• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What went wrong?

I don't know why Harry's getting any real blame tbh. He picked a ballsy team which saw us go 2 up despite Arsenal being on top for the most part, they get back to 2-2. Then he brings on Sandro and VDV in the hope of making us more solid and we got trounced, I don't think it would've been much different had we kept the same team. I'd've brought Lennon on but perhaps he wasn't really fit enough to play.

I don't know why Harry's getting any real blame tbh. He picked a ballsy team which saw us go 2 up despite Arsenal being on top for the most part, they get back to 2-2. Then he brings on Sandro and VDV in the hope of making us more solid and we got trounced, I don't think it would've been much different had we kept the same team. I'd've brought Lennon on but perhaps he wasn't really fit enough to play.

If Lennon wasn't fit then he shouldn't have been on the bench. Not playing VDV was a massive error, 4 goals in 3 starts vs. Arsenal.

How did it pan out at 451

That's gonad*s. The second half was a joke, regardless of formation. The players never showed up.

We should match them in the middle of the park. Always. If we were going to play as we did then Ade and Saha would have had to work very hard to get back

We played perfectly in the first 30 minutes. We hit them on the break and looked dangerous, defended well and they were poor. Then we just fell to pieces as soon as they got the first goal.

Did Szcezney have to make any saves in the second half?

Talk of us winning the title is absurd at the moment I'm afraid, we don't have the squad or the bottle right now.

That's gonad*s. The second half was a joke, regardless of formation. The players never showed up.

We should match them in the middle of the park. Always. If we were going to play as we did then Ade and Saha would have had to work very hard to get back

So 442 was to blame even though we went 2 up, but the formation had NOTHING to do with conceding 3 and not touching the ball?

We played perfectly in the first 30 minutes. We hit them on the break and looked dangerous, defended well and they were poor. Then we just fell to pieces as soon as they got the first goal.

Did Szcezney have to make any saves in the second half?

Talk of us winning the title is absurd at the moment I'm afraid, we don't have the squad or the bottle right now.

no we never, we were out played from the kick off and were lucky to be in front - let alone 2-0 up !

So 442 was to blame even though we went 2 up, but the formation had NOTHING to do with conceding 3 and not touching the ball?

I think it was more to do with the defending. Was it the 4th or 5th goal where Ekotto just casullay strolled back? More proof that he's not the best left back in the league, you'd never see Evra do that.

Completely. I said in the other thread, we could hurt them with a 4-4-2 but wont control the game at any point. Momentum is a big thing. Second half was adrenaline and fear from two sets of players. Formations made little difference.

Completely. I said in the other thread, we could hurt them with a 4-4-2 but wont control the game at any point. Momentum is a big thing. Second half was adrenaline and fear from two sets of players. Formations made little difference.

When I questioned KD accusation of playing 442, you said "gonad*s"

Now you say formation didnt play a part. Thats why I questioned KD....

Once again the over paid tossers played like a beaten team with so much to play for. Even when they equalised we all knew we would lose.

Why the fudge doesn't Harry tell Bale to stick to the position which has turned him into a fudging world star and not on the fudging right where fudging Lennon should've been?

But we scored, and looked like scoring. Im not blaming 451, but to stick this on the fact we started with 442 is massively clutching at straws

It was more to do with the players today than the tactics. I think their two goals in quick succession really knocked the stuffing out of us like it did when we lost 3-0 in 2009. Adebayor showed none of the fight or desire that he showed against them when he played for Emirates Marketing Project. Poor defending from Ekotto and Parker for two of the goals, Bale kept drifting to the middle or the right where he isn't as good, and just a real lack of fight from the team as a whole in the second half.

Back