• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Wembley is mainly a 'fear factor' or has a greater 'aura' for UK and to a lesser extent European based players.
We have highish percentages of both!

The mega teams with their superstars from all over the world will think it's just a big stadium, this may have a baring.

Last edited:
Wembley is mainly a 'fear factor' or has a greater 'aura' for UK and to a lesser extent European players.
We have highish percentages of both!

If there is a fear factor for our players playing at home at Wembley for a second season, they are going to be fudged at the Bernabeu.

If there is a fear factor for our players playing at home at Wembley for a second season, they are going to be fudged at the Bernabeu.

As @Bedfordspurs said that's a win win for the away players just go out give ya best!

At Wembley the UK players will be affected, but it in different ways some nervous some buoyed by the whole event. But effected nevertheless.

It would take a while for the players to get used to any new stadium (it will be the same when we move back to WHL) and this season was always going to mean that we were surrendering home advantage to an extent. Beyond that, I think that it is as big a problem as we make it. If fans start believing it is a problem, it will transfer to the players and the press will keep pushing the narrative. I think that it is time for us to man up and stop complaining.

I agree. No-one loves it but there is little doubt that we are playing more than well enough to win. How many times has Kane hit the woodwork there in the league? What is it, 76 chances created for two goals? Unreal. I agree Milo, we are where we are and we'd better make it work. The fan concentrations are an issue for sure, but we have to get it done. Personally I think we will need away form which virtually mirrors our Lane form, but with that 0-0 Chels-Arse, it really only leaves the Manchester banks running away with the top two slots...I would be delighted with top 4 and a cup. Very achievable, very reasonable and then into the new stadium!!!! Which, BTW, looks like it will exceed all expectations!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

As @Bedfordspurs said that's a win win for the away players just go out give ya best!

At Wembley the UK players will be affected, but it in different ways some nervous some buoyed by the whole event. But effected nevertheless.

That might've been the case for a game or two but I do not believe that is still the case. I think that tension from the crowd is far more likely to affect their performance than Wembley itself.

All this stadium upheaval is a means to an end.
IMHO it will take 'at least' a season in the new WHL before we will be back to "normal".
There is no easy way around all these ground problems.

I agree. No-one loves it but there is little doubt that we are playing more than well enough to win. How many times has Kane hit the woodwork there in the league? What is it, 76 chances created for two goals? Unreal. I agree Milo, we are where we are and we'd better make it work. The fan concentrations are an issue for sure, but we have to get it done. Personally I think we will need away form which virtually mirrors our Lane form, but with that 0-0 Chels-Arse, it really only leaves the Manchester banks running away with the top two slots...I would be delighted with top 4 and a cup. Very achievable, very reasonable and then into the new stadium!!!! Which, BTW, looks like it will exceed all expectations!

You don't need to look further than that really. Goals change games and we've had chances but didn't take them. It happens. Our performances have deserved more.

That might've been the case for a game or two but I do not believe that is still the case. I think that tension from the crowd is far more likely to affect their performance than Wembley itself.

More than likely the biggest factor to unsettle the whole club is the media.
Pochettinno was apparently a little fed up with them Saturday evening and who can blame him. But this will permeate through to all the player IMHO.

Making the whole Wembley much more of a problem for Spurs!

But I really don't see Chelsea suffering the same setbacks/fragility when they use Wembley?

Last edited:
More than likely the biggest factor to unsettle the whole club is the media.
Pochettinno was apparently a little fed up with them Saturday evening and who can blame him. But this will permeate through to all the player IMHO.

Making the whole Wembley much more of a problem for Spurs!

I'd agree that is more of an issue. I do not think that is anything to do with the stadium, it is just a media narrative and that is what I meant by us playing our part. If we buy into it being a problem and are restless in the stadium then the story gains more momentum.

I agree and it is why I made sure I did a few more yid armys then normal.

I'd agree that is more of an issue. I do not think that is anything to do with the stadium, it is just a media narrative and that is what I meant by us playing our part. If we buy into it being a problem and are restless in the stadium then the story gains more momentum.

Because the press are to lazy to think of other things what you say is sadly true.

It's all in the players heads that's how these things work!
Of course it has nothing to do with the stadium!
But as long as the players 'possibly' believe it we have a problem?

It's all in the players heads that's how these things work!
Of course it has nothing to do with the stadium!
But as long as the players 'possibly' believe it we have a problem?

We have to turn it around, even if people do not agree with my views on Paul Clement and Swansea. Creating a siege mentality and playing the victim that everyone is against us and raising their game when they play us. It will help the team bond and might actually put the backs up of the opposition players and make them attack us a bit more.

I am a fcuking genius and not one of them tw*t apple genius people either.

Forget the bloody hoodoo. The problem isn't Wembley this is how we play at the start of the season. Compare the Burnley game with the 1-0 win over Palace when Wanyama scored and the Swansea game with the 1-0 win over Sunderland. The respective match stats (shots on target, corners, possession) are almost identical. Of course the 'goals' stat is the only one that counts but matches panned out virtually the same e.g. a stodgy and often ponderous performance. the only different (apart from the result!) is fine margins.

If, at xmas we are still playing within ourselves and dropping points I'll be concerned but until then we're simply following the same pattern of the last 2 seasons.

Interesting side point would be to have some 'markers' in the stands to give the players similar visual cues to the ones they had at the Lane? A banner here? A flag there? Am I clutching at straws? One thing about this whole Wembley thing - by the time the cup competitions get close to business end, we will be adjusted and it will be a massive advantage!

Interesting side point would be to have some 'markers' in the stands to give the players similar visual cues to the ones they had at the Lane? A banner here? A flag there? Am I clutching at straws? One thing about this whole Wembley thing - by the time the cup competitions get close to business end, we will be adjusted and it will be a massive advantage!

I think the ground makes very little difference otherwise why are our away performances improved on last year at unfamiliar grounds

Our issue at wembley has simply been putting our dominance into a result. We should have 3 wins IMO based on the performance but we dint as we didn't get the job done. It wasn't cos we were out played it was because we didn't take the chances we had and conceded poor goals

Back