• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who we've, bought so far thread...

Also with Lamela coming back and to a lesser extent Danny Rose that is like two additions to the squad there...

Please let's not go down this route, mate. This is what Wenger told himself for eight years from 2006 to 2014, and we all laughed at him for it without fail, every time. 'Walcott coming back will be like a new signing', 'Diaby coming back will be like a new signing', 'Van Persie coming back will be like a new signing', etcetera, etcetera.

It was a transparent excuse to not spend any money - up there with the rest of his justifications like 'there's no value in the market', and 'signing a world-class player would compromise Amaury Bischoff's future'. He even admitted as much recently, I believe.

Let's not start saying the same things now - it just doesn't sit well with me. Or at least, let's use better excuses. ;)

Ok, fair point - but you get the overall gist Dubai? Buying 5 or 6 players doesn't work - we did that with the Bale money, Liverpoo did it with the Suarez money, let the Chavs, both Manc clubs and Everton carry on. That only leaves the bin dippers and the scum to contend with

Ok, fair point - but you get the overall gist Dubai? Buying 5 or 6 players doesn't work - we did that with the Bale money, Liverpoo did it with the Suarez money, let the Chavs, both Manc clubs and Everton carry on. That only leaves the bin dippers and the scum to contend with

I get it, and I agree. I think Anfield will be tough place to go to this season - conversely, if the scum lose Sanchez, I think they're holed beneath the waterline even if they buy Lemar or someone similar to replace him. Other than that, none of the others really concern me. And I think Pep in particular is overestimating his ability to coach that defense he's assembling - all the attacking midfield brilliance in the world won't save you if Walker makes a mistake and the whole stadium suddenly realizes that the covering defender isn't Toby Alderweireld, it's John Stones. :)

We don't need much, and certainly not five or six players' worth of incoming transfers. No arguing that point.

if we can get Lamela fit that is huge imo

I think he's the best player at the club, by a considerable distance, there isn't a player signed by a PL club this window that can have the influence he'll have for us

He's more than a work horse tbf, him and Eriksen are head and shoulders our most creative players and we missed that output last season whenever Eriksen was out or not on his game earlier in the season

The whole team struggled at the start of the season, just some got called out on it and others didn't.
It took time for poch tweaks to settle.

Back on topic, I really am not expecting much from this transfer window. And given where transfer prices have gone, I would be surprised if we did any megabusiness in many future transfer windows to come.

But there is no reason why we shouldn't continue with our current model: get the occasional transfer steal, but mainly develop young players. Sure, it will not have us challenging for the title year in and year out, but on occasion we will have a squad that will be able to (much like we did last season and hopefully will do this season too). Of course to do that we will need to keep our core players at all costs. The new stadium will allow us to gradually increase wages to close the gap with the top 5 teams so we can keep hold of our stars.

It's not a model that will win us title after title, but it's one that will solidify us as a top echelon team that can compete with the big spenders. It's also a model that will make Spurs a go-to destination for young talent and when our salaries start rising will make the capture of young talent so much easier, which will in turn maintain us at that high echelon.

In other words, I'm not too bothered.

As good as we've been, as good as we can be with the current talent pool, I don't truly expect Spurs to challenge for the title for at least five years, so I hardly expect them to set off fireworks in the transfer market.

What I am enjoying right now is the year-on-year growth in all areas of the club whilst remaining highly competitive and entertaining.

And regularly tinkling off the entitled prats that support Liverpool, ManU, ManCity or Arsenal. It's not a trophy, but it will do for now.

Back on topic, I really am not expecting much from this transfer window. And given where transfer prices have gone, I would be surprised if we did any megabusiness in many future transfer windows to come.

But there is no reason why we shouldn't continue with our current model: get the occasional transfer steal, but mainly develop young players. Sure, it will not have us challenging for the title year in and year out, but on occasion we will have a squad that will be able to (much like we did last season and hopefully will do this season too). Of course to do that we will need to keep our core players at all costs. The new stadium will allow us to gradually increase wages to close the gap with the top 5 teams so we can keep hold of our stars.

It's not a model that will win us title after title, but it's one that will solidify us as a top echelon team that can compete with the big spenders. It's also a model that will make Spurs a go-to destination for young talent and when our salaries start rising will make the capture of young talent so much easier, which will in turn maintain us at that high echelon.

In other words, I'm not too bothered.
It would be nice though to get an out of the blue VDV type signing wouldnt it. Not sure if those type of signings exist anymore.... :(

I think he's the best player at the club, by a considerable distance, there isn't a player signed by a PL club this window that can have the influence he'll have for us

That's a huge statement! I wouldn't even have him in my first 11! 3-5-2 with Eriksen and Dele behind Kane

I think we are in a difficult position when it comes to new players...

Most people in football, it seemed last season, praised us for having the best 'team' of players who worked for each other and played good football. I can only think of a few players who could come in from another premiership club and instantly improve us but we are not going to get them..

So really, we are left with strengthening the squad, which unless some of the youngsters really do step up is not easy.. How much do we pay in transfer fees and wages when they perhaps would not automatically be first choice...

There is however one player I would like and every time I see his name mentioned in the football gossip I hope we will also be.. I think he is the only player we have a chance of getting who could make us favourites for the title.. I do actually think we would win the title with him and I secretly hope that Levy has not spent any money so far because we are working away quietly. I know this is probably delusional but if we could get Gareth back..............

I think we are in a difficult position when it comes to new players...

Most people in football, it seemed last season, praised us for having the best 'team' of players who worked for each other and played good football. I can only think of a few players who could come in from another premiership club and instantly improve us but we are not going to get them..

So really, we are left with strengthening the squad, which unless some of the youngsters really do step up is not easy.. How much do we pay in transfer fees and wages when they perhaps would not automatically be first choice...

There is however one player I would like and every time I see his name mentioned in the football gossip I hope we will also be.. I think he is the only player we have a chance of getting who could make us favourites for the title.. I do actually think we would win the title with him and I secretly hope that Levy has not spent any money so far because we are working away quietly. I know this is probably delusional but if we could get Gareth back..............

:D

We do have a fair bit of money from player sales seemingly not doing anything atm...

All those stacks of cash sitting on Levy's desk that can't be spent on anything else.

I may well proved to be wrong but I'm not sure we're at a stage where we need to sell players to raise money for the stadium just yet

Strengthening the squad should be the priority this summer given that it should be very easy to upgrade Sissoko (rubbish), GKN (need to loan out to get some game time) and also need another CB given we're desperately short of cover there. Agree that improving the team is difficult, unless we cna unarth an attacker who can beat a man in tight space or with some pace and is gettable within our financial constraints

I may well proved to be wrong but I'm not sure we're at a stage where we need to sell players to raise money for the stadium just yet

We may not have to sell, but I don't buy the idea that transfer money are kept separate from everything else.

We may not have to sell, but I don't buy the idea that transfer money are kept separate from everything else.

me neither, i assume that's something that just needs to be said publicly to instill confidence (as much for the fans as it is for potential investors/banks for loans)

Back