• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Semi Finals

Wasn't a great game. Lukaku should have got on the end of the De Bruyne driven cross late on. I'd almost rather play France than Belgium. With Giroud in the team it's almost as though they play with ten men.

I do think it’s pretty harsh that whoever wins tomorrow (It’s coming home) gets one less day rest. Could make all the difference especially if it goes to extra time. Why couldn’t they have both games tomorrow?

France have to travel to Moscow though, tomorrow nights winners are already there.

They didn't do well in the final third. On another day, it might've been different. Lost to a set-piece goal; them's the breaks. At least the mercenary cheat didn't prosper. They'll relax and beat England* in the 3rd place playoff.

*Edit: or perhaps Croatia. Either way, France are winning it now IMO.

Last edited:
Belgium are strong all round with two great creative players. France are all about power and pace and Mbappe hitting teams on the break with (I don't see them as strong in midfield).

I'd like France to win because they are the weaker team, and to see Spurs players as both WC final captains

Ouch, nonsense in hindsight.

De Bruyne and Hazard did zero. Mertens came on and did more in 10 minutes.

France have a VERY powerful midfield trio with Kante Pogba Matuidi, they shut the game down today.

Just over an hour flying so not too tiring.

True, but they still have to pack, get to the airport, fly, get to the hotel, settle, learn new layouts, train in new facilities.

It’s not much of an advantage to already be there but it probably offsets the extra days rest.

True, but they still have to pack, get to the airport, fly, get to the hotel, settle, learn new layouts, train in new facilities.

It’s not much of an advantage to already be there but it probably offsets the extra days rest.

True enough.
But thinking about it, we are based near st Petersburg anyway. Play in Moscow tomorrow night, then back to St P base, then (hopefully) back to Moscow again for Sunday. So not real advantage for us either.

True enough.
But thinking about it, we are based near st Petersburg anyway. Play in Moscow tomorrow night, then back to St P base, then (hopefully) back to Moscow again for Sunday. So not real advantage for us either.

Oh, I assumed we’d moved to Moscow on Sunday?

France looked an almost complete team. Like the 1998 team, they were strong in defence and midfield, with someone forgettable at #9.

Really disappointed that Belgium lost to France and failed to qualify to their first ever World Cup final. After their win over Brazil in the Quarter Final, thought Belgium will go all the way to win the World Cup but they never turned up against France. As expected, this was a very tight match with very few goal scoring chances. Apart from a shot on goal which was saved brilliantly by Lloris, Belgium didn't look like scoring. Lloris has been in great form and is one of the main reason France are now in the Final of this World Cup. France are fully deserved to be in the Final as they had to beat 3 South American teams (Peru, Argentina and Uruguay) on their way to the Final. Feel sorry about Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Dembele but I think all 3 of them were not at their best in this World Cup, especially Dembele. Belgium never looked convincing in this World Cup and were very fortunate to beat Japan in Round Of 16 and Brazil in the Quarter Final.

France have now qualified to the final of the last 3 World Cups in Europe : France 1998, Germany 2006 and now Russia 2018. It seems France only does well when the World Cup is in Europe. It is annoying to note that France played out the boring 0-0 draw with Denmark in the group stage despite being strong enough to beat any team. It is the only match to finish in a 0-0 draw in this World Cup and history books won't forgive France for that regardless of how they do in the Final.

It is now official that Belgium, just like their neighbours Netherlands, are the biggest bottlers in World Cup history. Remember, Netherlands have lost 3 World Cup Finals while Belgium didn't even qualify for any final despite having many world class players and being the favourites in the last 2 World Cups. I think Belgium can forget about ever winning the World Cup as they just don't have the winning mentality, just like Netherlands. This Belgium team and all those media and the pundits who hyped them up should be sued for fooling the football world for the past 5 years. We were promised Belgium were good enough to win the World Cup 2014, Euro 2016 and now World Cup 2018 but they didn't turn up in any of those, playing like a bunch of school kids most of the time.

France looked an almost complete team. Like the 1998 team, they were strong in defence and midfield, with someone forgettable at #9.

Yeah, apart from a striker, they look pretty complete. Not really impressive, but solid. I reckon they'll win it, unfortunately. Hopefully England can crank it up a notch tonight, create chances from open play and get a bit more creative and fun to watch going forward.

That's kind of it for Belgium. Most of that team will have long retired by the next world cup.

I think poor coaches have cost them the most. And the Flemish/Walloon division issue

Back