• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

YOUR England 23 man World cup squad

Pace, pace, pace, pace and more pace, go at teams hell for leather...

Sterling, Townsend, Sturridge, Henderson, Ox, Walker all have bags of pace

Barkley, Gerrard, Rooney, Llanana for the creative spark and fantastic set piece delivery too

You never know it may not be as bad as we all have felt at times

there finally seems to be an air of pressure released from the shoulders of the nation as a whole, so maybe!

GK

Hart, Foster, Forster

Defenders

Walker, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Baines

Midfield

Townsend, Sterling, Gerrard, Barkley, Carrick, Wheelchair, Lallana, The Ox

Forwards

Rooney, Sturridge, Lambert, Defoe

Good. It would be a backwards step. England have got no chance of winning in Brazil, so we should concentrate on building towards the next Euros.

interesting that its come from Hodgson though, surely its up to Terry whether he comes out of international retirement or not? The story should be, "even if he does, i'm still not picking him".

GK

Hart, Ruddy, Butland (just for youth- insert other youth keeper)

Full Backs

Walker, Shaw (youth), Baines, Smalling (cover for central defence also)

Central Defence
Jagielka, Dawson (need a blood and thunder defender in the place of Terry), Jones (smalling makes the 4th central defender)

Wide midfielders/Wingers

Townsend, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana (counts as an attacking mid as well) , Lennon (I know he's off form and the like, I just feel he is a good option to have- either as an easy out ball when under pressure, a spur (pun intended) for counter attacks or for his tracking back)

Central
Carrick, Barry, Henderson, scum midfielder
Forwards

Rooney (possibly playing in the hole if with another striker), Sturridge, Lambert, Defoe[/QUOTE]

Hart, Forster, Ruddy

Cole*, Gibbs, Walker, G.Johnson, P.Jones, C.Smalling, M.Richards, Jagielka, Cahill

Carrick, Gerrard, Wheelchair, Cleverley, Henderson

Milner, OxChamberlain, Lennon

Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck

*would take baines, only if cole never plays

Crazy that we went from King, Terry, Ferdinand and Campbell to Cahill, Jones, Smalling and Jagielka.

i think we've just dropped a notch throughout the whole team man for man compared to the "golden generation". but maybe this lot can be a better overall unit.

England squad to face Denmark (pre convenient injury withdrawals):

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Emirates Marketing Project), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Emirates Marketing Project), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wheelchair (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

BhgBnlhCEAAvZj7.jpg

I'm a fan of huddlestone. But in all honesty, he isnt suited/good enough for the level England want to play at. I would never pick him ahead of even squad players like henderson and cleverley.

and even when you compare him with gareth barry, he's at a disadvantage there too because of the higher level of experience that barry has.

Huddlestone > Cleverley for me though. I think it should be on merit and right now Cleverley has none.

i just think huddlestone is too immobile for the very top level tbh. everyone knows he is technically adept but when we decided to let him go, Hull were the best team that wanted him. that says a lot about how he is rated by managers. also, despite his good form, i don't really see any better teams wanting him either. i think england can do better than having a hull city midfielder in their 23 man sqaud.

I struggle to understand how Wheelchair gets a starting place, an amazing prospect a couple of years ago, but since the injuries I've not seen him have a good game. He was a passenger last night. Highlighted by his replacement Lallana changing the game when he came on.

Back