• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your controversial Spurs views

1) Having a 60k stadium is a waste of space when 50k will be adequate
2) To many of us are still more preocupied with arsenals demise than our gradual improvement
3) Adebayor will turn out to be a mistake in the long run. We were frustrated by him last season, it will only get worse.

1) Having a 60k stadium is a waste of space when 50k will be adequate
2) To many of us are still more preocupied with arsenals demise than our gradual improvement
3) Adebayor will turn out to be a mistake in the long run. We were frustrated by him last season, it will only get worse.

Definitely don't think he is the answer. Won't be happy if he is the only striker we sign this summer.

1) I hate the way fans expect loyalty from players. A player plays well for your club and you pay them for it, thats the end of it. Spurs fans claiming that Modric somehow owes us something because we bought him over to England is preposterous. Equally, the way RvP is slandered by Gooners on forums because of his statement, when in reality what he said made a lot of sense. Also, the way fans will say things like 'Now everyone knows we have to sell him'. Guess what sherlock, every top club in the world would have known that with or without the statement, thats what an agent is for. It was for the benefit of the fans so they aren't kept in the dark, and something to be applauded IMO.

2) On the same topic, how fans rave about players they have never seen and rate them as better than players we have. The reality is that when you watch a player every week, you see the kind of flaws that you won't see in other teams players.

3) The way fans bitch about not picking up an unknown player X who a worse team took a chance on, Passis Cisse for instance. A team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine makes a great signing and everyone complains about how their team can't find players like that. When buying players from overseas, it's pot luck. Get used to it.

4) I didn't really rate Modric for the first couple years, and I think he is a bit overrated now. A great player no doubt and want him to stay, but I don't really see what he does to make the team so amazing. He works hard, seems to almost always make the right decisions when in possession and knows when to play is simple and when to try something complicated, but is that enough for all the hype? Perhaps I'm underrating those qualities

Don't rate Livermore either. Not good enough on the ball and at times looks like he's barely keeping up with the pace of the game.

1. I don't rate Adebayor at all. Not nearly good enough at being what he is supposed to be, but still the only one who remotely can fill the role he is given. He is just poor at it, and 8 games out of 10 he looks like he doesn't give a brick.
2. Jenas is a good player, but he is plain as water. Like a breakfast cereal without any taste, or vodka amongst cognacs. He is also very good at being something we don't need.
3. I agree with the sentiments against Klinsmann, a great striker but nowhere near a legend at Spurs.
4. I also dislike Chelsea quite a bit more than Arsenal.
5. Lennon is our most important player, bar Modric and Bale.
6. I want Berbatov back.

Glenn Hoddle is a brick manager. I said this on here some years ago and most of you reacted like I'd just given your missus a glass bottom boat then raped your dog.

1. Many a time last season I was sympathetic to Luka wanting to leave. He'd receive a pass into the midriff, kill the ball, slip past two players and make space for himself only to see everyone around him standing still behind opposition players. Hopefully they'll be coached into finding space better this season (and Luka will stay). I think he could be the man to replace Xavi at Barca when he calls it a day, he would thrive in that team and I wouldn't envy him that opportunity. Not so happy for him to go to Madrid or PSG.

2. Chris Waddle would have graced any team in the world the season he left Spurs and the first couple of seasons at Marseille.

I was born in the mid-late 90s. My controversial view is that Harry Redknapp was the best thing that happened to Tottenham in my lifetime.

1, I have never understood the praise Ginola get from Spurs fans, he was a good player in a team full of crap players. If he was the greatest around ( as many think) he would have a better CV of clubs then Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Us, A.Villa and Everton. I hear so many fans say he is the best winger we have had, he is not fit to lace Waddles boots.

2, I think the Hudd is the most overated player at the club.

I don't rate Luka, its funny that people rate him so highly, but I see an average player that doesn't excel at anything (apart from passes with the outside of his foot). I certainly don't see a 40m player.

:ross::ross::ross:
Christ. Football really is all about opinions.

1) I hate the way fans expect loyalty from players. A player plays well for your club and you pay them for it, thats the end of it. Spurs fans claiming that Modric somehow owes us something because we bought him over to England is preposterous. Equally, the way RvP is slandered by Gooners on forums because of his statement, when in reality what he said made a lot of sense. Also, the way fans will say things like 'Now everyone knows we have to sell him'. Guess what sherlock, every top club in the world would have known that with or without the statement, thats what an agent is for. It was for the benefit of the fans so they aren't kept in the dark, and something to be applauded IMO.

2) On the same topic, how fans rave about players they have never seen and rate them as better than players we have. The reality is that when you watch a player every week, you see the kind of flaws that you won't see in other teams players.

3) The way fans bitch about not picking up an unknown player X who a worse team took a chance on, Passis Cisse for instance. A team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine makes a great signing and everyone complains about how their team can't find players like that. When buying players from overseas, it's pot luck. Get used to it.

4) I didn't really rate Modric for the first couple years, and I think he is a bit overrated now. A great player no doubt and want him to stay, but I don't really see what he does to make the team so amazing. He works hard, seems to almost always make the right decisions when in possession and knows when to play is simple and when to try something complicated, but is that enough for all the hype? Perhaps I'm underrating those qualities
Oh look, you answered your own question!

Last edited:
we're both wrong, we finished 10th.....which makes my point even more valid. He was a bluffer!!

1 Arsenal 38 15 4 0 51 10 9 9 1 23 8 74 18 +56 83
2 Liverpool 38 14 3 2 42 13 9 4 6 35 27 77 40 +37 76
3 Crystal Palace 38 11 6 2 26 17 9 3 7 24 24 50 41 +9 69 [2]
4 Leeds United 38 12 2 5 46 23 7 5 7 19 24 65 47 +18 64 [2]
5 Emirates Marketing Project 38 12 3 4 35 25 5 8 6 29 28 64 53 +11 62
6 Manchester United 38 11 4 4 34 17 5 8 6 24 28 58 45 +13 59
7 Wimbledon 38 8 6 5 28 22 6 8 5 25 24 53 46 +7 56
8 Nottingham Forest 38 11 4 4 42 21 3 8 8 23 29 65 50 +15 54
9 Everton 38 9 5 5 26 15 4 7 8 24 31 50 46 +4 51
10 Tottenham Hotspur 38 8 9 2 35 22 3 7 9 16 28 51 50 +1 49

We finished 3rd in 1990 fella. I thought the 8th reference and having two of England's best players was about his highest finish. Well, he had two higher finishes than that. 6th in 1989 and 3rd in 1990. The following season was when we were broke and hadn't signed anyone for about 2 years. We had about 15 players left. He rightly then rested players in the league, especially Gazza, to concentrate on the cup. Would you rather we'd got 3rd again or something and lost to Arsenal or Forest? He could have done that playing our tiny squad flat out in the league. I'd say he was quite smart with the way he approached the situation.

Quite smart to make a gamble that we would win the cup whilst jeopardising our league form?

Or quite lucky that the gamble came off? Lucky maybe not the right word but I hope you understand my sentiment.

I'm a Venables fan, mainly because he was the first Spurs manager that I was aware of whilst developing my support of the team and the FA Cup win was a very happy day! :D

Back