• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same reason Siggy picks up a lot of assists all of a sudden. They play every match and the game is built around them.

The only reasons they do well is because they play games and the team they are in knows how to get the best out of them?
I hope that's not an objection to the facts. Seems like they are being used very effectively.

The only reasons they do well is because they play games and the team they are in knows how to get the best out of them?
I hope that's not an objection to the facts. Seems like they are being used very effectively.

And neither would do it as well for a bigger club. We've already seen it with Sigurdsson.

We did several times.

What I saw, regardless of where he was played, was someone who was easily knocked off the ball and didn't possess the speed of thought to play through packed defences.

I have to strongly disagree with that. But he is not the first player we never used correctly and you can see by the high turn over of players that we are a club that do not stick by players and have a scatter gun and panic approach to player recruitment.

His goals and assists this season are something I would happily take.

Fair enough. But you have to take the whole package - frustrating misses, lack of speed, fragile confidence. He has skill, but he's just a zhit Christian Eriksen*

*which is actually a complement. I don't think Sigi was good enough consistently for us ultimately.

If Soldado had put in Bony's first half performance he would have been ripped to shreds.

Based in today, Bony is nothing special. Looks clumsy and slow. As a punt, maybe. Anything over 15 million is robbery.

Soldado's not capable of putting in Bony's first half performance so no danger there.

£15m+ robbery? He's got 23 Premier League goals in 40 starts (further 9 games as a sub) and he's just turned 26. When you consider what other strikers are going for, I don't think £20-£25m could be considered unreasonable nowadays.

Though I'm not sure I want us to sign him, he's currently a cut above what we have.

If Soldado had put in Bony's first half performance he would have been ripped to shreds.

Based in today, Bony is nothing special. Looks clumsy and slow. As a punt, maybe. Anything over 15 million is robbery.

Scored more PL goals in 2014 than any other player, does that not impress you even slightly?

I like Bony. But he gets excellent service where he is. He's clearly happy, and Swans won't sell for less than 30m. Its a non starter unless the player wants away.

Scored more PL goals in 2014 than any other player, does that not impress you even slightly?

It's not the stats, it's what I'm seeing. Not the kind of player we need to really kick on or the kind of football I'd like to see us play. Perfect for a small club playing with a lone striker, just as Benteke is perfect for Villa and Lukaku isn't quite good enough for where Everton want to be.

If he is nothing special then we should be seriously concerned at how often he exposed our defence. He is either very good or we are very sh!t.

If he is nothing special then we should be seriously concerned at how often he exposed our defence. He is either very good or we are very sh!t.

I'd love Bony at the lane, but actually I thought his movement wasn't anything special yesterday. To me it looked like we were just a bit lax at covering the runs to be honest. That and the passes to free him were quite superb. Luckily he had an off day but I'd take him as an upgrade for Ade without hesitation.

I'd love Bony at the lane, but actually I thought his movement wasn't anything special yesterday. To me it looked like we were just a bit lax at covering the runs to be honest. That and the passes to free him were quite superb. Luckily he had an off day but I'd take him as an upgrade for Ade without hesitation.
In that case we really should be worried then. If a centre forward offering movement that isn't 'anything special' can expose our defence time after time then we must be either have really poor players or be appallingly organised and personally I don't think that either Vertonghen or Fazio are appalling players. I do worry about how badly our manager has us organised however - although irrespective of that I felt that Bony's positioning was very good yesterday. I thought he played right on the 'offside' line and exploited our stretched defence really well.

So why did Boney give us so many problems , but Soldado didn't give swansea any problems? Is our defence crap or is our striker crap or both?

If we signed Bony, we'd need to sign Routledge and Montero as well.

Otherwise he'd be completely unsuited to our setup, the same as say Carroll was at Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back