kane and know what his aspirations are, what Kane has said now will not change Levy’s thinking at all. Why would Kane say all this on a Neville podcast? It’s to make sure his image remains in tact and his reputation with the fans...

There are a couple of straws to grasp at in the interview, but bottom line is if he is wanting a level of investment that would buy the standard of players (plural) that would be needed to enable him to score 60 or 70 goals a season, then I think he is going to be disappointed.

I always admire your optimism Adam. But do you honestly think Levy is just going to go ok then, we will have a massive shopping spree if you stay?! We are skint, have a government loan to pay and only real chance of us spending money is if we sell Kane.

Not to mention I think some are being overly optimistic about Derp Levy would already of had conversations with Kane and know what his aspirations are, what Kane has said now will not change Levy’s thinking at all. Why would Kane say all this on a Neville podcast? It’s to make sure his image remains in tact and his reputation with the fans...

I'm not sure Levy and Kane would have spoken about it during the season, and Levy would need to ensure he saves face. So I dont think its a case of Levy saying 'ok, I'll do what you want Harry'.....but Levy knows how Kane is thinking now and either needs to back the new guy, or have the disruption with Kane leaving

The thing is if Kane stays, then we can attract players far more easily and achieve success (football wise and financially) more easily
If he leaves, then Levy will need to accept that attracting players will be harder, and the assumption should be that it will take longer to get back into the CL

I dont think any of us know whether Levy can reprofile the debt, or find a way of buying the players needed to get us back up higher. We need 2 CBs and a RW. Can Levy find that cash, factoring in sales too? We shall see....

There are a couple of straws to grasp at in the interview, but bottom line is if he is wanting a level of investment that would buy the standard of players (plural) that would be needed to enable him to score 60 or 70 goals a season, then I think he is going to be disappointed.

2 CBs, back-up CF and a RW - call it £120m if you shop well.

Sell Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Foyth and Davies and perhaps you get back £75m of it

we can debate the numbers but its not a net zero window, and TBC whether Levy can find that £££

Back