• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where are we going to finish?

its not worth it boys. Strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride. Lets just win tomorrow, and then the next... and the next.

It really is too close to call for me. I think it is going to go to the last day unless Arsenal beat both Chelsea and Stoke. Might well need West Brom to nick a point off Arsenal on the last day for it to happen. Im going to stick my neck out and say we will do it by a point by virtue of Stoke managing to win against Arsenal at the Britannia.

3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Saudi Sportswashing Machine
7. Everton
8. Liverpool

What were your expectations before the season began?

And where do you think Spurs WILL finish?

Before the season began I had no clue where we'd finish, but I know I'd have been happy with 4th. Then I saw Spurs win 4 games, draw 1, then win another 6 and we had the full potential to be 2nd, let alone 3rd. We're more than capable of finishing 3rd so if we don't live up to that it will be a disaster. But before the season began I thought we had a good chance of beating the scum in the table this year, and we proved we are easily able to. If we don't then we have let everyone down.

I reckon if we win the rest of our games we will finish 3rd

Before the season began I had no clue where we'd finish, but I know I'd have been happy with 4th. Then I saw Spurs win 4 games, draw 1, then win another 6 and we had the full potential to be 2nd, let alone 3rd. We're more than capable of finishing 3rd so if we don't live up to that it will be a disaster. But before the season began I thought we had a good chance of beating the scum in the table this year, and we proved we are easily able to. If we don't then we have let everyone down.

I reckon if we win the rest of our games we will finish 3rd

All I can advise to you is not to take form so seriously. It seems to me when we had a good run of form you over valued it, and now we've had a dip you're going the other way. If we win 6 on the bounce, it's a means to an end. 6 out of 38. If we lose 6 on the bounce it's the same. The 6 on the bounce don't mean anything because if the fixture list came out differently we may have got exactly the same results but more spread out over the season.

All I can advise to you is not to take form so seriously. It seems to me when we had a good run of form you over valued it, and now we've had a dip you're going the other way. If we win 6 on the bounce, it's a means to an end. 6 out of 38. If we lose 6 on the bounce it's the same. The 6 on the bounce don't mean anything because if the fixture list came out differently we may have got exactly the same results but more spread out over the season.

But it was the football we played. We showed we can play beautiful football that is probably better than City's, and the fact we've stopped playing it is really upsetting

looking at form based purely on results doesn't give a fair reflection - we have come off the back of some poor results but we have not been playing as badly as it would suggest. ive not got myself in to too much of a bother about things because i know we are generally playing well and can take that in to our remaining games knowing the results will come if we continue to play how we have been.

if we had been playing as badly as our results suggest then id probably have given up hope - like some of you have

We didn't lose those 11 games because we played fast, attacking, possession-keeping football. This was reflected in that pre-match clip before the Stoke game (that ended our streak) that said "CAN YOU HANDLE THE PACE?", and soon people even thought we posed a threat to City and United's title chances. What happened to that football?

But it was the football we played. We showed we can play beautiful football that is probably better than City's, and the fact we've stopped playing it is really upsetting

Firstly, that was with our strongest team. A team that hasn't been played together for a while now. Lennon returning should change that.
Secondly, our football actually hasn't changed. During that beautiful phase we were dominating games, being patient and then all of a sudden pull a goal out of nowhere. The style of play hasn't changed, we're still very attractive. What's changed is we've stopped scoring as much. I was at the Bolton game at home, and we were brilliant most of the match. How we didn't batter than 10-1 is anyone's guess.

I think I am beginning to see the issue between me and a lot of posters over this so called negative downturn. I never got carried away before. When we were winning loads of games my attitude was we're playing well but we aren't good enough for the title, so there is no way this can go on. I always assumed we'd suffer a blip. Now we're in that blip I am looking at us play and thinking we're playing well and are just a little bit short so my attitude is there is no way this blip in results can last with the way we're playing. We've not lost in four (five if you include Bolton in the FA Cup) despite two very tough away fixtures. Indeed even in those tough away fixtures I believe we were the better side in both games.

If there is one team out of the four going for 3rd to 6th places, that is capable of winning all its remaining games. It's us. In fact, I'd say we're the most likely to pull it off. Arsenal have had an amazing run, but they have also got very lucky in two of those wins. They have a tough home game against Chelsea and two tough away games against Stoke and WBA. Saudi Sportswashing Machine still have to play Chelsea. We've just played our hardest remaining fixture on paper.

What could throw the spanner in the works for me is City. Title over, Euro championships coming up. I can see them completely imploding and that may seriously favour Saudi Sportswashing Machine when they play them. But we're ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the moment and as long as we win our games it doesn't matter a brick what they do.

Firstly, that was with our strongest team. A team that hasn't been played together for a while now. Lennon returning should change that.
Secondly, our football actually hasn't changed. During that beautiful phase we were dominating games, being patient and then all of a sudden pull a goal out of nowhere. The style of play hasn't changed, we're still very attractive. What's changed is we've stopped scoring as much. I was at the Bolton game at home, and we were brilliant most of the match. How we didn't batter than 10-1 is anyone's guess.

I think I am beginning to see the issue between me and a lot of posters over this so called negative downturn. I never got carried away before. When we were winning loads of games my attitude was we're playing well but we aren't good enough for the title, so there is no way this can go on. I always assumed we'd suffer a blip. Now we're in that blip I am looking at us play and thinking we're playing well and are just a little bit short so my attitude is there is no way this blip in results can last with the way we're playing. We've not lost in four (five if you include Bolton in the FA Cup) despite two very tough away fixtures. Indeed even in those tough away fixtures I believe we were the better side in both games.

If there is one team out of the four going for 3rd to 6th places, that is capable of winning all its remaining games. It's us. In fact, I'd say we're the most likely to pull it off. Arsenal have had an amazing run, but they have also got very lucky in two of those wins. They have a tough home game against Chelsea and two tough away games against Stoke and WBA. Saudi Sportswashing Machine still have to play Chelsea. We've just played our hardest remaining fixture on paper.

What could throw the spanner in the works for me is City. Title over, Euro championships coming up. I can see them completely imploding and that may seriously favour Saudi Sportswashing Machine when they play them. But we're ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the moment and as long as we win our games it doesn't matter a brick what they do.

We might be the most likely but are we going to? It's now a race between us and Arsenal, with Arsenal having the head start. I don't see why anyone cares about Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Chelsea, because if we're thinking that low then we may as well just give up now

4th, barely. Think Arsenal have their tails up now, and we won't be able to surpass their points tally between now and May.

So 4th. We'll win the FA Cup though, so it'll still be a blindingly good season.;)

I'd take 4th now if offered. This season has an increasingly familiar feel about it. Dark forces (Sky) are at work to reinstate the natural order of things.

Arse will finish third. It'll be very, very close between the other three, and I'd put Saudi Sportswashing Machine marginal favourites for 4th at this moment, but I have to go:

3rd Arse
4th Spurs
5th Toon
6th Chavs

Back