• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Antwerp

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jose shouldn’t have made so many changes,9 is far too much, some players were totally undercooked,if Alli is going to play,play him in his proper position,off the centre forward,Bale should have been used as a sub,Winks the new Vinney Sideways,for a professional footballer how as he gone so far without the ability to shoot unbelievable.Sanchez agree with Hoddle,push the centre forward down the line,feck even I know that and I’m not on 100k a week,fecking poor.
Antwerp are league leaders,they were up for this,most of them were auditioning for transfers to our league.
Why we so poor in the Europa cup every time we are in it we stink the place out.

What the fudge kind of time was that for a football match?

Just turned BT Sport on in order to have our march on in the background whilst I do something more interesting and it's already happened.

What's going on with this 2 bit cup and why aren't matches on at proper times?
Doesn't your phone let you know when we're on?

Technophobe :rolleyes: :D

What the fudge kind of time was that for a football match?

Just turned BT Sport on in order to have our march on in the background whilst I do something more interesting and it's already happened.

What's going on with this 2 bit cup and why aren't matches on at proper times?

Don't worry, you're not alone,. Reports from Antwerp suggest that Tottenham have arrived on the pitch for a 9 pm KO local time, only to be told the match just happened.

Last edited:
Asking 9 players to gel just because they should want it is football management stuff, especially as this lot have not lost at home in ages.

Or if you want to give people game time, give them time, dont haul the team at half time..........AND MAKE IT WORSE.

That was poor from Jose tonight, very poor

The way this group is going, we may have to beat Antwerp at home on the last night to qualify now. Whereas a couple of hours ago we were hoping to be resting players that night.

On that showing from both sides, if that's the case, it will be a tough night

What has the Poch era got to do with tonight? What's the point in even going into such a hypothetical? I genuinely don't understand your intention.

Tonight we were a combination of rudderless and arrogant in the first half. In the second we were just poor despite the huffing and puffing.

I was merely replying to someone else who first suggested it.

So by replying to me, I guess you've shown the same intention as I did ;)

Asking 9 players to gel just because they should want it is football management stuff, especially as this lot have not lost at home in ages.

Or if you want to give people game time, give them time, dont haul the team at half time..........AND MAKE IT WORSE.

That was poor from Jose tonight, very poor

I understood why he was doing it, but agree, he should've kept his powder dry. Hojberg at HT would've been OK, bring the rest on with 30-20 mins left. Interested in his presser, to see how he justifies what he did.

Sanchez again getting pelters tonight, but he has always been best with a strong partner. Davies is not a back for CB (he only ever works in a 3) so very very harsh to single him out IMO. He saved us a goal after that poor Winks back-pass.

He was onto a loser with the goal, didn't matter what he did it was going to be wrong.

The way this group is going, we may have to beat Antwerp at home on the last night to qualify now. Whereas a couple of hours ago we were hoping to be resting players that night.

That's certainly how it appears. We need to learn to win simple games and not force ourselves into pressure ones.

Sanchez again getting pelters tonight, but he has always been best with a strong partner. Davies is not a back for CB (he only ever works in a 3) so very very harsh to single him out IMO. He saved us a goal after that poor Winks back-pass.

Steff, he’s awful. His positional sense is diabolical, his distribution is even worse and he’s an accident waiting to happen. He did make one great challenge but was awful besides that.

We are weak enough at centre back without him adding to our problems.

Don't two go through?

I was merely replying to someone else who first suggested it.

So by replying to me, I guess you've shown the same intention as I did ;)

@thfcsteff
It was me that brought poch into it, not to denigrate poch, but to say that this was a similar display to the end of Pochs reign, so not Jose fault but an underlying problem with the players.

I understood why he was doing it, but agree, he should've kept his powder dry. Hojberg at HT would've been OK, bring the rest on with 30-20 mins left. Interested in his presser, to see how he justifies what he did.
It also felt Bale was kept on for his ego, I don’t think Lo Celso or Vinicius deserved to be hooked at HT.

Back