• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

win at Everton and..

Ganter

Erik Edman
I just realized that if (BIG BIG IF) we draw or win at Everton, we could be safe in 3rd spot by Christmas. I don´t see Chelsea picking up a lot of points with moral at all time low and Rafa having no control over the dressing room. We are in for a serious streak after yesterday if we can manage a good result at Goodison.

next games after Everton are:

Swansea at HOME
Stoke at HOME
Aston Villa AWAY

IMHO, those games are more than win-able with our recent form.

dare to dream the two Manchester teams losing points over xmas?

creaming my pants, and with Bale out, Swansea at home is a perfect game for Sigurðsson to show what he is made off

Stoke worry me, we've had difficulties against then in the past and they have been defensively solid this season. I think there's good chance of dropped points.

I think we'll beat Everton. A bold statement, maybe, but I think Defoe has the form about him that will see us take our chances this season.

And don't forget our winning form is only three wins deep. Our losing form was similarly embedded and we didn't lose any of the last 3.

Swansea wont be easy - they just beat Arse 2-0 and they are an impressive outfit.

Stoke - as usual wont be easy they will battle it out.

A Villa - seem to raise their game against the top teams and we are a top team.

Everton are looking very good this season - they normally only start playing good football until after Christmas.

I think we'll do very well to go there on Sunday and come away with a point.

I know this is cliched but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Take each game at a time and providing the players do their best, we make a good game of it then I'll be pleased with the performances and the results will hopefully follow.

This is Spurs we are talking about. We will probably lose two of those above matches.

To add to your post.

After the 3 games you listed we also follow those with

Sunderland Away
Reading Home
QPR Away

Six games on the bounce, before the visit of United, which we are more than capable of winning, not saying we will pick up 18pts. But the fixtures are not the worst in the world you could have over xmas.
I was hoping we could get 4pts from Fulham and Everton to stay in touch, so yesterday was a massive 3pts for me.

We seem to say every time, but this next transfer window could be massive. Hopefully we could be sat in 3rd or 4th after New Years Day, if DL and AVB can agree on a hitlist and sort the signings out early, another Top 4 finish is definitely on.

I'm not thinking of Manchester clubs, from Day one I thought it would be a two-horse race. I'll admit I began to doubt it when Chelsea had 22pts from 8 games. but it looks like they may sail off into the distance.

Tough game at Goodison next Sunday, if we come away with the draw I'll be more than happy. A win and I might dare to dream

Remember last season? All my brother banged on about was our easy run towards end of the season? The one that included stoke at home Norwich at home villa away Sunderland away and qpr away. Let's just take every Madame as it comes.

Plus after all those games, we might have a nearer fit squad and so stronger going in to the second half of the season.

Remember last season? All my brother banged on about was our easy run towards end of the season? The one that included stoke at home Norwich at home villa away Sunderland away and qpr away. Let's just take every Madame as it comes.

Totally agree. There are no easy game in the Premiership. I tend to describe games as more preferable than others. I would certainly prefer to have to visit Villa and Sunderland over xmas, than have to go Arsenal and Chelsea.

I have to admit I was one of those that looked at that run last season and thought we would do well in those fixtures. but we obviously didnt, although I still think we were suffering from the England/Harry factor. No coincidence that once it was all sorted we finished the last few games unbeaten,
We'll never know, but I still believe had the whole thing been sorted in March, like it really should have been, we would have finished the season in a far better shape, maybe even with a Cup final appearance behind us.

Bloody FA.....

And a couple of new signings?? [-o<

I think that is important - crucially important as far as im concerned. It would be akin to stepping on the gas when youre already doing 70 mph rather than slowing down. It would be the catalyst for the second half of the season. Some creative though as the second half is generally tougher due to teams battling it out to stay up and team battling it out for european place etc

A couple of new signings..who are an improvement on what we have and in the positions that need strengthening!

A couple of new signings..who are an improvement on what we have and in the positions that need strengthening!

With it being the Jan window, the real quality targets may not be available. It may be a case of buying 2 possibly 3 decent squad players. I'd like to us add a CM (I'm thinking Parker may be sold) and a back-up forward, possibly another CB too.
If we progress in EL and have a half-decent cup run, I think we will need to add to the squad as the games thick and fast, especially with our luck with injuries.

To answer your question, for me I would say Llornete and Moutinho would be improvements on what we have, but I really doubt we will be signing them in any coming window,never mind January.

Everton would have injured him anyway so at least we won't have to waste a sub.

I would have thought most realise by now that we never ever have easy games. I can see problems galore v Swansea, Stoke. Everton is always tough

Everton would have injured him anyway so at least we won't have to waste a sub.

I think it might be a blessing in disguise to have bale out for this. We will go there with a different strategy and it may fool them.

Back