• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

I'm wondering where the hell this guy decided to go.

It’s weird he’s completely off form right now. He was described as being press proof earlier this season and then he did that for City’s third goal. I hope that whatever has caused him not to be at his higher levels he can get past as on his day he can be right at the top level but we’ve not seen that for a couple of months now.

It’s weird he’s completely off form right now. He was described as being press proof earlier this season and then he did that for City’s third goal. I hope that whatever has caused him not to be at his higher levels he can get past as on his day he can be right at the top level but we’ve not seen that for a couple of months now.
Maybe his suspensions have robbed him of his rhythm, plus the fact that he’s playing in an injury ravaged midfield?

Dembele wasn't world class. Final 3rd he didn't have an assist or shot in him.

He was great at running through people. Possibly the best i've seen. Loved him.

But world class is rewriting history.
Xavi didn’t get an abundance of goals or assists but he was world class. Neither did Makelele and similar central / holding midfielders. He was world class at what he did and passed the balls to the creative players. Not everything is about goals and assists.

Maybe his suspensions have robbed him of his rhythm, plus the fact that he’s playing in an injury ravaged midfield?
Why do we continue to make excuses for our favourite players but don’t use them for our scape goats? Bissouma has been poor for a few games now and regardless of getting suspended or having a different midfield partner, good players still perform at a high level individually even if team mates are not playing great.

Why do we continue to make excuses for our favourite players but don’t use them for our scape goats? Bissouma has been poor for a few games now and regardless of getting suspended or having a different midfield partner, good players still perform at a high level individually even if team mates are not playing great.
Mate, it’s a REASON, not an excuse. All
of these human players are different, and they are not machines you can plug in and they work flawlessly.

In your world perhaps situations don’t matter to how an individual performs, but in the real world they do. Sorry about that.

He's supposed to be the boss. No matter what's going on around him, he's got to be the one playing well because he CAN be that good of a player. It's just for whatever reason, he's not doing that. Bentancur showed that for the brief glimpses of game time he got in-between his injuries. He's simply got to be the man; he should be a nailed-on starter considering the other midfield options.

Xavi didn’t get an abundance of goals or assists but he was world class. Neither did Makelele and similar central / holding midfielders. He was world class at what he did and passed the balls to the creative players. Not everything is about goals and assists.

He wasn't a holding midfielder. He would break through the lines running past people. Which he was great at. Then he'd do nothing with it. I liked him. Thought he was a great player. Just not a world class one.

I hate to be that guy but what you said tells me you didn't really pay attention to Xavi. In 09/10 Xavi got 16 assists, that is in one season more assists than Demebele got in TOTAL for his entire Tottenham career.

Xavi was an assist machine. I think you need to go watch a Xavi highlights reel if you think he wasn't one of their creative players 🤣

You're right though goals and assists aren't everything for a midfielder. Passing range and execution are just as important imo and Demebele was poor on those areas as well. He was a world class dribbler (in defensive areas, so limited use) but he was no world class player. People confuse a world class attribute (his dribbling) with an actual world class player. Demebele as good as he was for us in very specific contexts was never a world class player.

It's been a hard drop off, so people are asking why?

The idea that he got sent off, came back on 4 yellows with half the side out (so pressure to be cautious) could have affected him is a reasonable proposition. Maybe it's chemistry of the other players with him?

Either way, we need him back to his early season form, bad mistake yesterday.

That is about as poor a performance as I have sen from him. But still, he's a kid and young players struggle for consistency.

That is about as poor a performance as I have sen from him. But still, he's a kid and young players struggle for consistency.
He’s not a kid in footballing terms, think he’s about 26 isn’t he?

I don’t think he was that bad yesterday though, a couple of mistakes for sure and one huge one, but generally he was ok against the toughest of oppo, who love pressing and winning the ball in CM. I’ve see a lot worse performance’s.

He's definitely not a kid! He's 27!!

I thought he was fine yesterday - did his job well against one of best teams in the world and in a makeshift team. Everyone on the pitch, from both sides, made mistakes yesterday - that's what happens with the two footballing styles, they are so intense they create mistakes and also force opposition mistakes. Most of the six goals came from an error in the build up.

The mistake was stupid - but it will happen under Ange ball. Both Ange and the players will learn this season how far you can push brave Vs naive in the PL.

I think Bissouma has been poor the last couple of appearances but like with all things Spurs at the moment I do think there are circumstances, some self inflicted some very much not. Time out from the sending off broke up his rhythm of that I have not doubt which is of course his own doing but equally the mass injury and changing or personnel in what is and always will be for me the most important area and thats the engine room. He was out, then Sarr was out, then Bentancur looks to becoming back, then isn't, thats alot of mixing and matching in an area that has some many functions with the defence and the attack.

I don't think we can underestimate losing Madders here either, his ability to take the ball in areas means the midfield can give it quicker and also his ability to keep the ball advances everyone up the pitch and thats part of why IMO we have not seen him bursting in the box as he was earlier on

I wish everybody would stop singling out individual mistakes. Ange wants more risks (more costly mistakes), in order to score more goals, and provide more entertainment. He's playing the percentages, whilst also acknowledging that players will make mistakes anyway as they are human, so why not make mistakes acceptable, rather than putting the fear into players. By singling out individuals, you are being counterproductive to what Ange is trying to install - playing without fear.

I hate to be that guy but what you said tells me you didn't really pay attention to Xavi. In 09/10 Xavi got 16 assists, that is in one season more assists than Demebele got in TOTAL for his entire Tottenham career.

Xavi was an assist machine. I think you need to go watch a Xavi highlights reel if you think he wasn't one of their creative players 🤣

You're right though goals and assists aren't everything for a midfielder. Passing range and execution are just as important imo and Demebele was poor on those areas as well. He was a world class dribbler (in defensive areas, so limited use) but he was no world class player. People confuse a world class attribute (his dribbling) with an actual world class player. Demebele as good as he was for us in very specific contexts was never a world class player.
How many of his goals and assists were from open play? He took their corners and freekicks, i’m sure Dembele’s stats would be better if he was a set piece taker.

And Xavi may have been a bad example but to be fair, i could have got at least 5 assists a season in that team.

How many of his goals and assists were from open play? He took their corners and freekicks, i’m sure Dembele’s stats would be better if he was a set piece taker.
My brother go and watch a compilation video. I don't think you watched Xavi play, he was a thread of the needle passer. Through-ball was his middle name. 🤣

Do you know why that team was that good? A very large part of it was a little playmaker named Xavi.

Dembele couldn't take freekicks or corners due to his poor passing and kicking technique so that comparison isn't in your arguments favour. Would Dembele have gotten 5 assists for them in place of Xavi? I'm honestly not sure.

Edit.

Truth to be told Dembele would never have played for them in that era. They wanted passers and deadly passers at that. Demebele's skillset was all wrong for them.

Back