• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is the best purchase you have ever made?

Played around with it for a while, then refurbished it and sold it for £2500.
Secondly my two Technics SL-1200 turntables I bough in 1995. The first 10 years they were battered around in their flightcases when I was a travelling DJ, but they still look brand new and are in top condition. Really quality piece of equipment that I will never get rid of.

Yeah. My 1200s are still going strong, a great bit of kit.

These are high up on the list.

Hd600.jpg

Sennheiser HD 600.

Spent a months salary on a mattress, a years salary on a car.

Mattress was easily the better buy.

nothing in this thread should be over a hundred quid, My best purchase by far is my kettle, I am a serious tea drinker, black, green, herbal, i drink at least 5 cups a day and my kettle stays at boiling temperature for an hour and has made me thousands of cuppas and cost me $80, if only other things in life were as reliable.

nothing in this thread should be over a hundred quid, My best purchase by far is my kettle, I am a serious tea drinker, black, green, herbal, i drink at least 5 cups a day and my kettle stays at boiling temperature for an hour and has made me thousands of cuppas and cost me $80, if only other things in life were as reliable.

Novice! :D

1) What kettle is it?
2) If I bought a G450 for £101 it wouldn't be a great purchase? I'm fairly confident that would be by far the best purchase I ever made.

inter rail ticket for a months travel on the trains around Europe - £300
one way ticket to Mexico City - £550

obviously it's the subsequent travels which were the highlight but both trips started with those purchases.

my PC has done me well, bought it second hand from a friend of a friend for £200 about 10 years ago and its still going strong now - that said i only use it for general internet use and the odd run out of Football Manager so it hasn't really been used and abused.

Last edited:
I'd go for this too. No muscular injuries in 3 years and counting since buying one of these. Under £20 too

ped-blue-6s-500-1.jpg

Back