• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

And since that sending off he played Vs Palace, then the game against Chelsea where other players lost their heads and the last game without Maddison.

Without Maddison (and even Udogie ) you just need to have someone sit on Bissouma and you stop our midfield. Hojbjerg and Sarr don't offer them selves as much or able to turn players as easy as those 3.

Last edited:
Ever since the Luton game he has gone missing....

Some of it was tactical as other teams targeted him as our main press Turner. But yesterday he was just absent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bissouma has some small strain or injury. Very few players are 100% fit.

Often times people will criticise a player in poor form, then find out later they have been playing with injuries e.g. Skipp;s pubis, Richie's groin, Son's issues, Dier's appendicitis, loads of examples.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bissouma has some small strain or injury. Very few players are 100% fit.

Often times people will criticise a player in poor form, then find out later they have been playing with injuries e.g. Skipp;s pubis, Richie's groin, Son's issues, Dier's appendicitis, loads of examples.
And then sometimes it can be used as an excuse.

You have to laugh at some fans, a couple of weeks ago he was being praised as a top player and now some are saying he is not good enough.

Its going to be a long season, some seem intent to go all in one way or the other. He is obviously a very good player, 11 games in a season is impossible to judge his season

Who is saying he is not good enough?

Nobody but you're never going to stop an old man yelling at clouds. Even if there were fans that thought he wasn't good enough, people are allowed to hold different opinions but this concept always seems to blow some people's minds. You'll always have folks who imagine people moaning and then moan about that fictional moaning.

For me Yves just has to show to bit more footballing intelligence, he's not quite looked himself since the Luton red card but as others have said hopefully now the suspensions will finally be cleared. I don't think many would argue against taking someone out to stop a counter at a crucial point in the game but so many of his and Destiny's bookings have been completely unnecessary - As we have no strong back up for either it's not ideal losing both of them regularly to suspensions..

For me Yves just has to show to bit more footballing intelligence, he's not quite looked himself since the Luton red card but as others have said hopefully now the suspensions will finally be cleared. I don't think many would argue against taking someone out to stop a counter at a crucial point in the game but so many of his and Destiny's bookings have been completely unnecessary - As we have no strong back up for either it's not ideal losing both of them regularly to suspensions..
I agree
stupidity is excusable once
it can’t become a habit

destiny can learn for sure

bissouma can too but we need to see that so City when we really need his A game

I agree
stupidity is excusable once
it can’t become a habit

destiny can learn for sure

bissouma can too but we need to see that so City when we really need his A game

Bissouma is a player who can spar with the very best. You can question his consistency. He is not always on his A game. He has lapses and makes mistakes. But when on his game, with the right players around him, he can perform and beat the best.

Bissouma is a player who can spar with the very best. You can question his consistency. He is not always on his A game. He has lapses and makes mistakes. But when on his game, with the right players around him, he can perform and beat the best.
We have seen that already
But we have also seen dumb Bissouma
And also a “reluctant” Bissouma (with the yellows hanging over him)
We need him back to being the Boss

We have seen that already
But we have also seen dumb Bissouma
And also a “reluctant” Bissouma (with the yellows hanging over him)
We need him back to being the Boss

He can be naive. And just switches off at times. But when in his pomp he's awesome. Ii back Ange to bolster him. Though he has something of Dembele in him. He can do it all, but rarely passes the last defender or gets a shot off. I actually think he has more than Dembele did in an attacking sense, and he could turn into a more rounded midfielder getting 5-10 goals a season easily. He's 27 so these next couple of years are his time.

He can be naive. And just switches off at times. But when in his pomp he's awesome. Ii back Ange to bolster him. Though he has something of Dembele in him. He can do it all, but rarely passes the last defender or gets a shot off. I actually think he has more than Dembele did in an attacking sense, and he could turn into a more rounded midfielder getting 5-10 goals a season easily. He's 27 so these next couple of years are his time.
He is no where near the level of Dembele yet. Dembele carried a midfield on his own.

He is no where near the level of Dembele yet. Dembele carried a midfield on his own.
For me at least, Bissouma is more skillful and has the ability to attack the box more than Dembeke did. Dembeles greatest asset was as a disruptor. He’d suck in one or two players often leave them sprawled on the ground and create space. But that was it. He didn’t have much more. I think Bissouma does have more… hopefully he’ll unleash it.

For me at least, Bissouma is more skillful and has the ability to attack the box more than Dembeke did. Dembeles greatest asset was as a disruptor. He’d suck in one or two players often leave them sprawled on the ground and create space. But that was it. He didn’t have much more. I think Bissouma does have more… hopefully he’ll unleash it.

Disrupting play is buzzing around players being a bit annoying, Dembele brought a whole lot more than that. Whilst I don't think he was as perfect as many like to remember I do think you're doing him a huge disservice in your assessment. He made opponents look like children as they just couldn't get anywhere close to knocking him off the ball and he was skillful without being flashy with step overs and the like. If you also expected him to be able to beat 3 players and then bang one in the top corner or put in a defense splitting pass you might be better making some kind of Zidane / Yaya Toure / Seedorf / Scholes clone but if they become self aware they aren't going to play for Spurs for too long unfortunately.

I'm not trying to be down on Bissouma but to suggest he has more than Dembele, the guys had about 8 very good games for us and he's 27 as you say. On a confident day he is very skillful as you say, it's almost paid off in some sublime moves that could have been wonderful goals, one against Utd iirc. We have some tough games coming up and could do with him back to his best after the suspension, nobody wants his period of looking excellent to be a short lived thing.

Back