• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

It’s the going rate for a player who is single handily keeping his team in a higher level

And don’t forget he ticks the all important English box for CL

Does he? Does it not matter that he plays for the Ivory Coast, or is it simply where you have had your junior career at?

Incidentally, Id still really like Zaha in.

I know he isnt everyones cup of tea, and I accept we dont know how well he would do/how much he would improve - but I really think he could be a massive asset.

Genuine pace in attack. Strong. Makes things happen. Versatile. He is exactly the sort of player that creates space for others simply by virtue of being on the field.

I know his end product needs to improve, but I also believe it can (and has been).

He has matured wonderfully the last couple of seasons, and is I think ready to perform for a club like ours.

Having the option of a pacey player who will commit (and beat) defenders is something we really need.

The guy Gold on twitter who seems to have an in at the club has tweeted we are not interested in either Zaha or Malcom, he did say that we will defo complete the Grealish deal within the next week though

Malcolm never did seem one for us IMO, but I have the impression Zaha has been of interest for a long time.

Telegraph reporting now we arent interested - but because of the asking price. Not quite the same as "not interested"

We don't really have space for him for what he brings to the table. He probably will go on to Everton and score for fun.

Lamela son moura

I think we do.

Lamela/Moura right side. Offers a nice contracts between the two.
Son/Zaha left side, again nice options.

With the added benefit Zaha can play all over the front (something Poch can utilise in-game), Son can cover Kane, Lamela can work centrally...

Theres a nice balance, IMO.

We have a lot of games on the horizon (and Son off to the Asia tournament), depth has always been our achilles heel, as is a lack of pace and direct running up front - I think there is plenty of room for someone like Zaha.

I genuinely dont understand why people are so down on him.

I fully appreciate he isnt a world beater at this point, and is a lot of money (likely) - but even so his raw attributes are the sort that should get anyone excited.

I think we do.

Lamela/Moura right side. Offers a nice contracts between the two.
Son/Zaha left side, again nice options.

With the added benefit Zaha can play all over the front (something Poch can utilise in-game), Son can cover Kane, Lamela can work centrally...

Theres a nice balance, IMO.

We have a lot of games on the horizon (and Son off to the Asia tournament), depth has always been our achilles heel, as is a lack of pace and direct running up front - I think there is plenty of room for someone like Zaha.
With Son away he is the ideal cover for the forward position if Kane is absent....

I genuinely dont understand why people are so down on him.

I fully appreciate he isnt a world beater at this point, and is a lot of money (likely) - but even so his raw attributes are the sort that should get anyone excited.

Him and Bolasie were a wing pair, and look what happened to the higher rated one of the two when he moved to a different setup/higher level

Him and Bolasie were a wing pair, and look what happened to the higher rated one of the two when he moved to a different setup/higher level

You have a terrible habit of pigeon holing players on early showings and just sticking to that forevermore.

Bolasie has barely played for Everton, by the way, so Im not sure what we are to take from his time there.

Zaha, in the meantime, has become much more than an orthodox winger at Palace.

Thats a ridiculous statement, I can only assume you havent watched anything of Zaha. Or Sissoko. Or both.

Zaha beats players for fun, even when not on the ball he has two or three players around him he takes players out of the game simple as that....

watched a fair amount of both, not a straight comparison, my response was based on the muted swap deal, Sissoko has value for us, a high energy spoiler, we have plenty of creatives

I still question Zaha's defensive work rate and his execution under pressure

Back