• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

If only we had a word to describe that.....

I think I'll call it regression ;)

I hope you're right.

My head says eventually they will drop down the table, but I still believe we will have to play to a similar level in the 2nd half of the season as we did in the first half to ensure we do finish above them.

Does anyone know how many times Leicester have come back from being one goal or more down, to win a match this season?

It was really satisfying to beat Leicester in the FA Cup. Just wish we had beat them in the league as well.

First goal comes from a free kick (via a corner) that should never have been given.

Stoke were shocking defensively all game though.

These little Jack Russell's are starting to grate on me now. They just can't be shaken off.

The one season Chelsea perform as they are we should be sitting comfortably in 2nd/3rd but oh no fudging Leicester have to get involved and take up a top 4 spot and leave our CL Qualification in some doubt.

Hope they lose 3/4 out of the next 5 and then fall away but been saying this for several weeks now.

It was really satisfying to beat Leicester in the FA Cup. Just wish we had beat them in the league as well.
For me it felt hollow ... the league is where it's at nowadays, but I am proud that Poch is taking the FA cup seriously.

Ranieri is doing an admirable job. Rather them than l'arse, chavs, Emirates Marketing Project ... oh and we break the top 4 too !!! Kick out manyoo n dipperpool.

These little Jack Russell's are starting to grate on me now. They just can't be shaken off.

The one season Chelsea perform as they are we should be sitting comfortably in 2nd/3rd but oh no fudgeing Leicester have to get involved and take up a top 4 spot and leave our CL Qualification in some doubt.

Hope they lose 3/4 out of the next 5 and then fall away but been saying this for several weeks now.
It would help us obviously but you have to admire their doggedness. If we weren't in the mix who would you be shouting for to win the title? I know I'd prefer Leicester over any of the others. Obviously I wouldn't mind us overtaking them now considering we might be in with a chance ourselves, but I think I would still like to see them maybe snag a CL spot as long as it is not at our expense.

Last edited:
It would help us obviously but you have to admire their doggedness. If we weren't in the mix who would you be shouting for to win the title? I know I'd prefer Leicester over any of the others. Obviously I wouldn't mind us overtaking them now considering we might be in with a chance ourselves, but I think I would still like to see them maybe snag a CL spot as long as it is not at our expense.

I don't admire their doggedness personally. I find them irritating and look forward to seeing them 15th or so next season.

I want anyone to win other than scum even city as its a lesser of two evils.

Hopefully Liverpool can beat them, then we can reel them in.

i wouldn't go that far, let em do the dippers then turn it off

ive been saying it for months now and they have obviously proved me wrong, but i still wouldnt put money on them finishing top 3

I'd like them to lose against Liverpool, then get two draws in the next two games after that (City away, Arsenal away). I doubt it will happen that way, but that run of 3 games should knock them off the top regardless.

Leicester are done.
Every small team in the league is going to go out and try to play for a point instead of the win they tried for in the first half of the season.
Their tactic of sitting deep and hitting teams on the break isnt going to work against teams looking for a point.

Leicester are done.
Every small team in the league is going to go out and try to play for a point instead of the win they tried for in the first half of the season.
Their tactic of sitting deep and hitting teams on the break isnt going to work against teams looking for a point.

Absolutely what I have been saying is going to happen as well.

the thing about them that can't be ignored is that they are picking up points now in a very different way to back in September, they have more than one way to win, vardy and mahrez regressed to their level but the points havent stopped

the thing about them that can't be ignored is that they are picking up points now in a very different way to back in September, they have more than one way to win, vardy and mahrez regressed to their level but the points havent stopped

Half a season run with form and luck (and they have had that in spades) is not unusual. I also think they have had a knack this season of playing other teams when those teams were in the middle of really brick runs.

I'd still put money on them not finishing in top 5.

I still think they will fall away a bit. But quite a few of the top 4 chasing teams aren't exactly looking like they will put together a great run of form either...

Of United, West Ham and Liverpool (current 5th-7th) only West Ham look at least somewhat like they can put in consistent performances, and they're another team more or less expected to "fall away" at some point.

Looking at points per game so far and the points total that will bring those teams to if they keep on picking up points at the same rate:

Manu: 1.61 ppg - 61 points total
West Ham: 1.57 ppg - 60 points total
Liverpool: 1.48 ppg - 56 points total

Leicester already have 47 points. To get to 62 points and get ahead of what those teams will pick up if they keep on keeping on as they have done Leicester only need another 15 points from the remaining 15 games. Or roughly ever so slightly better than relegation form.

So it's not just a question for Leicester about how well they will do. It's also a question of if one of the chasing teams can up their game and significantly increase their points per game scores for the last 15 games of the season. Leicester could potentially finish the season quite poorly and yet pick up enough points to finish in the top 4. They could end the season in "mid table form" (1.4 ppg) and pick up another 21 points ending the season on 68 points. That could be a huge task for the chasing teams to make up based on their performances and results this season.

Bookmakers still have Leicester as outsiders to win the league - similar odds to ourselves. But also as rather likely to finish in the top 4 - again very similar odds to ourselves. Seems about right to me.

Back