• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

For such a complete attacker and consummate professional, it’s surprising that Kane hasn’t improved his free kick technique since this fluke against Aston Villa 7 years ago!

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/tot...4-saved-my-job-spurs-boss-mauricio-pochettino

Don't understand why Son is never given an opportunity. His stats show his shooting accuracy is consistently better than Kane's. He also takes a mean corner - witness two goals resulting tonight, showing how good he with a dead ball.

I know Kane has virtually infinite credit in the bank, and rightly so. But that golden chance he missed last night was huge. Score that and we very likely win. Guess even he is only mortal after all :(

I know Kane has virtually infinite credit in the bank, and rightly so. But that golden chance he missed last night was huge. Score that and we very likely win. Guess even he is only mortal after all :(

Interestingly, Kane's shots-to-goals conversion rate (22%) is relatively low compared with the PL's leading scorers. Fortunately he compensates for this handsomely by making more attempts than most.

Whereas Son's conversion rate (38%) is among the highest. Make of that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Interestingly, Kane's shots-to-goals conversion rate (22%) is relatively low compared with the PL's leading scorers. Fortunately he compensates for this handsomely by making more attempts than most.

Whereas Son's conversion rate (38%) is among the highest. Make of that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Yeah I think that's partly because he tries so many shots from difficult distances / angles. If you're not someone who hates xG, you can see that he always outperforms his xG (i.e. he scores more than you'd expect the average player to, based on the chances he gets):

upload_2021-2-11_14-54-25.png

This season is the top row (i.e he's scored 13 goals, when you'd expect a player to score 11.69 on average). To be fair, I guess that still isn't super high, and certainly not as high as Sonny's this season:

upload_2021-2-11_14-55-39.png

Are you talking about Ben Davies who plays for Spurs? Did you watch yesterday’s game and see his crosses?

I'd suggest that determining place kicking assignments based on a single performance is how we ended up with Eriksen taking brick corners for years and Kane wasting every FK he's taken since he was a rookie.

I'd suggest that determining place kicking assignments based on a single performance is how we ended up with Eriksen taking brick corners for years and Kane wasting every FK he's taken since he was a rookie.
Not just last night's game.... His delivery is consistently poor IMO, whether it is his crosses that typically don't beat the first man or go nowhere near any of our players in the box, or the way that even his ordinary passes seem to go to players on the bounce. Maybe you see something I just haven't seen but I'd have Davies well down the list (and below Kane) for delivering a dead ball.

Not just last night's game.... His delivery is consistently poor IMO, whether it is his crosses that typically don't beat the first man or go nowhere near any of our players in the box, or the way that even his ordinary passes seem to go to players on the bounce. Maybe you see something I just haven't seen but I'd have Davies well down the list (and below Kane) for delivering a dead ball.

Fair enough.

Not sure I'd put anyone below Kane as he have such a body of evidence that he can't do it. Which is weird considering how good his passing normally is.

Always thought if he has to take them he should go the Shearer route, get someone to move it a yard and strike the moving ball as he can't hit a dead one.

Always thought if he has to take them he should go the Shearer route, get someone to move it a yard and strike the moving ball as he can't hit a dead one.
Seems like years since I've seen one of those. Shift it a bit then give it a damn hard thump.

Back