• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

There's definitely an appetite for people wanting to get back to the office where I work, the number 1 question on our monthly meeting was when can we get back into the office - won't be for ages though as our lease has expired and it won't be renewed till things settle down so I've likely got another 6 months at least at home. I only used to go in a couple of days a week anyway but personally I'm really missing getting out and about and seeing life and other people in general and can't wait to get back into the office even if it was only once a week.

There's definitely an appetite for people wanting to get back to the office where I work, the number 1 question on our monthly meeting was when can we get back into the office - won't be for ages though as our lease has expired and it won't be renewed till things settle down so I've likely got another 6 months at least at home. I only used to go in a couple of days a week anyway but personally I'm really missing getting out and about and seeing life and other people in general and can't wait to get back into the office even if it was only once a week.

Its amazing the everyday things you don't think about normally that you start to miss

Question, if you got COVID, and got tested and 100% got it etc and recovered.

Would you then go to work (following recovery and quarentine etc)? Bearing in mind, you could still catch it and pass to others etc...

Question, if you got COVID, and got tested and 400% got it etc and recovered.

Would you then go to work (following recovery and quarentine etc)? Bearing in mind, you could still catch it and pass to others etc...
Is that a proven fact now? I know there was talk of it a while ago, but didn’t think it was categorically proven?

Edit: also, what is the alternative?

One could ask a similar question re Tuberculosis or Seasonal flu...you live your life and take the appropriate steps to manage the risks as you and your love ones see fit

Yeh why not? Going to work in the first place would have been a risk so what difference does getting it, recovering and returning make?

Same could be said of going to get your hair cut, having a meal out, doing your food shop, going to the Drs.

When the original lockdown ended there was no testing and no vaccine and people rushout out without knowing their own status in terms of infection to see family and friends in a bubble with a bigger risk of infection relying on symptoms only as their guide. That was a bigger risk than going back to work in covid safe environments using what we know to advise us.

Would you leave the house and buy a pint of milk knowing there is a risk of Covid?

Last edited:
Yeh why not? Going to work in the first place would have been a risk so what difference does getting it, recovering and returning make?

Same could be said of going to get your hair cut, having a meal out, doing your food shop, going to the Drs.

When the original lockdown ended there was no testing and no vaccine and people rushout out without knowing their own status in terms of infection and rushed to see family and friends in a bubble with a bigger risk of infection relying on symptoms only. That was a bigger risk than going back to work in covid safe environments using what we know to advise us.

Would you leave the house and buy a pint of milk knowing there is a risk of Covid?

I largely agree with your overall point re getting back and getting on with life, whilst managing the risks. Life has to go on, you can't live in perpetual fear forever.

However, if we just out aside whatever is meant by the phrase "covid-secure workplace", it cannot be assumed that all workplaces are. I mean when 100s of police attend riots etc, how can that/they be 'covid-secure'?

However, if we just out aside whatever is meant by the phrase "covid-secure workplace", it cannot be assumed that all workplaces are. I mean when 100s of police attend riots etc, how can that/they be 'covid-secure'?

Well you make your place of employment as safe to return as possible, its not 100% but you do the best you can to make it as safe to return to work and reduce the risk.

In some jobs that is not possible but even the Police force do what they can to reduce their day to day risks, some of it as a key component of a needed service aka breaking up crime thats not possible.

BUT just because some cant be does not mean that we can not improve the conditions for many and as per your first paragraph and my overall belief get busy living rather than staying at home dying (not literally BTW)

End of the day the terms just another way of saying risk access.

Yeah, I would go to work if I had never had Covid and if I got it and recovered then I'd still go to work. I'd still take all the necessary precautions (mask, distance etc) but I need to get out and see some life really - my health is definitely suffering and I'm someone who has only been going in a couple of days a week for a few years now.

Glasgow student on Channel 4

This is University we are gonna party what do you expect

Thats the future of the country for you

Is that a proven fact now? I know there was talk of it a while ago, but didn’t think it was categorically proven?

Edit: also, what is the alternative?

Fair quesiton, am basing this on the official confirmation of a recorded case in HK of someone reinfected with COVID, so assuming the ability to catch and pass can still exist. I believe there are around 3 strains and said individual recovered from A and eventually picked up the B or C strain but believe they had no symptoms.

Swedish expert hitting nail on head tonight on Channel 4 news.

Going into a strict lockdown defines the reaction because anything after a lockdown will show a spike in cases which creates a panic which is not necessarily needed. If you learn to live with the fact that you will have infections in society that wont necessarily kill people then you dont scare yourself back into a lockdown or semi lockdown.

They way he talked about their long term strategy was inspiring

Some Cancer is however curable, which isnt happening because the NHS is shut down and endless delays.

While this did happen with the first lockdown there is no expectation it will happen this wave. The plans are solid and the resource is there to manage Covid and to keep critical services running.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-herd-immunity-sars-public-health-england-oxford-immunotec-b533312.html
Public Health England has partnered with diagnostics company Oxford Immunotec to recruit thousands of people in an effort to find out if they have acquired T-cell immunity to Covid-19.

The new trial follows recent research that showed people infected with a Sars virus similar to Covid-19 developed T-cell immunity that can act up to 17 years, meaning far more people may be immune for a long period of time.

It is but its the worst cases again the largest percentages are fine

Look I'm not down playing down the fact people are dying but all data points towards what has been spoken about for days on here.

What's telling for me is that this week a whole host of football related cases came to light including men like Moyes and Warnock in their later years and all the talk has been about the inconvenient time to football, not one story wishing well or worry about recovery, fans are not outside the clubs lighting candles and holding prayers for their recovery. Even on sky there are no repeating ticker on it

Leyton Orient has nearly half its squad laid up and there is not the slightest worry that they will recover. If all the worst case scenarios were common that wouldn't be the case.

I'm not playing it down at all there just has to be more realism

Reading through that article it seems the issue is more nuanced. Again I have read enough to believe that the second wave will not stop critical services for cancer patients etc.. the general problems trusts are facing with A&E especially during the winter will not be fixed until the funding model and the structure of the NHS is revamped. And I am not sure it is about more money. It is about better use, maybe like the Germany model.

Back