• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What a waste

milo

Jack L. Jones
I was reading about Jack Rodwell earlier today. I know that he has had injury problems but I had completely forgotten that he had joined Emirates Marketing Project in the summer. They've got Sinclair too and he has barely kicked a ball this season. Emirates Marketing Project aren't the only culprits though and this got me thinking.

Who are the best talents sitting on benches or not getting game time at the moment?

Gylfi. Really like the guy but completely understand why he's not starting although I wish he's given more minutes. I'm sure he'll turn it around

Luka Modric.

Though it is a little amusing.

Very amusing.

Surely the only reason Emirates Marketing Project signed Sinclair was for the homegrown rule. Rodwell is a little money grabbing git too no different from any of their players. Total waste of talent considering he could've gone to United who would've looked after him a lot better. And he would've known that.

Very amusing.

Surely the only reason Emirates Marketing Project signed Sinclair was for the homegrown rule. Rodwell is a little money grabbing git too no different from any of their players. Total waste of talent considering he could've gone to United who would've looked after him a lot better. And he would've known that.

on the money Roy, agree!

...I know that he has had injury problems...

Thats what makes the Rodwell one strange from both sides. Rodwell barely played for Everton, and David Moyes expressed his frustration at it a couple times iirc; he seems to be another one of those English players who's reputation is based more on him NOT being on the pitch than being on it [McEachran at Chelsea is another that springs to mind], so I'm not so sure that I'd even consider him a massive waste.

I'd go for any of united's wide players...Fergie's lack of real faith in any of them has harmed their development imo.

Very amusing.

"no different from any of their players" it's remarkable how people continue to peddle this flimflam. Engage your brain, mate.

As you said, Rodwell has been injured quite a lot while he's been here. When he's not, he's made starting and bench appearances, and I thought he's looked good whenever he played. His performance against us last season was the best individual performance from an opposition's player at the Etihad in years. He gave David Silva no space at all in a man marking job, he was a complete monster.
I do feel sorry for Sinclair though. We are wasting him here. He must have been given the promise that he'd get regular time (considering he's our only winger in the whole squad), but Mancini has completely ignored him.

You're right - they're here for the project

I'm curious as to why you obsess about the 'project' whenever my club is mentioned on here. Is it because the owner's came in and tried to convince players to join because we have short and long-term goals? I was under the impression that players join any team because of what they could achieve in the next few years. Don't you hope to sign a striker with the potential of becoming an established Champions League club? Nothing is guaranteed, apart from that being the leading line when negotiations begin.

When Gareth Barry joined, he was vilified for joining us over Liverpool (even though Villa never accepted a bid from the scousers). When we won the league, he gave an interview saying he thinks he has been vindicated in his decision, and who can disagree? Apply this to most players who joined us under Sheikh Mansour.

There are players who did join for the money, due to us overpaying horrendously for them (Bridge, Santa Cruz, Robinho). But applying this to all of our players is brainless and childish.

Last edited:
I don't obsess over anything, fella - last time I checked it was you on a Spurs forum, riding a lonesome crusade of truth in a desperate attempt to proclaim your club a bastion of integrity and self-sustained development

The reality is - most (didn't say 'any') of those players are first and foremost with you for the massive pay-cheque, - which has also in many ways altered the transfer market for clubs such as us who live within our means and spend whata we earn. It is no suprise Mancini has been crying in the press over the FFP's 'unfairness' lately - mainly because he knows very well what is coming, and without the massive financial muscle offering mercenary qunts 300k/week, there is very little left as an 'attraction'.

I sincerely hope these rules bring about some balance back into what has become an utterly unsustainable financial landscape in the football forum - even if it means your club going back to League 2 instead of paying some ogre 250k/week playing golf for 3 months only to come back and cuckold 45 000 'fans'.

Have you read UEFA's latest financial reports on European clubs - apart from Germany - most other clubs are piling ever-increasing debts (over 18.5 billion Euro) spending 80-120% of their turn-over on wages. This cannot and should not be sustained.

Last edited:
Dare I say Darren Bent? Benteke has been very good but say what you will about Bent he is a proven goalscorer at this level shocking he can hardly get a game at a club staring down relegation

Back