• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

"Shortly after half-time in Tottenham’s win over Everton on Saturday evening, Son Heung-min provided probably the best assist of the 2017-18 Premier League season."

??? I'm fairly confident that was a shot, not a cross to Kane. A great turn, yes, and he may have chosen to go across Pickford to maximise chances of a rebound. But an intentional assist??!? Nah, not for me.

Nah, Aurier's 'assist' was probably a shot but I really do think Sonny's was intentional. He looked up as he entered the box and the pace of the ball he played - compared to shots he takes - makes me believe a pass was more likely.

You may scoff but in some ways I see Son as our more focused if much less prolific and egoistic version of Ronaldo.

The step-overs are there, if not in multiples then neither are they just for show. The attacking flair that leads him to take on and go past his opponent is also present, as is the ability to produce a brilliant strike almost out of nothing. Both like to start out wide on the left and come inside as well as switch flanks or play through the middle. Son does of course also have the embarrassingly wayward miss-hit in his locker but so too does Ronaldo.

I'll emphasise again he is nowhere near as prolific as the Portuguese, of course not, but a lot of the better qualities are definitely present, including work-rate and application.

But the most attractive difference lies in his humility and his generally sunny disposition, that's where he totally trumps the Galactico.

Given the RM star seems to be going into a steady decline these days I'll happily settle for that.
Nor as orange.

Poch: “We are a club where we sign opportunities,” Pochettino said. “Manchester United want Alexis and so they go for him. It’s like this. I don’t say that it’s good or it’s bad. I only say that we are different. We are in different positions and different realities. Emirates Marketing Project pay the buyout clause in [Athletic] Bilbao [for Laporte] and bring the player that they want. Tottenham is not this type of club.

“When we signed Heung-min Son [from Bayer Leverkusen], it was at the end of the window [in August 2015.] We tried from the beginning. First of all, he said no. Then, he struggled to play and was upset with the manager, they opened the door and we signed him. Because it was an opportunity.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/30/spurs-mauricio-pochettino-lucas-moura

He looks low on confidence. Is there a chance that the competition offered by Lamela has caused his drop in form?

He looks low on confidence. Is there a chance that the competition offered by Lamela has caused his drop in form?

that would be a real worry were that true.

i dont think that is the issue.

i think the issue is that he has set the bar high and when he doesnt consistently reach it he gets judged based on some of his achievements. thats a good thing

that would be a real worry were that true.

i dont think that is the issue.

i think the issue is that he has set the bar high and when he doesnt consistently reach it he gets judged based on some of his achievements. thats a good thing

Agree, just mediocre day at the office.

How's it going AS? been a while ..

Back