• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

We are Tottenham

Kasey Keller
He was our player ! was'nt he ?.

I still cant believe how chelscum stole him...

Mourinho knew it would tip the scales if he was ours...

cheating scumbags ...

win at any cost,,,..

Was gutted at the time, but not that bothered we missed out on him. Especially at the price paid.

- Chelsea signed Willian, we signed Eriksen.
- Southampton stopped us signing Schneiderlin, we promted Mason
- Goons signed Welbeck, we promoted Kane.

So, in the end from those three 'humiliations' we gained one of the best no. 10s in the World, the best striker we've had since Klinsmann and the heartbeat of the team.

By in large, three of the biggest blessings in disguise we've ever had :)

Yup, we ended up spending more & getting a worse player for it...fantastic! :(

Not sure Lamela is that worse than Willian. I think both Willian and Lamela have had similiar mediocre impact for their clubs this season. Willian has 4 goals and 4 assists in 37 matches in all competitions, while Lamela has 4 goals and 6 assists in 34 matches so far this season. Last season, Willian had 4 goals and 7 assists in 34 matches in all competitions while Lamela only played 9 matches and got 1 assist. Don't forget Willian is supposed to be more experienced as he will be 27 and Lamela 23 this season. Also, remember we signed another talented Brazilian who has turned into a mediocre player : Paulinho.

- Chelsea signed Willian, we signed Eriksen.
- Southampton stopped us signing Schneiderlin, we promted Mason
- Goons signed Welbeck, we promoted Kane.

So, in the end from those three 'humiliations' we gained one of the best no. 10s in the World, the best striker we've had since Klinsmann and the heartbeat of the team.

By in large, three of the biggest blessings in disguise we've ever had :)

I love Kane, but the best striker since Klinsmann? Better than Berbatov or Keane? He certainly could be, and he's had a fantastic season. But let's not get carried away.

Not sure Lamela is that worse than Willian. I think both Willian and Lamela have had similiar mediocre impact for their clubs this season. Willian has 4 goals and 4 assists in 37 matches in all competitions, while Lamela has 4 goals and 6 assists in 34 matches so far this season. Last season, Willian had 4 goals and 7 assists in 34 matches in all competitions while Lamela only played 9 matches and got 1 assist. Don't forget Willian is supposed to be more experienced as he will be 27 and Lamela 23 this season. Also, remember we signed another talented Brazilian who has turned into a mediocre player : Paulinho.

If you're basing Willian's contribution to the team on just goals and assists you're seriously underestimating how good he is! Watch his game, he is a very very willing worker given his position and, dare i say it, his nationality. I think his time at Shakhtar has made him a seriously good team player. He tracks back so well and does more than his fair share of covering for the full back - far more than Townsend and Lamela do put together!! He nullifies a lot of attacks by having the right positional sense, whilst his speed and ball control make him a perfect outlet for a counter attack.
So he doesn't get as many goals and assists as he should do, he is more than that to a team that have those qualities in plenty of other positions (Hazard, Fibreglass, Costa for example). He's currently keeping Oscar out of the team too, which is no mean feat.

For me, we missed out on a serious player here that would suit Poch's system to a tee.

Willian and Lamela have looked similar to me and the stats suggest the same, except Lamela had his injury and is 4 years younger. The work rate aspect is similar, Lamela and Willian run and run. Willian retains possession alot better though.

If you're basing Willian's contribution to the team on just goals and assists you're seriously underestimating how good he is! Watch his game, he is a very very willing worker given his position and, dare i say it, his nationality. I think his time at Shakhtar has made him a seriously good team player. He tracks back so well and does more than his fair share of covering for the full back - far more than Townsend and Lamela do put together!! He nullifies a lot of attacks by having the right positional sense, whilst his speed and ball control make him a perfect outlet for a counter attack.
So he doesn't get as many goals and assists as he should do, he is more than that to a team that have those qualities in plenty of other positions (Hazard, Fibreglass, Costa for example). He's currently keeping Oscar out of the team too, which is no mean feat.

For me, we missed out on a serious player here that would suit Poch's system to a tee.

Frankly, I think Lamela has contributed more to us than Willian had done for Chelsea this season. Apart from the goals and assists, there have been many occasions where Lamela created good goal scoring chances for us but were wasted by our strikers, particularly Soldado. Even in the League Cup Final, Lamela only came in the 71st min but were unlucky not to score as his chance were deflected away from him by Kane.

Yep, and whereas on the other hand I'm not convinced Lamela would start for them. But, maybe he'd be better in their team than our's? Then again, I'm pretty sure Townsend wouldn't start for them, yet he's keeping out Lamela here at times?

Back