• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your controversial Spurs views

I think Huddlestone would more than fill Modric's boots if he left. (albeit, not as a direct replacement)

Agree. Modric is a very, very tidy player, but is replaceable. I would sell him for 35mil in a heartbeat. We have yet to see the best of THudd and I think he could flourish in a 3-man central midfield partnership.

Other thoughts...

Ian Walker was brick. His hair was worse.

Corluka was over-rated. Decent, but nothing more.

Danny Thomas is the best RB we've had in my lifetime.

Clive Allen was a one-season wonder.

Always rated Mark Falco very highly.

Jenas should have been a long-distance runner instead of a footballer.

Crouchy is a good all-around footballer. We could've played much better if we didn't just hoof balls into the box for him to nod down.

Van der Vaart is over-rated.

I put Andy Booth straight into my Yahoo! Fantasy Football team when we signed him on loan.

(this feels more like confession.)

Jenas IS a quality player. (Think he could be a masterpiece in AVB's system)

I truly want us to sell Modric.

Gio should start atleast 20 games a year

We should sell Parker in this window and give Livermore the backup role to Sandro.

Not against selling BAE either...

BAE is the single most overrated player in our team

Corluka was the single most overrated player in our team

Gio could have been so much more under Redknapp

van der Vaart is terribly unappreciated in our team

Current Spurs squad

* I don't rate Tom Huddlestone as much as most. In fact i think he's criminally overrated on here.

* I didn't think Steven Caulker was as good as people are making out last season at Swansea and based on what i've seen i do not have high hopes for him.

* I think we can play just as well as we are now whilst being faaaar more effective without Luka Modric. Good player but he's not vital to our team imho and a Luka type playmaker is overrated in this league.

* I think selling William Gallas is a big mistake.

* I think Scott Parker is a superb DM.

Previous Spurs players

* Chris Armstrong was a good striker.
* Ruel fox on his day was a damn good winger.
* I liked andy Sinton.
* Darren Anderton is a spurs legend.
* Teddy Sheringham seems like an utter ****.
* I hated Robbie Keane and thought he was more about himself than the club (was proved right).

Hope not. I agree with you on Caulker. I'm not seeing it just yet. I'm just hoping someone flicks the switch to make him world class overnight as Naybet did with King.

On an aside, has Ledley ever mentioned the influence of Naybet on him? Or is it just the fans who have assumed this?

Wait a minute, we sold gallas? When that happen???

Glenn Hoddle, not much better than Jenas

I am assuming that is a joke? Otherwise :rolleyes:

Probably not THAT controversial but - 99% of the posters on Glory Glory (including me) know FAR less about football than they think they do.

I want Sandro to be picked in our first team ahead of Parker. I think Parker has been ok, but I think people get too excited by him when really he isn't so wonderful. What confuses me though about Parker is how he used to be good with the ball, in his early 20s, and appears to be less so now.

Pavlyuchenko was one of our worst ever signings. At £12m+, I can't understand why we paid so much for a player who didn't impress me in Euro 2008 and looked rubbish bar from his hit & hope goals when he played for us.

I am assuming that is a joke? Otherwise :rolleyes:

Probably not THAT controversial but - 99% of the posters on Glory Glory (including me) know FAR less about football than they think they do.
Of course.

Ok this is the one. You ready?

Ginger Pele wasn't quite as good as Pele

Confused as to why our young players are always over rated. Caulker has long time to go until ready for our first team and yet some would almost throw him in there now. Kane doesn't look all that good, to me, either and I very much doubt that he will be a success for us. We rarely have young players who make a full name and yet every new youngster gets over hyped before they do anything.

Confused as to why our young players are always over rated. Caulker has long time to go until ready for our first team and yet some would almost throw him in there now. Kane doesn't look all that good, to me, either and I very much doubt that he will be a success for us. We rarely have young players who make a full name and yet every new youngster gets over hyped before they do anything.

At least Caulker has EPL experience .... Coubillay is still only 17 and there are regular calls for him too get a 1st team run!!

Happen to agree but think the only way is fr Caulker to be bloodied ..... Cup games, Euro League (with a strong partner) on the bench - or another loan to a mid tablle EPL team like Fulham.

Back on topic - I always thought we ruined Rebrov. Thought Vinny Samways was going to be brilliant, the new Ossie, couldn't understand the 'Sir' Les love-in either. Thought Ruel Fox and Jose Dominguez both got a hard time. Still think there is a football managerial genius lost somewhere inside Hoddle's head.

Got only one now from the top of my head, will write some more later;

Ginola is waaaay overrated.

:D

I was gutted when we sold Nick Barmby as I thought he was going to be great player for us in to the future. I couldn't understand why we sold him & found out later than most as was on holiday at the time and saw the story on the back of 'yesterday's" newspaper of the time.

-Van der Vaart is a great player,but we played better football without him in the team
-Walker is a mediocre player
-Harry is a lucky manager,considering all his tactical "master pieces" were forced - Modric to CM,Bale LM....
-Defoe,Dawson and Hudd are actually all good players

Back