• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

As I said, for normal people without GH deficiency, there is little to no benefit from taking it.

Interesting to learn more and explore it.

Messi obviously does have the condition and the evidence suggests it aids performance in those with the deficiency. Only have to look at him to see the effects of the steroids. Using steroids in sport to enhance performance is well documented and it’s banned for a reason. Of course it might not help everyone but there can be benefits especially for muscle and bone strength.

Just interesting to explore it. Messi wouldn’t be the same player without the meds that is for sure.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Interesting to learn more and explore it.

Messi obviously does have the condition and the evidence suggests it aids performance in those with the deficiency. Only have to look at him to see the effects of the steroids. Using steroids in sport to enhance performance is well documented and it’s banned for a reason. Of course it might not help everyone but there can be benefits especially for muscle and bone strength.

Just interesting to explore it. Messi wouldn’t be the same player without the meds that is for sure.

When you have GH deficiency, taking hormones will get you to the level of normal people, who don't have GH deficiency. So equal terms with healthy people. He might get a slight boost compared to a healthy person, but only very slightly, and it's impossible to measure or compare, so all in all its irrelevant.

When you have GH deficiency, taking hormones will get you to the level of normal people, who don't have GH deficiency. So equal terms with healthy people. He might get a slight boost compared to a healthy person, but only very slightly, and it's impossible to measure or compare, so all in all its irrelevant.

I agree it’s impossible to measure or compare. You can’t draw a line where ‘normal’ is for a start. HGH is not a hormone the body produces but a chemical which is similar.

When pros see cyclists who defy logic sprinting up hills way faster than others. Or swimming coaches see swimmers with average technique power past all the competitors...they can often tell that that person had been doped. With Messi, he’s just an exceptional talent, the steroids didn’t make a difference.

Lionel Messi's dad is already in England to discuss a two-year deal with Emirates Marketing Project after the Argentina forward, 33, said he wants to leave Barcelona. (Sun)

If the deal goes ahead, it could cost City £500m

I agree it’s impossible to measure or compare. You can’t draw a line where ‘normal’ is for a start. HGH is not a hormone the body produces but a chemical which is similar.

When pros see cyclists who defy logic sprinting up hills way faster than others. Or swimming coaches see swimmers with average technique power past all the competitors...they can often tell that that person had been doped. With Messi, he’s just an exceptional talent, the steroids didn’t make a difference.

We dont know that for sure.

His body will need to be frozen shortly after he retires and re-examined in a few hundred years when technology and medicine has advanced sufficiently.

What we don’t know is whether or how much hormone ‘topping up’ he’s done post puberty. Barca keep his medical file a guarded secret. You could imagine he gets a muscle injury, the logic is his body is not producing hormones to help repair the muscle so give him a little hit of Hormone treatment. This is complete speculation. But why would Barca not be open about his medical treatment as most clubs are with their players?

What we don’t know is whether or how much hormone ‘topping up’ he’s done post puberty. Barca keep his medical file a guarded secret. You could imagine he gets a muscle injury, the logic is his body is not producing hormones to help repair the muscle so give him a little hit of Hormone treatment. This is complete speculation. But why would Barca not be open about his medical treatment as most clubs are with their players?

Which clubs are open about the specifics of medical treatment?

Adults need HGH throughout life to maintain muscle mass and bone density. A deficiency leads to reduced muscle mass and bone density, as well as fatigue and fat build up. It would be pretty tough for a professional athlete. So I would say that there's a good chance he still gets the therapy. It won't give him a significant advantage over those with normal HGH levels, but it will substantially boost his performance compared to what it would be without the treatment. It's a fine line between necessary medical treatment and doping, but I think he's likely on the right side of it.

https://www.magicfoundation.org/Growth-Disorders/Growth-Hormone-Deficiency-in-Adults/
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/healthy-aging/in-depth/growth-hormone/art-20045735
https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/growth-hormone-athletic-performance-and-aging

I have an auto-immune arthritic condition - and the treatment for it is steroids and/or immuno-suppression therapy. (The steroids are the same ones that pro-cyclists such as Wiggo have had bad press about when taking under medical approval - and I have to have certificate for races and things I do).

The drugs certainly significantly enhance my performance. That is, they stop my body hurting all the time, taking 2 - 4 hours to be able to move properly at the start of every day, allow me to sleep properly, mean I don't need up to a weeks recovery after a race or hard training session. What they do is put me on to a level playing field with those people who don't have a medical condition... and don't have these problems on a daily basis...

If any top sportsman is on drugs on the band list it should be about fixing problems, not giving an advantage over others - and I assume this is the case with Messi.

I hopeno one suggests ajer from celtic ever. Terrible player.
I wouldn’t mind their CF Edouard as a Kane back-up, I wonder whether £20m would do it for him with Celtic now out of the CL?

I’d also happily see us step in and gazump them for David Turnbull from Motherwell (I think they’re getting a fantastic deal there at £3.5m).

I wouldn’t mind their CF Edouard as a Kane back-up, I wonder whether £20m would do it for him with Celtic now out of the CL?

I’d also happily see us step in and gazump them for David Turnbull from Motherwell (I think they’re getting a fantastic deal there at £3.5m).
Yes I'd be happy with Edouard, he's got the physicality to play in the Premier league, and there should be more than enough games for him to play.

I have an auto-immune arthritic condition - and the treatment for it is steroids and/or immuno-suppression therapy. (The steroids are the same ones that pro-cyclists such as Wiggo have had bad press about when taking under medical approval - and I have to have certificate for races and things I do).

The drugs certainly significantly enhance my performance. That is, they stop my body hurting all the time, taking 2 - 4 hours to be able to move properly at the start of every day, allow me to sleep properly, mean I don't need up to a weeks recovery after a race or hard training session. What they do is put me on to a level playing field with those people who don't have a medical condition... and don't have these problems on a daily basis...

If any top sportsman is on drugs on the band list it should be about fixing problems, not giving an advantage over others - and I assume this is the case with Messi.

Interesting thing about steroids is that it won't make the mind work faster. And Messi's mind is his greatest weapon.

Back