• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

can he score 20 goals a season. if not he is no use (i know he is a defender;) )

is this info in the german press? did ya buy Bild this morning? :)

I work in the Press section for an Austrian football club, and my mate heard it from someone he has contact with at Basel. Stocker to Bundesliga and Dragovic to us over Dortmund were the names mentioned.

I don't really see the point either. I'd be surprised if it happens, last position we need to buy.

We need some one prolific. We train 10+ goals a season out of our strikers.

If they ain't prolific before they come here then there ain't a chance of us improving them if the last 15 years is anything to go by.

I think part of Spurs problem is that we aim too high when looking for a CF; witness endless pursuits of Leandro, going after Rossi and countless others.

There's decent CFs out there overseas which have been signed by PL teams and have done better than Defoe and Ade have. Patinkle Cisse, Demba Ba, Benteke, Kone, Chicarito, and many more who wouldnt have cost the earth but would now be twice the price as they're plaing in the PL. We we need to be better at signing these sort of players and forget about the massive names til we have the increased financial capacity from the new stadium

I work in the Press section for an Austrian football club, and my mate heard it from someone he has contact with at Basel. Stocker to Bundesliga and Dragovic to us over Dortmund were the names mentioned.

I don't really see the point either. I'd be surprised if it happens, last position we need to buy.

Think its BS given AVB's recent comments about going into next season with 4 CBs. Release Gallas, keep the others. Dont see why we'd sell any of them

If true then either Kaboul or Dawson will be out the door in the summer.

Dawson doesn't really fit AVBs style and was tried sold before the season started. Has impressed, but might be viewed as not ideal by the boss

Kaboul been out for a year, reaching new contract negotiation, interest from Russia where they're willing to pay him more than any player is on at Spurs

Last edited:
I'm surprised caulker hasn't been given more games. Did well in the 1st half of the season. I hope avb isn't entertaining thoughts of selling him but is probably just not risking him for so many big games. He's a good threat at the other end as well.

I'm surprised caulker hasn't been given more games. Did well in the 1st half of the season. I hope avb isn't entertaining thoughts of selling him but is probably just not risking him for so many big games. He's a good threat at the other end as well.

I think its more the case that he is the direct replacement for Vertonghen. We seem to have the perfect 4 centre backs for next season in that Kaboul and Dawson are direct like for like in style and so are Vertonghen and Caulker. So i think he is just losing out because Verts is playing so well.

Mourinho: Higuain is staying at Madrid
Monday 7 May 2012

Jose Mourinho insists Gonzalo Higuain is not for sale at any price and will still be a Real Madrid player next season. Italian champions Juventus, UEFA Champions League finalists Bayern Munich and Paris St Germain had all been linked with the striker, along with Mourinho's former club, Chelsea.

However, Mourinho has asserted Higuain's immediate future lies at the Bernabeu and told ES: "Higuain is staying here. He will stay at Madrid because I don't want him to go. He has an excellent contract here that runs for many more years.

"He has not come for a year and been paid little - he is on the same level as the others. Even if clubs offer €40m, €50m or €60m, Real Madrid will not sell him. My two strikers for next season will be [Karim] Benzema and Higuain."

Monday 7 May 2012

Jose Mourinho insists Gonzalo Higuain is not for sale at any price and will still be a Real Madrid player next season. Italian champions Juventus, UEFA Champions League finalists Bayern Munich and Paris St Germain had all been linked with the striker, along with Mourinho's former club, Chelsea.

However, Mourinho has asserted Higuain's immediate future lies at the Bernabeu and told ES: "Higuain is staying here. He will stay at Madrid because I don't want him to go. He has an excellent contract here that runs for many more years.

"He has not come for a year and been paid little - he is on the same level as the others. Even if clubs offer €40m, €50m or €60m, Real Madrid will not sell him. My two strikers for next season will be [Karim] Benzema and Higuain."

Not going to Chelsea then, Jose?

Monday 7 May 2012

More media games from Mourinho? What is he trying to say?

They talked on the football weekly podcast about Real and Mourinho being locked in a "you fire me" - "no, you resign" stare down where the club wants him out and he wants out, but both of them want to come out of it with their hands on the compensation money he would be entitled to if fired. Could be a part of that I suppose.

Monday 7 May 2012

And he was right. ;)

Cant find anything but saw a comment on facebook that he confirmed on a press conference today, that he will be staying at Real next season.

His comments above regarding the strikers also imply that he's staying but I don't believe a word out of Mourinho's mouth to be perfectly honest. I fully expect him to be the next Chelsea manager irrespective of what he says in the press.

His comments above regarding the strikers also imply that he's staying but I don't believe a word out of Mourinho's mouth to be perfectly honest. I fully expect him to be the next Chelsea manager irrespective of what he says in the press.

Especially when he said it a year ago... :-"

http://www.as.com/english/articulo/i-m-planning-on-staying/20130507dasdenspo_4/Ten

José Mourinho said that he plans to "continue as Real Madrid's coach" but if he is sacked, he will not receive any severance pay from the club.
Pepe coming to Iker's defence: "Pepe's problem is very easy to analyze; Pepe has a problem - and his name is Raphael Varane. It's understandable that a player who is 31 years old feels he is being undermined by a kid who is still only 19. It's the law of life. And who had the courage to field a teenager like Varane? I did".
Plans to step down: "I have decided to continue".
Are you trying to get fired? "I will be paid right up until my final day of work. I don't want one euromore".
Marks out of 10 for the past three seasons? "I don't give myself personal assessments"
Casillas: "I've got no problem with him. It's just that I like Diego López more and I have every right to hold that opinion just as Iker has to say he prefers Pellegrini to me as a coach. I prefer Diego López and while I am Real Madrid coach, he will always be the team's goalkeeper".
How do you feel about your current situation? "I feel fine; I perfectly understand that the world of football is no different to society in general. Society is changing and adopting principles which I do not share and logically, that is affecting football. Football is a world full of hypocrites. But personally, I am fine and feel completely relaxed".
Can you explain what really happened with Casillas? "For one last time, and I hope that you finally understand: I am a football coach and I am hired to pick the team. I don't just toss a coin and say to myself, 'Right, Coentrao will play today and Marcelo can play next time'. My decisions are based on many hours of studying and analyzing my players. For me, I prefer Diego López as a goalkeeper to Iker Casillas - he is better at handling crosses, he is good blocking with both feet, he dominates the area better... Iker has made some incredible saves but I like other keepers more. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and Iker is within his rights to say he prefers Del Bosque or Pellegrini as coaches. And I am entitled to say that I prefer Diego López. People can say what they want - that Mourinho has no idea about football, that Casillas is twenty times better than Diego López but I am Real Madrid coach, not you, the press. Tomorrow, Diego López, Albiol, Varane, Nacho and Coentrao will play - there, I've just given you five players who will start against Málaga. Varane and Ramos represent the future of Real Madrid, Albiol will play because he has earned it, Fabio will play because I don't have any other options and Diego will play because he is the best keeper. It's as simple as that. I accept that others will disagree but you have to accept my decision as I am the coach".
Unbeaten home record: "None of the other big European teams have managed that. If some have not lost in the Champions League, they have lost in the Cup. The big sides: Juventus, Inter, AC Milan, Napoli, Barcelona, Bayern... All of them have lost at home. We have two games left to play at home this season. Is the title race still on? No. Is there anything that might make me feel happy? No. But we must try not to lose and maintain that confidence we have at our stadium. Málaga are a very dangerous side and they could beat us at the Bernabéu. If we don't put in a huge effort, it will be difficult".
How many friends will you leave behind in Madrid when you eventually go? "I don't feel betrayed by anyone. Friends remain for life. Some people have said that I have been phoning Chelsea players - I don't just call them, I have spoken with players at Anzhi, Galatasaray, Bologna, Inter... I speak to all of them, that's all there is to it".
Iniesta: "Iniesta is free to say or think what he likes although I think he would be better to focus on his own club and worry about what his team mates will do when Messi can't play. His team did what they could in the semi-finals without their star player".

That article is from 2012

Cant imagine a world where Real would keep him

The club and squad wanna gut the son of a bitch and he keeps goading them and goading them to get a reaction

Back