• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Him and Bolasie were a wing pair, and look what happened to the higher rated one of the two when he moved to a different setup/higher level

What, he got injured????

And Zaha was comfortably the higher rated player hence why he went to a bigger club called United

It didnt work for him and he has learned form that

Zaha ticks a lot of boxes for the club

But... I’d still go for Lookman as he will be better IMO and can develop really quickly with us

Zaha is less prolific than Lamela

With his back-to-back hattricks, I think Lamela's got to start as a false 9 in the absence of Kane and Son

Lamella has 1 goal per 11 games or 11 in 110

Zaha has 21 in 113 games so double in roughly the same amount

We would be pinning our hopes on Lamela stepping up, staying fit and progressing

Hey he is our player so why not but your to really trying to say he is more prolific with less goals are you GB?

watched a fair amount of both, not a straight comparison, my response was based on the muted swap deal, Sissoko has value for us, a high energy spoiler, we have plenty of creatives

I still question Zaha's defensive work rate and his execution under pressure

I think you need to consider a fit Dier and Wanyama in the maths on that. I think if Wanyama is fit then Sissoko has literally nothing to do.

Zaha, on the other hand, could be a game changer - even if he was seen only as a bench option.

For me there is more value in someone who could help us turn results our way than someone who will only play in the event half the midfield is out.

Hey he is our player so why not but your to really trying to say he is more prolific with less goals are you GB?

I think he is noting Lamela scoring hatricks in meaningless pre season friendlies as an indication of him being in a prolific vein of form.

Not that Id agree, pre season is meaningless.

I think you need to consider a fit Dier and Wanyama in the maths on that. I think if Wanyama is fit then Sissoko has literally nothing to do.

Zaha, on the other hand, could be a game changer - even if he was seen only as a bench option.

For me there is more value in someone who could help us turn results our way than someone who will only play in the event half the midfield is out.

I think he is noting Lamela scoring hatricks in meaningless pre season friendlies as an indication of him being in a prolific vein of form.

Behind closed door friendlies against much much lower level teams men’s jack brick as you say

He did get the goals vs Leicester although that was 2 and an OG so he may not have remembered that game that well

I see Sissoko as a shut down option for the 3 ahead of the DM's when games are won.

Is Zaha going to get in the team ahead of Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Moura? Not for me.

Lamela scored a lot of goals at the end of last season.

I see Sissoko as a shut down option for the 3 ahead of the DM's when games are won.

Is Zaha going to get in the team ahead of Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Moura? Not for me.

Lamela scored a lot of goals at the end of last season.

Fair enough, just shows differing priorities I guess.

I have a feeling we will see Eriksen and/or Alli more central this season, leaving Lamela/Moura/Son for the attacking wide areas. So I do think Zaha would get plenty of starts, they all should.

And given the work rate demanded in our team for closing down, I dont really see a need for a squad place used exclusively on a player able to charge around and break up play. Particularly all the while we have Wanyama/Dier around.

I just can't get past the price ultimately - when you look at the level of players that have been sold/bought for that sort of money we really should be aiming higher, even though i do think he'd be a useful addition.

Slap 60m down in front of most clubs abroad and you'd prize away their best talent, a less than 1 in 5 winger from a bottom half club doesn't represent a good deal for me.

Fair enough, just shows differing priorities I guess.

I have a feeling we will see Eriksen and/or Alli more central this season, leaving Lamela/Moura/Son for the attacking wide areas. So I do think Zaha would get plenty of starts, they all should.

And given the work rate demanded in our team for closing down, I dont really see a need for a squad place used exclusively on a player able to charge around and break up play. Particularly all the while we have Wanyama/Dier around.

as @billyiddo has just said, it's the price, I think we can get more for 60m, its similar to the Grealish 40m rumours (thankfully nonsense), if Poch wants him and its a fair price, fine, but we've shown again and again that we can find value

as @billyiddo has just said, it's the price, I think we can get more for 60m, its similar to the Grealish 40m rumours (thankfully nonsense), if Poch wants him and its a fair price, fine, but we've shown again and again that we can find value
Price is a different argument altogether. But to be honest Zaha has been a long time Poch target by looks of things, and it would be nice if every now and again we pushed the boat out and got Pochs prime targets, and not just concern ourselves with good value targets. We've made plenty of profit on our good value buys and sales over the years, so to pay over the odds on a primary target or two each season shouldnt be out of the question. Every other big club has done it, about time we should if it satisfies Poch....

Who you thinking?

I was impressed with him at Wembley last season (miss aside). Looked their stand out player. I just think its a strength area for us and wonder if the money would be better spent elsewhere. That would make 6 AMs for 3 slots. Wonder if he could deputise through the middle (I know we have Son to do that also) when Kane needed the odd rest.

Just seems an odd one when we haven't even tried and tested Moura yet.

I guess at some point you have to take a punt on a player that could become top class.

@billyiddo @galeforce I get that. We all try and look at value.

To be honest, Ive kind of given up though.

Remember when Shearer went to Blackburn for £4-5m? Remember the uproar at such an obscene amount being spent? Now think about what players are trading for now. Average ones at that. Liverpools youth/3rd reserve keeper is going to Leicester for £10m!!

So now I try to be of the mind that if Levy does it, thats fine by me. He has earned that "trust" IMO.

Who you thinking?

I was impressed with him at Wembley last season (miss aside). Looked their stand out player. I just think its a strength area for us and wonder if the money would be better spent elsewhere. That would make 6 AMs for 3 slots. Wonder if he could deputise through the middle (I know we have Son to do that also) when Kane needed the odd rest.

I guess at some point you have to take a punt on a player that could become top class.

I don't know, my logic is, I don't think he's very good and thats a lot of money.

I agree we have strength there already and have seen promise from Moura.

I get that. We all try and look at value.

To be honest, Ive kind of given up though.

Remember when Shearer went to Blackburn for £4-5m? Remember the uproar at such an obscene amount being spent? Now think about what players are trading for now. Average ones at that. Liverpools youth/3rd reserve keeper is going to Leicester for £10m!!

So now I try to be of the mind that if Levy does it, thats fine by me. He has earned that "trust" IMO.

Thats my thinking too, if it happens I'll go with it, I was wrong about Sissoko, I thought he'd be rubbish but he was key last season, I might well be wrong about Zaha too.

Thats my thinking too, if it happens I'll go with it, I was wrong about Sissoko, I thought he'd be rubbish but he was key last season, I might well be wrong about Zaha too.

Well I also think you are wrong, but maybe not in the ways you do! :D

I dont know if its an age thing or anything like that, but as much as I love the club and love watching games etc I just dont care that much about the minutia like I used to.

I like Zaha (respect that you might not), if we get him then great, Im not that worried about the details around it.

Who you thinking?

The AM 3 are a position of strength, but Zaha is a mercurial type like Mahrez that creates out of nothing and can beat a man from standstill position and cause havoc in defences even when they sit deep. Son can sometimes be this, but can also be frustrating and inconsistent. We have a lot of pretty AMs but it doesnt always work with our fancy passing, this would really mix it up and provide us an option we dont have.....

The AM 3 are a position of strength, but Zaha is a mercurial type like Mahrez that creates out of nothing and can beat a man from standstill position and cause havoc in defences even when they sit deep. Son can sometimes be this, but can also be frustrating and inconsistent. We have a lot of pretty AMs but it doesnt always work with our fancy passing, this would really mix it up and provide us an option we dont have.....

I think this is how Poch sees it. He could be the one with that added bit of spark. That doesn't come cheap.

Back