• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He was superb today. Clearly a player full of confidence. He's always been good but often in fits and starts. He is really building up consistency now. No longer just that good option off the bench, he's a firm starter.

He really does deserve a song!
Really baffled that we don't hear an adaptation of Cyril's old song ringing out when he scores:

Nice one Heung-min
Nice one Son
Nice one Heung-min
Let's have another one

Finally getting the credit he deserves. Quite rare to get a player that's involved in so many goals and also works so hard.

Why do people keep saying he's underrated? I rate him highly!

He's got a very busy summer. World Cup and then the Asian Games, both of which are vital chances to get a military exemption. Otherwise it's back to plan B where Levy negotiates a swap so that Sissoko goes in Son's place and spends two happy years running head-on at South Korean tanks.
:D:D:D

We just need to work on Sissoko's smile. Although, does he even have one?

You may scoff but in some ways I see Son as our more focused if much less prolific and egoistic version of Ronaldo.

The step-overs are there, if not in multiples then neither are they just for show. The attacking flair that leads him to take on and go past his opponent is also present, as is the ability to produce a brilliant strike almost out of nothing. Both like to start out wide on the left and come inside as well as switch flanks or play through the middle. Son does of course also have the embarrassingly wayward miss-hit in his locker but so too does Ronaldo.

I'll emphasise again he is nowhere near as prolific as the Portuguese, of course not, but a lot of the better qualities are definitely present, including work-rate and application.

But the most attractive difference lies in his humility and his generally sunny disposition, that's where he totally trumps the Galactico.

Given the RM star seems to be going into a steady decline these days I'll happily settle for that.

"Shortly after half-time in Tottenham’s win over Everton on Saturday evening, Son Heung-min provided probably the best assist of the 2017-18 Premier League season."

??? I'm fairly confident that was a shot, not a cross to Kane. A great turn, yes, and he may have chosen to go across Pickford to maximise chances of a rebound. But an intentional assist??!? Nah, not for me.

"Shortly after half-time in Tottenham’s win over Everton on Saturday evening, Son Heung-min provided probably the best assist of the 2017-18 Premier League season."

??? I'm fairly confident that was a shot, not a cross to Kane. A great turn, yes, and he may have chosen to go across Pickford to maximise chances of a rebound. But an intentional assist??!? Nah, not for me.

Kane was definitely expecting the cross and had been waving his arms to indicate just where he wanted it.

Back