• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What went wrong?

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
1. Lack of shape and discipline especially when 0-2 up.

We needed to stay organised with two compact lines of four players and stand up to them at 0-2, and as they did to us later, hit them on the break. That is the most frustrating thing for me.

2. Credit where credits due, the rapists skill helped turn the match.

Without him they would have been (will be?) fudged. Seeing how incredibly important he is to them, I wouldn't be surprised to see them offer him crazy Adebayor level wages to keep him (then he'll get injured :p) Will he believe in their 'project' etc

3. Two soft first half yellow cards to our midfield pair.

Parker was fouled on the left wing nothing given, Walker might of been fouled seconds later running towards thier box, then Parker reacts with a foul. Not a very bad foul and as the ref is blowing the whistle Modric kicks the ball away. Then both get carded and have to ease off just when we needed them to have some bite.

4. Is it harsh to look at the centrer backs?

BAE's overhead clearance was weak and led to a goal. Walker was beaten a couple of times too. King isn't the athlete he once was. He's still immense, cool and steady, but didn't look as agile against quick footed players (lacking match fitness?). Despite all the stats and very impressive displays, Kaboul has his dodgy moments (one or two mistakes per game) To be fair most do.

All this Harry for England distraction, and not doing the basics - get organised and defend - has cost us. Deep breath. Re-group. Go back to doing the simple things well: passing and retaining possession, get back into an organised position when under the cosh and grind out results when we need to. Failed to do that today and it's what separates us from united imo.

Last edited:
3. Two soft first half yellow cards to our midfield pair.

This is the breaking point for me. Even if we scored another one after these bookings. Our midfield was from then on extremely vulnerable which cost us dear.

Harry redknapp's team selection, and substitutions.

Pretty much. We started the game well by keeping the ball, scoring on the counter. Like Harry said we would.
Then with the half-time substitutions all the shape evaporated. Walker's injury possibly made Harry reluctant to play his last card. But then again, he knew about the knock before the game, should have had a contingency.

Should have been Sandro and Lennon, or possible VDV and Lennon.

Or I don't know, when we were chasing the game taken Walker off and put Lennon on. BAE to RB, Bale to LB, or Sandro to CB and Kaboul to RB.
Just should have got Lennon on the damn pitch, at 4-2 at latest.

We thought we were playing a team of losers when in fact they are a team of not winners but not loserish enough to get rid of them so their inconsistancy led to our belief that they would implode. Long term maybe they will keep some of the dross that has put them below our level so maybe this season we finish 3rd and they finish 4th will be benificial to Spurs in the next few seasons.

No cover for the full-backs with Bale and Kranjcar drifting infield far too much, and failing to track back. It really wasn't a 4-4-2, more a 4-2-2-2.

-----------------Friedel----------------
Walker---Kaboul-----King-------BAE
--------Parker--------Modric---------
--------Kranjcar------Bale-----------
-------Adebayor-------Saha---------

People who thought we could just turn up and smash them look fudging stupid now don't they?! Didn't learn from the Stevenage game obviously. Did people not think Arsenal would be bang up for it today after their last two results?

I think we were a little arrgoant.
I think we had too many off performances again.
And I think we completely under-estimated them.

I actually think what went wrong was the goal so early. As others have said, it reinforced the arrogance in our team and we thought we'd stroll it.

I thought Ade was terrible and everyone else was playing to a tactic that meant we were sitting back to an inferior team who still had match winners involved. Even when we broke we didnt punish them enough bar the 1st 6mins.

Arsenal often struggle to score if you sit deep

At 2-0 we should have bored the brick out of everyone for 75 minutes of parking the bus and hitting them on the break with Bale

It would have been hilarious

But suddenly we have all and sundry tearing up the pitch, leaving us as exposed as a girl in Titus Bramble's hotel room, allegedly.

I actually think what went wrong was the goal so early. As others have said, it reinforced the arrogance in our team and we thought we'd stroll it.

It did look that way. You started to think, sh1t they really are woeful, Harry is a genius, and we're the real deal....and it could have been. Tomorrow and next week the press could have been preening Harry avidly, and talking up Spurs stock. We should learn from this. Wheter we will or not I don't know.

THere is a lot to be said for our fluid attacking play, but we must be able to switch into a disciplined formation when playing talented teams. After the two goals a bit of roy hodgsonesque rigid formation would have seen us being sucked off by all and sundry and the scum in deepened crisis.

we did not play well. I honestly think that you were very lucky to get 2 early goals. After that, they caught their chances well.

However, what really tinkles me off is Parker's red card which leaves him out for the next but vital match against Manu.

Back