• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who or what was the turning point for Leicester City ?

One season or three it completely debunks the myth that you need money to compete.

Has anyone said it is impossible to qualify for the Champions League without spending mega money or just that it is bloody difficult and the cards are stacked against you?

Odd occurrences will always happen. This season has seen a lot of them happen at the same time.

Has anyone said it is impossible to qualify for the Champions League without spending mega money or just that it is bloody difficult and the cards are stacked against you?

Odd occurrences will always happen. This season has seen a lot of them happen at the same time.

True. However, whenever we've fallen short a lot of posters have said the main reason was because we couldn't compete with the financial muscle of the 'Sky 4'.

True. However, whenever we've fallen short a lot of posters have said the main reason was because we couldn't compete with the financial muscle of the 'Sky 4'.

But that can still be true even if Leicester do finish in the top four. The uneven distribution of money in the league has undoubtedly been a contributing factor in a handful of clubs having a hold on the top four places.

That's because it is.

One statistical outlier wouldn't change that. Or looked at in a different way. Last 15 years each year there's been 14 clubs outside the top 6 with little to no chance of finishing in the top 4. That's 210 seasons for those various "no chance of top 4" clubs without managing to break into the top 4. One club managing that feat once would still make it extremely unlikely. And expecting us to do so "just because Leicester did it" is only really fair if given 210 attempts at it.

And they're still far from actually managing that.

Leicester will finish 6th, tops.

I was thinking that a few weeks ago and they will have a slump and some injuries but there's few clubs to overtake them, so many of the so-called big guns can't string two wins together

I was thinking that a few weeks ago and they will have a slump and some injuries but there's few clubs to overtake them, so many of the so-called big guns can't string two wins together

There's 9 points down to Stoke in 9th, it won't take much for them to plummet down the table if they don't get back on track quickly.

No goals in the last 2 games.Wheels are slowly coming off.Teams are beginning to work them out and they really don't have a plan B.They will finish top half maybe 6th or 7th.Plus the window speculation won't help them.Players heads get turned.

the narrative Ranieri imposes on the squad is everything now, they were unlucky against the dippers and 0-0 against City isn't a bad result

but if the take away is 1 point from 6, no goals in two and Vardy is missing sitters*, then confidence is going to erode rapidly

* not the one against city was that easy, but he's stuck away plenty of harder ones this season

the narrative Ranieri imposes on the squad is everything now, they were unlucky against the dippers and 0-0 against City isn't a bad result

but if the take away is 1 point from 6, no goals in two and Vardy is missing sitters*, then confidence is going to erode rapidly

* not the one against city was that easy, but he's stuck away plenty of harder ones this season

Very small squad, most of their important players (except Mahrez) are older and they play a very high energy game.
Add in, Mahrez and Vardy have never played this good in their careers, to expect they will keep playing this level for 40+ games = highly unlikely.

It simply will be one of those runs that make the PL interesting, fun to talk about, anything above 8th for them will be incredible achievement.

No sales, no major injuries +some luck = 6th
Sale, injuries, bad run = 8th

Very small squad, most of their important players (except Mahrez) are older and they play a very high energy game.
Add in, Mahrez and Vardy have never played this good in their careers, to expect they will keep playing this level for 40+ games = highly unlikely.

It simply will be one of those runs that make the PL interesting, fun to talk about, anything above 8th for them will be incredible achievement.

No sales, no major injuries +some luck = 6th
Sale, injuries, bad run = 8th

I think you are right

Well, we helped to start the good form of Leicester. Sp, we better be the one to end it. Afterall, we are answerable to the rest of the league if they go on to win the league. The history books and Arsenal fans won't let us forget it if they do that. So, we must beat Leicester in the FA Cup and the league next week ! Hopefully they will go back to where they belong after that.

I actually hope everyone writing off Leicester are wrong. If we don't win the league then I hope to GHod Leicester do it. That would be a great fu to all the money bags clubs!

I actually hope everyone writing off Leicester are wrong. If we don't win the league then I hope to GHod Leicester do it. That would be a great fu to all the money bags clubs!

I'm happy for Leicester to win the title as long as it isn't at the expense of us, or their placing in the top four is at expense of us. But I don't think it will be a big f**k you to the big money clubs. Maybe for this season but in the summer these big money clubs will spend big money (again) and I think it will be more lavish and wisely thought out than ever before.

Leicester have done very well but this sort of thing won't happen for another couple of decades at the very least after this.

Well, we helped to start the good form of Leicester. Sp, we better be the one to end it. Afterall, we are answerable to the rest of the league if they go on to win the league. The history books and Arsenal fans won't let us forget it if they do that. So, we must beat Leicester in the FA Cup and the league next week ! Hopefully they will go back to where they belong after that.

What kind of history books do you read? What have they told you about previous champions? Who "turned their form in the previous season and then half way through the next season failed to beat them twice in 3 days"?

If Leicester win the league this season ahead of Arsenal with us trailing Arsenal again it won't be Arsenal fans giving us brick for it for years to come. Them failing to win the league with Chelsea, United and City all having off years and losing out to Leicester will be hilarious... for us.

You really like setting the team up to fail don't you? We must beat a high flying Leicester, not only that we must beat Leicester twice in 3 days... That might happen, but expecting it as if that's the baseline for what can be accepted seems way over the top.

What kind of history books do you read? What have they told you about previous champions? Who "turned their form in the previous season and then half way through the next season failed to beat them twice in 3 days"?

If Leicester win the league this season ahead of Arsenal with us trailing Arsenal again it won't be Arsenal fans giving us brick for it for years to come. Them failing to win the league with Chelsea, United and City all having off years and losing out to Leicester will be hilarious... for us.

You really like setting the team up to fail don't you? We must beat a high flying Leicester, not only that we must beat Leicester twice in 3 days... That might happen, but expecting it as if that's the baseline for what can be accepted seems way over the top.

When big teams become champions, no one cares about how they win it. But when small and unfancied teams like Leicester win, you know the media will go mad and start long inquests on how they win it. Don't know about you but I will hate to be remembered that Spurs helped Leicester to regain their form until they win the title ! Not sure how you can laugh at other big teams if Leicester do win it. We have not win the league title since 1961 ! Can never accept a small team winning the league title over us !

Back