• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

source.gif

Your GHod damn right it is.

So no comments on the fact that

- We seemed to have the press on again?
- We opted for possession quite a bit?

I think he deserves a fair slate, but it *is* only against Championship sides in pre-season - so I don't blame folks for not giving it much importance. :p

How do we think we will see Jose set us up tactically? Formation and starting 11?

I'm hoping we go for a high press and fast transitions. We certainly have the pace for it now with Stevie, Son and Moura.

Formation I think it will be the same 4-2-3-1 with us moving in to a 3 in possession.

Starting 11

Lloris
Doherty Dier Toby Davies
Hojberg Sissoko
Stevie Lo Celso Son
Kane

Alli, Moura, Lamela, Winks, Sess, Aurier, Tanganga, Foyth, Hart.

In alternate universe:

--------Dier Toby Davies
Moura
---------Hojberg Winks
--Son -----Le Celso ----Alli
--------------Kane

This one could actually work:

Doherty--Sanchez--Toby--Sessegnon
----------Hojberg---NDombele
Son----------- Alli------------Bergwijn
----------------Kane

Last edited:
I think Mourinho will surprise us with the tools he has in his toolbox. So it depends on the players he will end up with that extra he can coach out of them.

The problem is I don't see a reliable creative force in the midfield and no funds to get one, so a boring standard set up might be the best for us e.g. 4-4-2 with in-game variations
How do we think we will see Jose set us up tactically? Formation and starting 11?

I'm hoping we go for a high press and fast transitions. We certainly have the pace for it now with Stevie, Son and Moura.

Formation I think it will be the same 4-2-3-1 with us moving in to a 3 in possession.

Starting 11

Lloris
Doherty Dier Toby Davies
Hojberg Sissoko
Stevie Lo Celso Son
Kane

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Starting 11

Lloris
Doherty Dier Toby Davies
Hojberg Sissoko
Stevie Lo Celso Son
Kane

Think / hope to see a couple more ins and a few outs before the end of the season but if the season started tomorrow:

Mourinho appears to prefer Moura over Stevie B, Dele was his initial preference last season and has looked like the penny may have dropped that he needs to put the effort in to keep his place form what I’ve seen in pre season. I’ll go with first and second choices as we stand as:

>>>>>>>>>>>Lloris : Hart

Doherty/ Aurier Toby / Sanchez Dier / Tanganga Davies / Sessegnon

Hojberg. / Sissoko Lo Celso / Winks

Moura / Lamela. Alli / NDombele. Son / Bergwijn
Kane / backup striker (King?)

Sissoko and Winks feel like weak back up if both are required to start though, a motivated Ndombele could be better in the centre mid mix but I do think he’s off or his fitness issues will be negated by playing him further forward.
There’s also Gedson but not sure what the plan is for him, could replace Aurier or Lamela on the bench. Foyth, Rose and CCV I also think will form part of our outgoings

Think / hope to see a couple more ins and a few outs before the end of the season but if the season started tomorrow:

Mourinho appears to prefer Moura over Stevie B, Dele was his initial preference last season and has looked like the penny may have dropped that he needs to put the effort in to keep his place form what I’ve seen in pre season. I’ll go with first and second choices as we stand as:

>>>>>>>>>>>Lloris : Hart

Doherty/ Aurier Toby / Sanchez Dier / Tanganga Davies / Sessegnon

Hojberg. / Sissoko Lo Celso / Winks

Moura / Lamela. Alli / NDombele. Son / Bergwijn
Kane / backup striker (King?)

Sissoko and Winks feel like weak back up if both are required to start though, a motivated Ndombele could be better in the centre mid mix but I do think he’s off or his fitness issues will be negated by playing him further forward.
There’s also Gedson but not sure what the plan is for him, could replace Aurier or Lamela on the bench. Foyth, Rose and CCV I also think will form part of our outgoings

Pretty much totally agree with that! Am only thinking it might be best to sell Ndombele and replace him with another final third passer, if possible.

Pretty much totally agree with that! Am only thinking it might be best to sell Ndombele and replace him with another final third passer, if possible.
It’s a tough one as Ndombele is a rare type of centre mid with the way he glides it past people and retains the ball under pressure, with a better passing range than Dembele, but with Hojbjerg joining I think Lo Celso will be his first choice partner as he has looked more effective in a deeper role (unless him carrying an injury has hidden the true qualities he’d bring as a 10.
I think Dele is going to prove his quality this season, I want to be optimistic about Ndombele but I think it might be less risk to cash in now, which would give us at the funds for at least one premium signing.

Starting 11

Lloris
Doherty Dier Toby Davies
Hojberg Sissoko
Stevie Lo Celso Son
Kane

Pretty similar to last season, lop sided at the back to allow for an attacking RB, Kane Son + 1 tasked with finding goals whilst the rest are keeping it deep and compact.

Should have us in with a chance of top 4

Starting 11

Lloris
Doherty Dier Toby Davies
Hojberg Sissoko
Stevie Lo Celso Son
Kane

That looks like a team that doesn't create a great deal relying on Son to do something unpredictable or Kane finishing half chances. It looks like a team that is going to try struggle to keep possession and use the ball well. Hojberg and Sissoko is an especially agricultural midfield. Who is going to pass the ball to Lo Celso to get the attack moving?

I think we'll see more of what we've been trying to do. Press fairly aggressively, but not super intense when we lose the ball. Press high in shorter spells, drop deep quite a bit more (depending on the opponents of course).

Counter attacks will be important for us, as will being solid at the back. Hopefully our new signings will help with both.

I think getting Alli close to Kane will be a priority. Getting the best out of the players excellent players already here is our best path to improvement. Alli works very well in that role, less so in others. So a 4-2-3-1 seems likely to be our go to formation, perhaps going to a 4-3-3 at times.

Ndombele is the wildcard if he ends up staying. Getting the best out of him could be a game changer, perhaps even worth moving Alli to a slightly different role. That's up to Ndombele though, if he can put in the necessary work.

The fixture list will make some rotation necessary, so we might see quite frequent changes in our formation and approach depending on the players being picked.

If I was hazarding a guess at the team

hugo

doherty Dier Toby. Davies

Winks PEH

moura. Dele. Son

Kane

I fully expect from what I’ve seen of pre season to have PEH pressing
Winks to be the glue with Lo Celso coming in once match fit (he hasn’t played any games
so far hence why i think he is out for Neverton)
And dele will be asked to play 10

Back