• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Willian

article-2397845-1B615078000005DC-467_634x635.jpg

Wills arriving at the Intercontinental London hotel on Park Lane

Is he any good ?

Opinions vary from "yes, very" to this (from earlier in this thread):

The Brazilian clubs hate it as they feel it destroys the local game - so they pressure the FA to blackball players that go to eastern Europe very young (often because of 3rd party ownership - as is the case with Willian, who has never had a say in any club he's played for). Willian, or Welliton or Ibson or Vagner Love not playing for Brazil has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with ability.

Willian is one of the 5 or so best wide players in the world, imo. I watch him nearly every weekend and he's my ultimate Spurs transfer muppet signing.

Norwegian scout/DoF (and rather outspoken pundit these days) said this on his twitter when asked if Willian is worth 35m:

it's steep but he's on of the best attacking players available on the market

He's one of the few pundits/media personalities who is likely to provide an honest opinion and he's very well informed about players from a wide range of leagues/countries.

article-2397845-1B615078000005DC-467_634x635.jpg

Wills arriving at the Intercontinental London hotel on Park Lane

Thumbs up? What's that?

I thought we were only signing players that did the heart celebration these days?

Maybe Bale can give him a quick tutorial if they meet in the hallway at the training ground...

Opinions vary from "yes, very" to this (from earlier in this thread):

Norwegian scout/DoF (and rather outspoken pundit these days) said this on his twitter when asked if Willian is worth 35m:

He's one of the few pundits/media personalities who is likely to provide an honest opinion and he's very well informed about players from a wide range of leagues/countries.

Crikey, we could be having a crack at the title this year, it does seem that we are spending the Bale money, exciting times mate.

Crikey, we could be having a crack at the title this year, it does seem that we are spending the Bale money, exciting times mate.

Really excited to see so many quality signings - AVB is really given what he needs/wants to build his side.

I'm sadly getting resigned to this meaning Bale is on his way though. Hopefully I'm wrong, because **** me - if we keep Bale, we'll have a bloody great team!

The great thing is IMO the players we are signing WANT to play for the club. Obviously we are paying good wages but I think we will have great team unity. Whereas this may not be the case at City

Really excited to see so many quality signings - AVB is really given what he needs/wants to build his side.

I'm sadly getting resigned to this meaning Bale is on his way though. Hopefully I'm wrong, because **** me - if we keep Bale, we'll have a bloody great team!

Maybe these new signings (fingers crossed) will convince Gareth that he can improve here and maybe leave for the big deal in the future.

Maybe these new signings (fingers crossed) will convince Gareth that he can improve here and maybe leave for the big deal in the future.

he's gotta be thinking, blimey, this could be something

although he could also be thinking, bloody hell, i better leave now as i might not get a game

(tongue in cheek on the second point, i'm not a deluded scouser)

Back