• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what is/isn't a sport

Golf doesn't do it for me personally as anything else than a recreational activity. As entertainment on tv it's dead boring.

In your opinion.

Some of the most skilled people in the world and the money they earn reflects that fact, and the massive global audience the sport garners.

McIlroy got over £1 million for the USPGA the other day, that's not money they give out lightly.

Any clown can run lots and get fit, skill is rare.

In your opinion.

Some of the most skilled people in the world and the money they earn reflects that fact, and the massive global audience the sport garners.

McIlroy got over £1 million for the USPGA the other day, that's not money they give out lightly.

Golf id definitely a sport IMO. It takes years of practice to get anywhere near to playing from a decent handicap, and the minute skills involved have to be admired.

That being said, I don't think it should be an Olympic sport. I think the two can be mutually exclusive, just because something is a sport - that doesn't mean to say it should be included in the Olympic schedule.

Have you ever driven/been driven in a performance motor around a track?

COme on mate - you don't need to be fit, it helps but aint essential.

At the very top like F1 yeah they are fit, mainly due to the physical exertion. But loads of other types of racing is done by older drivers carrying some weight and who are probably quite unfit from a cardiovascular perspective

COme on mate - you don't need to be fit, it helps but aint essential.

At the very top like F1 yeah they are fit, mainly due to the physical exertion. But loads of other types of racing is done by older drivers carrying some weight and who are probably quite unfit from a cardiovascular perspective

Jezza, is that you? :D

You're only saying that because you realise what you said was ill thought-out, and completely wrong. Yet you're still arsed to post articles about Borussia Dortmund's reserve team transfer news most of the day.

Be very careful - criticising a mods actions is a ban country my friend!! :)

Golf id definitely a sport IMO. It takes years of practice to get anywhere near to playing from a decent handicap, and the minute skills involved have to be admired.

That being said, I don't think it should be an Olympic sport. I think the two can be mutually exclusive, just because something is a sport - that doesn't mean to say it should be included in the Olympic schedule.

I agree.

The Olympics should be the pinnacle for the sports involved.

That said, Tennis is fast acknowledging the games as the '5th Slam' and the fact it's every 4 years is even more special. The opportunity for these guys to represent their countries is very dear to them.

John McEnroe argued these points, not me.

lol, obviously not since you're back! If they banned me for exposing the ignorance of others, then so be it. I post on another Spurs forum anyway.

They couldn't stand the place without me mate, I had a personal invite from Ginolius, it was a bit embarassing to be honest!

(might not be true)

In your opinion.

I don't disagree mate, but the reason there is so much money is golf is, well, because there is so much money in golf ;)

I agree.

The Olympics should be the pinnacle for the sports involved.

That said, Tennis is fast acknowledging the games as the '5th Slam' and the fact it's every 4 years is even more special. The opportunity for these guys to represent their countries is very dear to them.

John McEnroe argued these points, not me.
I was about to include that in my post, actually. Tennis is a good point, both single's finals had larger television audiences in the States than any 'slam final over the last decade, apparently (I think it was the States). Tennis is very pure, something that really goes along with the morals of the Olympics which I really appreciate.

Football. Did anyone give a brick (I didn't watch any of Team GB's games, was more busy watching stuff from the Velodrome etc)? The players don't, a Champions League final would be a much bigger game than an Olympic final. Get rid of it.

No wummery from me...just opinion!! :)

And pointing out wrongdoing! :)
Been tempted to take up any sports after watching the Olympics, mate? I had been cycling beforehand, but my enthusiasm for the sport has grown since these games. I'm gonna try and swim once per week (on top of other things) when go back to Portsmouth - the swimmer's body is ideal; broad shoulders, slim waist and toned.

Back