• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Huh?

If you think Kane needs to leave in order to win trophies what does that say about our future under the current manager?

It was the he is Kane bit which threw me.

Lets put it another way he has been here for a long time with no trophys to show for it, do you think he will be content to finish his time as a player with nothing won. I never said he would not win anything here so do not try to twist my words.

Ive just finished reading Doctor Sleep, also watched the film this week. The Shining was better. I love the book and the film even though Stephen King detests the film. They’re both brilliant even though they’re different.

He’s kinder about it now I believe. I also think they are both great.

I enjoyed Dr Sleep (the book, not seen the film).

You may be right about clubs not wanting to deal with us (Levy) considering what we would ask for Kane but we also have to accept that we’re powerless to stop Kane running his contract down like Eriksen did. Absolutely no way would I’d be signing a contract extension given the brick Kane has had to watch around him in the last two seasons. If he’s serious about winning the CL and PL then let’s face it he’s got a far better chance of doing that with the Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea as much as I’d hate to lose him to an English club.
Hey
That’s fine
That’s 3 years time and he would have been truly an outstanding servant and legend

If managers get criticised for not winning stuff, should superstar, talismanic team leaders not be held by the same standard?

No doubt Kane has got to win things if he wants to be one of the greats. Bit unfair to single him out when the team individually and collectively haven’t stepped up in big games. I think he’s been let down at times by some of his teammates. Put him in City’s team or Bayern, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Barca, Real and there’s no way he doesn’t have at least one trophy on his CV by now.

No doubt Kane has got to win things if he wants to be one of the greats. Bit unfair to single him out when the team individually and collectively haven’t stepped up in big games. I think he’s been let down at times by some of his teammates. Put him in City’s team or Bayern, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Barca, Real and there’s no way he doesn’t have at least one trophy on his CV by now.
No shock there
Put any player in a team that’s dominated and chances are they will get medals
I mean John O’Shea has 5 premier leagues and a champions league plus others.... yet he wasn’t a good player
But I do agree players want medals, but they also have to have some accountability in those games that win them the medals
We have only had two finals recently and both times we lost 2 nil, without barely outing a marker down in either final
And we have lost more semis than Ron Jeremy ...

I agree with that, but he is also an individual who hasn't always stepped up.

I think if you asked him what the two biggest games of his career have been to date, he would say the 2019 Champions League Final and the 2018 World Cup Semi, he had zero influence on either.

I think if you asked him what the two biggest games of his career have been to date, he would say the 2019 Champions League Final and the 2018 World Cup Semi, he had zero influence on either.

Fair points re the 2018 World Cup semi final. Missed a great chance too IIRC.

Tbf he wasn’t match fit for the CL final and probably shouldn’t have started. Poch couldn’t really win either way picking Kane or not picking Kane unless we won the game.

If managers get criticised for not winning stuff, should superstar, talismanic team leaders not be held by the same standard?
No. They don’t control which players are bought and sold. They don’t control the playing side of the team. They aren’t responsible for team morale. They are responsible for how they play, but they’re one of 11 on the pitch and one of a squad.

But who did in either of those two games?

Kane shouldn't have even played in the CL final. Clearly unfit and not play time leading up to it. An example of a manager buying too much into the hype of their players but also the lack of a viable alternative striker.

Kane would not have been the first star player to miss a CL final but u like many other squads that's have made it that far we had no decent backup striker.

Back