• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Well here's some interesting news

Cochise

Steve Carr
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-did-not-want-four-seven-summer-signings.html

So it sounds as if AVB didn't want half the players we got this summer. Then again the story talks like we flatly refused him and Baldini did what he pleased. I think the truth is somewhere between. A front 3 of Villa-Soldado-Hulk as the DM suggest would've been sick especially if his rumoured midfield of Moutinho-Paulinho-Capoue was also signed. Working it out though the transfers would've cost a bit more and no doubt the wages that all these players wanted would've bankrupted the club, something which I don't think the papers seem to grasp. The Moutinho deal of 2013 was never gonna happen once Monaco made their move and I doubt the player would've wanted to come to us with no UCL, the 2012 deal though was all Levys fault. Villa didn't want to sign for us either although I did think the Erkisen signing felt like a rush job, one where we just snapped him up because we could. Vlad was a signing we needed after Caulker left, imagine the trouble we would be in right now if we hadn't signed him.

These stories were always gonna emerge although I find it funny that the DM are posting something that shows AVB isn't at fault. I think it also shows how rigid AVB is with his system as it mirrors the Porto model quite closely, whether or not this shows us at fault or AVB's stubbornes and inability to change his tactics I dont know, although finding a way of making our team tick without that deep play maker has been a problem for the entirety of AVBs time.

Basically it seems that Levy's penny pinching (remember we spent £0 net this summer) has basically cost us. An investment from outside our transfer incomings may have been enough to capture AVBs targets but I think the he in turn was unrealistic in his ambitions given our day to day financial constraints. I'd imagine Hulk would be earning as much as Chadli/Vlad and possibly Eriksen put together.

Easy to say now, during the summer he actually said he prefred the DoF system and that he wanted one. Then when we got Baldini he said he was happy with it.

Not as if he put up a furious fight to prevent Baldini's apointment.

AVB has past in trying to deflect blame elsewhere, think this is what he's trying to do now.

Always a blame game when the manager has to leave.
He claim he didn't get the players he wanted,
new man says the players aren't well trained,
while the players talk down the old one and big up the new guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-did-not-want-four-seven-summer-signings.html

So it sounds as if AVB didn't want half the players we got this summer. Then again the story talks like we flatly refused him and Baldini did what he pleased. I think the truth is somewhere between. A front 3 of Villa-Soldado-Hulk as the DM suggest would've been sick especially if his rumoured midfield of Moutinho-Paulinho-Capoue was also signed. Working it out though the transfers would've cost a bit more and no doubt the wages that all these players wanted would've bankrupted the club, something which I don't think the papers seem to grasp. The Moutinho deal of 2013 was never gonna happen once Monaco made their move and I doubt the player would've wanted to come to us with no UCL, the 2012 deal though was all Levys fault. Villa didn't want to sign for us either although I did think the Erkisen signing felt like a rush job, one where we just snapped him up because we could. Vlad was a signing we needed after Caulker left, imagine the trouble we would be in right now if we hadn't signed him.

These stories were always gonna emerge although I find it funny that the DM are posting something that shows AVB isn't at fault. I think it also shows how rigid AVB is with his system as it mirrors the Porto model quite closely, whether or not this shows us at fault or AVB's stubbornes and inability to change his tactics I dont know, although finding a way of making our team tick without that deep play maker has been a problem for the entirety of AVBs time.

Basically it seems that Levy's penny pinching (remember we spent £0 net this summer) has basically cost us. An investment from outside our transfer incomings may have been enough to capture AVBs targets but I think the he in turn was unrealistic in his ambitions given our day to day financial constraints. I'd imagine Hulk would be earning as much as Chadli/Vlad and possibly Eriksen put together.

Spurs actually made a profit of over £6m last summer in player trading...

P0383_zps5841885c.png

Same old story different manager and team.

Every time a manager gets sacked the same old story gets trotted out.

Classic journalism....seems very unlikely they've just found this out so why wait until now. Narrative:

1. Berate AVB for being useless.
2. Create rumours that players lost faith in him and it's inevitable he will get sacked.
3. Having been sacked criticise club and fans for treating him harshly and state how longevity and patience would have been better option.
4. Create story to show AVB had been undermined and badly treated all along and how sorry they feel for the poor chap who was just a couple of players away from trophies, success and immortality.

I actually believe some of that somewhat and do have some sympathy - especially the Moutinho one which I thought was ludicrous that he didnt sign. He would have been the lynchpin in our team.

Some mentioned the pay off that he wouldnt have recieved had he resigned - do you think that he purposefully gave up - he looked like a lost and destroyed guy on that touchline at times and maybe just had enough of it all.

Why should anyone feel even a shred of sympathy for AVB? He knew what he was taking on and was paid very handsomely for it.

Typical DM s*** stirring of course. It's their usp.

So according to the paper talk AVB did not want Eriksen, Lamela, and Paulinho, and wanted Hulk, Villa and Moutinho, not to mention Willian.

We could have potentially had

Sandro Moutinho

Hulk Willian Villa

Soldado

Potentially would have cost us the Bale money.

Don't believe this article. Do not believe for one moment that AVBs and Baldini's relationship deteriated that much. Sounds to me it's DM $hit stirring or club releasing stuff to make him look the wrongun and those at the club the wronged.

politics in football is so meh!

To be honest whether he wanted the players or not he got given some real quality not Downing, Carroll etc. He needed to adapt to their strengths and didn't. We had a plan a and never a plan b.

SAme old rollocks everytime a manager gets sacked. Funny how its never until after the sacking that any of this comes out....

It's balls, it was clear fairly early on in the transfer window that we weren't getting Villa, and I've no doubt that we couldn't have afforded Hulk's wages and would have known that fairly soon as well. We never got Moutinho in the Jan before so AVB must of had a fair idea whether we would have got him or not in the next window. At the end of the day Levy is AVB's boss, if he asked for these players and was told early on that he wasn't getting them, then he should have identified suitable targets that he could get.

I doubt very much Levy and Baldini were going, yeh no problem we'll get you everyone you want, then at the last minute went, no so Andre, actually we've bought Lamella, Chadli and Chiriches.

What im intrigued about is if AVB has been watching all this football in his sabattical from Chelscum, could he really not find any players that didnt cost the earth like Hulk?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9079743/

Tottenham Hotspur coach Les Ferdinand says that former boss Andre Villas-Boas agreed to all of their summer signings.

There had been suggestions that Technical Director Franco Baldini had sanctioned the transfers in place of Villas-Boas, who was sacked on Monday following a string of poor performances.

However, Ferdinand has revealed the Portuguese boss gave Baldini his consent to spend a reported £100million in the transfer window, with many of the signings coming in for criticism so far this season

"Most of the signings were perhaps suggestions to him, but he agreed to those suggestions," Ferdinand told Beyond the Pitch.

"The bottom line is he agreed to all of those signings. It wasn't a case that the players were brought in and he was told 'You have to make a team of these players', because if you're a manager and that happens, you're destined for the sack.

"From speaking to AVB, I understand he was happy that the players came to the club."

I don't think AVB was so limited that he just wanted a handful of specific very expensive players and that anything else was unacceptable.

He does have a very specific system though. Maybe players with the right traits are more important when he goes for a disciplined approach.

Back