• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

I'd usually have doubts if someone mentioned it could be Arsenal or Chelsea he's off too but with the whole history between him and AVB and apparently texting eachother and AVB being a keen admirer of Willian as obvious from when he was manager at Chelsea as well as last season, I'm confident he'll be a Spurs player if all goes well.

This would be the creativity we need though. I always felt that we didn't really need a playmaking central midfielder as we have the beast overload there so we needed that extra creativity to come outwide/advanced (Silva, Mata, Isco, Cazorla) etc. and Willian would provide that for us.

If we get Willian, surely Bale would think highly of our chances to challenge for the title no??

I mean:

Willian - Soldado - Bale
Paulinho - Dembele
Sandro
Rose - Vertonghen - Kaboul - Walker
Lloris​

Bench Options: Dawson, Holtby, Lennon, Chadli, Siggurdson, Capoue, Townsend, Carroll, Freidel

with the options from the bench considered, that has got to be stronger than just about every team we'll come up against. would guess Carroll and Townsend would get a loan move surely.

course it matters not if we're only buying these players just because we have the Bale money to come shortly

If we get Willian, surely Bale would think highly of our chances to challenge for the title no??

I mean:

Willian - Soldado - Bale
Paulinho - Dembele
Sandro
Rose - Vertonghen - Kaboul - Walker
Lloris​

Bench Options: Dawson, Holtby, Lennon, Chadli, Siggurdson, Capoue, Townsend, Carroll, Freidel

with the options from the bench considered, that has got to be stronger than just about every team we'll come up against. would guess Carroll and Townsend would get a loan move surely.

course it matters not if we're only buying these players just because we have the Bale money to come shortly

No way can we afford Willian without selling Bale

No way can we afford Willian without selling Bale

yeah honestly thats what I'm thinking to but just wanted to dream for a bit...

Although if we get Willian and Lamela (who's apparently to be signed on just 65k/week??) i think we'll be just fine.

BSHhw8_CAAAtIsO.jpg:large

According to twitter arriving for medical at a hotel.

This is done.

here's the liverpool point of view:

http://www.theguardian.com/global/b...er-news-latest-cabaye-willian-fellaini-baines

"And here is our Merseyside correspondent Andy Hunter explaining Liverpool's thinking over Willian

Liverpool are resigned to defeat in the pursuit of Willian, which is a good job having been out-bid by Tottenham and with the Brazilian reportedly undergoing a medical in London. The Anfield club were first to move for the midfielder following news of the budget-slashing at Anzhi Makhachkala and had made good progress on a £30m deal by the weekend, albeit without taking his signature for granted having missed out on Henrik Mkhitaryan and Diego Costa. That caution was well-placed when Spurs arrived with a better offer to both Anzhi and the player. Liverpool refused to go above their initial valuation and Willian is White Hart Lane bound as a result."

This is done.

here's the liverpool point of view:

http://www.theguardian.com/global/b...er-news-latest-cabaye-willian-fellaini-baines

"And here is our Merseyside correspondent Andy Hunter explaining Liverpool's thinking over Willian

Liverpool are resigned to defeat in the pursuit of Willian, which is a good job having been out-bid by Tottenham and with the Brazilian reportedly undergoing a medical in London. The Anfield club were first to move for the midfielder following news of the budget-slashing at Anzhi Makhachkala and had made good progress on a £30m deal by the weekend, albeit without taking his signature for granted having missed out on Henrik Mkhitaryan and Diego Costa. That caution was well-placed when Spurs arrived with a better offer to both Anzhi and the player. Liverpool refused to go above their initial valuation and Willian is White Hart Lane bound as a result."

I don't think we outbid them. We just matched their bid and the player decided.

I don't think we outbid them. We just matched their bid and the player decided.

If Liverpool's bid had been accepted then why would we then go higher than that? That would make little sense and doesn't sound like Levy. Of course Liverpool fans will take it as gospel that we had to outbid them so that the player was made to join us when all along he wanted the mighty Liverpool.

There is no shame is us spending more than another team to get a player. Some people are so worried about us spending money. That's what its all about nowadays if you want top players.

There is no shame is us spending more than another team to get a player. Some people are so worried about us spending money. That's what its all about nowadays if you want top players.

I agree.

Some people moan that we haven't got creativity in our team etc. yet when it comes to buying one for big bucks they complain.

Back