• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

20 is impossible to drive at.

Get TomTom amigo installed on your phone, set it up to warn you of speed traps/cameras and set it to turn on automatically when it connects to your car.

I drive a lot, never at the speed limit and I haven't had a ticket in 20 years. But I use speed trap warnings religiously.

I'm not a speedster by any means but I do find it hard to stick 20 or under. My experience so far is that if you are going at the 20 speed limit in London someone's up your arse! I actually use an app that gives me a visual warning of speed traps but wasn't using it for that drive. I'll check out the amigo app, thanks for the recommendation.

I'm not a speedster by any means but I do find it hard to stick 20 or under. My experience so far is that if you are going at the 20 speed limit in London someone's up your arse! I actually use an app that gives me a visual warning of speed traps but wasn't using it for that drive. I'll check out the amigo app, thanks for the recommendation.
It's community based so people report the mobile ones too.

If you're unlucky enough to be the first one through then it obviously won't work but in London that's almost impossible.

I’ve just read up and it seems it may not be possible to get a SAC offered for speeding in a 20mph zone in London. I’ve only been driving a year so thinking more about insurance premiums and not getting another 3 points for another year, would happily take the course if offered!

ah right okay.

I’ve just read up and it seems it may not be possible to get a SAC offered for speeding in a 20mph zone in London. I’ve only been driving a year so thinking more about insurance premiums and not getting another 3 points for another year, would happily take the course if offered!

It's been a while since I got points but 1 speeding offence makes little difference to insurance premiums as they're so common.

Got an NIP letter for speeding this morning. 24mph in a 20mph zone. Annoying. First speeding offence and not too much over the limit so hoping they'll go down the driver awareness course.

I’m sure they will. Same thing happened to me at 23mph. Had to go to go to some hotel in Croydon for 4hrs to repent for my sins.

Got lively though as two women were constantly having a go at each other, about the importance of sticking to the zone.

hmm have to go pick up the food shop from click n collect, hope the conditions aren't bad as it's snowy as fook out there.

hmm have to go pick up the food shop from click n collect, hope the conditions aren't bad as it's snowy as fook out there.

I did it yesterday and it was more Click Wait....Collect! Had to queue to get into the supermarket. Then they weren't ready. Was getting cheesed off, so they have me a free bottle of wine and £10 gift card!

I’m sure they will. Same thing happened to me at 23mph. Had to go to go to some hotel in Croydon for 4hrs to repent for my sins.
About 10 years ago I got done for doing 35 in a 30 and had to attend a safety awareness course near Bracknell... but I was late and didn't know where I was going so I had to fiddle with my Sat Nav whilst doing 90 on the A329(M) overtaking everyone, undertaking on the roundabout, bursting through the lights on amber and ragging it round the roundabout to beat the lights and cut in front of everyone and screech down the A-roads at full whack and then slam my brakes on and trundle into the parking zone to be taught a lesson.

About 10 years ago I got done for doing 35 in a 30 and had to attend a safety awareness course near Bracknell... but I was late and didn't know where I was going so I had to fiddle with my Sat Nav whilst doing 90 on the A329(M) overtaking everyone, undertaking on the roundabout, bursting through the lights on amber and ragging it round the roundabout to beat the lights and cut in front of everyone and screech down the A-roads at full whack and then slam my brakes on and trundle into the parking zone to be taught a lesson.
Isn't it a general rule to always leave a speed safety awareness course sideways?

Gotta love how cold weather opens up things. We've had a spell of weather -10C or lower, with winds and much colder at night. I like a daily 8km walk to get some exercise. And, yeah, to scope out the babes working checkout at a local grocery store. No problem as the sidewalks and streets have hardly a soul on them to strategically avoid. Easy to get a good pace going.

Went ice skating at lunch today on a full sized hockey rink and only a handful of others out there. Lots of room to get into a nice rhythm. In this weather, a face mask helps keep you warm.

Roll on, Polar Vortex.

Back