• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Everyone here seems mightily certain that Mike Dean said something. I don't rule it out, and indeed I have speculated myself as to what it could have been, but has anyone stopped to consider that maybe Poch just lost his brick, turned to walk off and then decided that he had to have one last pop?

It's reading like a conspiracy forum here!
No. Both Poch and Perez were saying "You can't say that, you can't say that" to Dean

Our Manager will be allowed in the dressing room before the game and at half time. He will have his cellphone and can call Jesus with any tactical changes he wants making during play. Big fuss over nothing if you ask me. If anything the " injustice" may just fire the players up.. we shall see. The 10k fine I think he can afford. Onwards and upwards.
Perhaps Poch will get a better view from up on high, and make some good decisions to change things. Like in the 6 Nations eggball.

It is so hard to assess the whole game, sitting on (below) the touchline.

Perhaps Poch will get a better view from up on high, and make some good decisions to change things. Like in the 6 Nations eggball.

It is so hard to assess the whole game, sitting on (below) the touchline.

I agree a higher view is better for spectators but players and managers see and read the game at pitch level and cant see that ever changing, rugby is a far more technical game than football and benefits from coaches at varying levels.

Everyone here seems mightily certain that Mike Dean said something. I don't rule it out, and indeed I have speculated myself as to what it could have been, but has anyone stopped to consider that maybe Poch just lost his brick, turned to walk off and then decided that he had to have one last pop?

You should know by now there is always some form of conspiracy against Spurs.;)

Yes, he got a fine which is pennies to him, and thats it.

I would argue calling a refs integrity, post match and after the heat of the moment (premeditated?) is a far greater crime than Poch but Poch gets a ban.

I would argue charging on the field in a heated derby - potentially inciting all sorts of trouble a far greater crime too. Guess what? No ban, slap on the wrist...

Yes, he got a fine which is pennies to him, and thats it.

I would argue calling a refs integrity, post match and after the heat of the moment (premeditated?) is a far greater crime than Poch but Poch gets a ban.

I would argue charging on the field in a heated derby - potentially inciting all sorts of trouble a far greater crime too. Guess what? No ban, slap on the wrist...
I am sure you can argue what you like mate. But getting into the face of a ref even a qunt like Dean in full view of the crowd and TV cameras is not going to be taken lightly. It was clear from the outset this would be a touchline ban. No anti Spurs conspiracy here and I am not sure why the obsession with Klopp. The FA have different tarrifs for different offences.

We all saw what happened on the pitch but the charge also referred to behaviour in or around the tunnel area, so it sounds as though it continued beyond what the tv cameras picked up.

The punishment seems harsh but what is done is done.
I am sure Mike Dean will receive the appropriate welcome when he officiates at NWHL.

Danny-DeVito-Nope.gif

I am sure you can argue what you like mate. But getting into the face of a ref even a qunt like Dean in full view of the crowd and TV cameras is not going to be taken lightly. It was clear from the outset this would be a touchline ban. No anti Spurs conspiracy here and I am not sure why the obsession with Klopp. The FA have different tarrifs for different offences.

There is no obsession with Klopp, its just pointing out an obvious comparison.

I dont expect Pochettino to get off scott free, but a 2 game ban is extreme when you look at prior instances.

Klopp is a repeat offender, and as I said IMO offering worse offenses, and he just gets slapped on the wrist and left to get on with it.

Something is out of balance there.

Apologies if this is in the thread already, but according to Alan Brazil on this morning's Talkbrick, Dean said to Poch "Well that's your chance of the premiership gone then"

I REALLY hope this can be proved somehow. Seems odd for Brazil to be so sure about it and to broadcast it on radio.

The Tottenham boss said: “I am a little bit in shock because I think it is completely unfair. What can I do now? Nothing. I have to see the reasons.

"They have announced I have been banned for two games. Need to see reasons. Letter has still not arrived. I am banned for two games but I don't know the reason yet.

“I know in my mind it wasn't a big deal and of course it wasn't the best way to complain and talk with the referee. But I never expected this sort of situation which for me is not fair. Now I need to think and see the reason why.

“We are waiting for the letter form the FA but it has still not arrived. I am curious to see why they decided to do what they do. For me, a two-game ban is unfair.

“This is my seventh season in England. You can see how I have behaved since day one. I have always been a coach, a manager, a person who has always wanted to help the FA, understand and try and behave my best. Always try to be implicated to improve our game.

"It is the first time here that I am [not] completely right in my behaviour but I think it is too much. I feel sad and disappointed with the punishment. Of course I have to wait and see what they put in the letter and why they ban me for two games.”

maybe Kane, Dele, Dier, Trippier, Winks, Rose et al will all pick up mysterious ankle knocks during the next irrelevant round of international friendlies...

Apologies if this is in the thread already, but according to Alan Brazil on this morning's Talkbrick, Dean said to Poch "Well that's your chance of the premiership gone then"

I REALLY hope this can be proved somehow. Seems odd for Brazil to be so sure about it and to broadcast it on radio.

If that's true, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it is, that's completely out of order from Dean. From the one person who is supposed to be neutral, that's such an irresponsible and provocative thing to say. Think it - yes, he's human after all - but don't say it to the manager seconds after you've blown the final whistle. That's what's left of his integrity flushed down the toilet.

Back